The Clinical Research Nurse – Stroke position is an exciting opportunity to experience and participate in impactful research within the fast-paced, rapidly growing Neuro Vascular team at Barrow Neurological Institute. The ideal candidate will oversee and coordinate research studies throughout the continuum of the comprehensive stroke program. Current research studies offered to our patients originate from NIH, Stroke Net, and clinical organizations. The RN position is responsible for maintaining quality standards of care, professional & thorough documentation, supporting hospital and research policies and procedures, and obtain/maintain RN licensure.
In this role, the Clinical Research Nurse will also manage and coordinate all facets of assigned clinical protocols from IRB preparation through query and data seal; ensuring protocol and regulatory compliance.
Located in Phoenix, AZ, this position is critical to the success of St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health.
About this opportunity:
Under general supervision,of the Executive Chef / Food Production Manager, responsible for the preparation of all main entrees, vegetable and soups according to projected needs and formula cards for the patient Trayline, cafeteria and special events. All employees are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision and values of the organization. The person doing this job is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost effective manner. Demonstrated knowledge of food preparation, sanitation, and service.
Registered Nurse-Psych Crisis Team Non-Mobile (PD/Nights)Dignity Health Northridge Hospital Medical Center The PSYCH CRISIS TEAM at Northridge Hospital Medical Center is actively seeking individuals who have a minimum 18 months post licensure acute psych experience in a hospital or closely related setting. Prior experience in crisis intervention and/or emergency room setting is desirable. Must have completed the L.A. County LPS training and successfully passed LPS Designation testing. Must obtain Dignity Health Northridge Hospital Allied Health Medical Staff privileges for writing 5150s. This position is non-mobile and is limited to the hospital campus. Most work is performed within the ED, with some assessments on medical floors or inpatient Behavioral Health. This position is critical for timely ED throughput and for to the success of Northridge Medical Center. It requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission and organizational values of the Dignity Health system. In addition, Dignity Health has made the conscious decision to implement solutions that will improve patient care outcomes and nursing competencies. As a result, all RN candidates considered for this position will be required to take a series of assessments during our application and interviewing process that include a basic math assessment and a thorough behavioral-based questionnaire in addition to providing up to three professional references and a copy of your most recent performance evaluation.
The Labor Registered Nurse triages and cares for laboring patients under the direction of the Maternal Child
Manager/Director. Additional patient populations served by the labor nurse include ante-partum, post-partum/newborn, and post-gynecological. The registered nurse employs critical thinking to integrate objective data with knowledge gained from an assessment of the subjective experiences of patients. Registered nurses use this critical thinking process to apply the best available evidence and research data to the processes of diagnosis and treatment. Nurses continually evaluate quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and seek to optimize outcomes. Medical/clinical knowledge, technical and clinical skills, clinical judgment, interpersonal skills and communication as indicated in the current Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals are essential components of nursing practice. All registered nurses practice within the scopes and standards of practice set forth by the American Nurses Association.
- This position is represented by CNA and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
The Medical/Surgical Acute Unit Registered Nurse is responsible for assessment, teaching, planning and coordinating patient care for the post surgery patient.
Now is the time to JOIN OUR dynamic RESPIRATORY THERAPY SERVICES DEPARTMENT as we are seeking RESPIRATORY THERAPISTS for a night shift. Whether you pre-book your schedule or do daily scheduling, our respiratory therapists are required to sign-up to work a minimum of 3 shifts every two weeks and are paid on a weekly basis. Additional shifts maybe scheduled based on hospital needs.
The Registry Respiratory Therapist (RT) provides supplemental staffing needs as determined by treatment workloads. Responsibilities include managing all patients on ventilators and related life support equipment. Performs routine blood gas analysis, consisting of arterial and capillary samples, as well as performing patient assessments and recommending appropriate therapy. Documents all treatments and therapies performed. 3 days per pay period required.
Respiratory Therapist, RRT, RT, AMA, AZ, arizona, therapy, registered Respiratory Therapist
The Respiratory Therapist (RT) assesses, delivers, and documents respiratory care to include pulmonary hygiene and airway management and performs diagnostic exams as necessary. Manages all patients on ventilators and related life support equipment. Performs routine blood gas analysis. Assesses, plans, and evaluates the patient plan of care utilizing multiple respiratory modalities, respiratory therapy driven protocols, and advanced ventilation techniques.
Respiratory Therapist, RRT, RT, AMA, AZ, arizona, therapy, registered Respiratory Therapist
The Patient Logistics RN supervises the transfer center activities for Dignity Health Facilities. The position functions as the supervisor during their assigned shift to support the department and staff to carry out the patient logistics program responsibilities. The Patient Logistics RN collaborates with customers and staff to ensure efficient and effective communication with others, including but not limited to: hospital administration, nursing leadership or their designee, medical staff, physicians and transportation vendors to ensure patients are assigned rooms in an expedient manner utilizing all critical resources within the organization to expedite this process. Primary responsibility for completing quality assurance reviews of work performed and communicating with department manager and director the outcomes of the review and any identified issues or barriers.
- Compiles data for the purpose of quality assurance and compliance with organizational and department policies, work aids, and algorithms
- Holds other Patient Logistics staff accountable to the established standards
- Accurate and timely distribution of daily reporting
- Participate in Patient Logistics growth and improvement
- Support program director and manager in preparation of reports, program material, research, data collecting and analysis for various meetings and or programs
- Manage Transfer Center calls in accordance with the established workaids and algorithms and support staff in learning and upholding these work processes
- Provide supervisory support to Patient Logistics RN and other staff as needed
- Ability to function and lead independently with self-initiative and discipline
- Other duties as assigned to meet the program and corporate needs
Collect objective/subjective data for effective and appropriate transfers of patients
Determine facility designation based on diagnoses, planned procedure and level of care requirements
Maintain constant communication with both internal and external sources of information concerning patient transfers
Utilize nursing knowledge and assessment to prioritize patient transfers based on urgency of patient’s condition, utilization of available beds.
Communicate effectively with hospital staff to allow for patient flow. Responds efficiently during emergency situation for appropriate transfer of all patients
Evaluate effectiveness of patient transfer in collaboration with Dignity Health facility
Make judgments, decisions and modify patient transfer priorities based on evaluation
Perform legible, timely, concise and accurate documentation according to policies and procedures
Proficient and competent with computerized documentation
Accept responsibility and accountability for own decisions and behaviors
Recognize , accept and cooperate with direction from facility leadership
Participate in orientation of new staff
Serve as resource to staff from other hospitals and vendors
Continue education by attending non-mandatory education offerings specific to area of practice
Maintain awareness of issues related to nursing profession
Provide measurable written goals appropriate to level of experience during annual appraisal process
Demonstrate effort to achieve pre-set goals throughout the year
Maintain a safe working environment by utilizing appropriate resources, protocols, procedures, and communication to appropriate personnel
Apply safety precautions and principles to patient care, including all National Patient Safety Goals
Communicate clearly and effectively using proper communication etiquette
Use medical terminology accurately
Include reporting abnormalities or change in patient condition to appropriate personnel in a timely manner
Participate in service line growth and Dignity Health quality initiatives
Include patient satisfaction and core measures
The Executive Coordinator provides administrative support to the Strategic Planning department, including executive support for the SVP Corporate Strategy & Growth and VP Service Area Marketing. Essential Functions:
- Maintains executive’s daily calendar, schedule appointments and conferences, and makes necessary travel arrangements. Assembles necessary background materials for executive's scheduled meetings. Organizes agenda notices and ensures proper distribution. May attend meetings to organize and transcribe minutes.
- Performs diversified administrative duties of a routine and confidential nature which relieve executive of administrative details.
- Works closely with department executives for the coordination and planning of routine and recurring meetings. .
- Ability to create and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with internal and external executives and their assistants with particular attention to the direct reports of the SVP Corporate Strategy & Growth, Dignity Health Chief Strategy Officers, Service Area Marketing/Communication Leads and their assistants.
- Receives visitors and screens questions and requests. Interviews telephone callers and makes proper referrals. Frequently interfaces at the management level both internally and externally on matters relating to executive's activities and requirements. In situations where incumbent works in a different location from executive, incumbent works closely with onsite Executive Coordinators for the coordination of meeting support, receiving visitors, mail support and phone coverage.
- Independently composes routine correspondence and non-routine complex letters from verbal instruction. Reviews materials prepared by others for supervisor's signature to assure procedural and typographical accuracy.
- Helps coordinate WebEx and off-site meetings.
- Sets up and maintains electronic files of routine and confidential data and Information of major importance.
- As appropriate, receives mail and administers organizational correspondence control. Independently answers correspondence or takes appropriate action when possible.
- Handles requests which require detailed knowledge of department/organization policies and procedures. Assists in communicating executive's requirements and expectations. Distribute, update, and manage electronic documents.
- Assists with any and all special projects accurately adhering to tight deadlines.
- Processes and reconciles expense reports and monthly charge card reports.
- Processes invoices
The Senior Physician Recruiter is responsible for all activities in relation to physician recruiting. The qualified applicant will recruit physicians for the University of Arizona Cancer Center at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s and the Norton Thoracic Institute in Arizona.
Responsibilities may include:
- Partner with physicians and executives to develop opportunity profiles and develop recruitment strategies
- Identify and source targeted physicians using a variety of creative and effective recruitment methods that include: online advertising, mining websites, direct mail, telemarketing, networking, conference attendance, referral programs, phone interviews, and search firms
- Identify qualities and skills needed by the hiring department and utilize information to develop effective recruitment plans for sourcing and identifying physician candidates
- Further elevate and refine sourcing strategies to maximize exposure and physician recruitment methods
- Design recruiting initiatives at area residency programs; develop and maintain relationships with targeted residency programs and develop a strategy to enhance the recruitment pipeline
- Work with recruitment department, marketing, and outside recruitment advertising agencies to develop recruiting collateral which will include information on the medical group, hospital profile, physician benefits, Dignity Health organization/mission/culture/values, geographic area highlights, links to area information on schools, cultural, and recreational activities
- Phone screen candidates to determine quality and fit for the organization; present physician opportunity with detail and clarity, providing information about organization, compensation plan, benefits, and specific elements of the position; respond to candidates in a timely manner
- Present candidates to leadership in a timely manner with robust and relevant applicant details
- Direct and coordinate candidates' itineraries, organize candidates' site visits including hotel reservations, tours of clinics, hospitals, community, appointments with physicians, lunch/dinner reservations, process all travel receipts
- Attend on-site candidate interviews
- Partner with Medical Director/Executive Director to develop offer and to ensure that a contract is issued to candidates quickly
- Follow up with candidate, in conjunction with Medical Director/Executive Director to sort out issues and resolutions to any barriers to closing the offer and securing the candidate
- Maximize use of team Applicant Tracking System
- Provide regular and as-requested reports to leadership
- Perform other duties as assigned
Position Summary:The registered nurse is responsible to take primary responsibility to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care of each assigned patient. Provide direct patient care. Supervise the activities of nursing staff members. Follow-up on all care related activities and assure all physician orders are accurately transcribed and carried out in a timely manner.
Coordinate the plan of care. Conduct patient teaching specific to disease entity and home management. Actively participate in assuring care continuum.
Collaborate with other nursing and ancillary services to assure seamless communication and uninterrupted patient care.
- Model leadership behaviors
- Foster a spirit of collaboration and teamwork
- Mentor peers and colleagues
- Anticipate patient’s needs
Read, analyze, and interpret hospital policies and procedures, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Must have ability to critically think and problem solve
We are seeking a Laboratory Assistant who is passionate about the health and well-being of our patients to perform blood collection and specimen processing. Assists with telephone calls and other clerical duties. Performs CLIA-waived and moderate complexity testing, assists with technical procedures within regulatory guidelines.
St Joseph's Clinical Laboratory is a fast paced, innovative laboratory supporting the Medical Center's various service lines. We are a large lab with over 150 employees among our 9 internal laboratory departments. In addition to the standard Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology and Blood Bank departments, we have a Surgical and Anatomic Pathology department, a Cytogenetic laboratory, and a growing Molecular laboratory. We support St Josephs' Trauma Center, Lung and Heart transplant programs, and Barrow's Neurological Center. We support St Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center mission and philosophy with the Laboratory’s Vision of providing accurate laboratory results to insure optimal diagnosis and patient treatment through excellence, innovation, expertise, and technology. We follow CLIA, CLSI, CAP, and The Joint Commission requirements.
In keeping with the Dignity Healthcare core values, is responsible for providing specialty occupational therapy assessments and treatments to outpatients as evidenced by a high degree of expertise in a given area or areas. Provides training and/or supervision to staff occupational therapists. May supervise or be responsible for a particular program such as inservice coordinator, NICU follow-up program and/or day to day operations of a particular area of the department. May have specialty certification in occupational therapy field such as NDT, orthopedics, etc. or be trained to perform videofluroscopies.
Position Summary: Provides strategic clinical product line management expertise in Cardiology and Imaging for the Supply & Service Resource Management department, Dignity Health facilities, and affiliates of Dignity Health. Works collaboratively to engage clinical professionals, key departmental leadership, and stakeholders across multiple divisions to facilitate efficient and effective system-wide decisions.
- Responsible for the overall leadership, planning, management and completion of clinical sourcing and clinical engagement projects for cardiology and imaging initiatives in collaboration with the Supply & Service Resource Management Department, Dignity Health facilities, and Clinicians/Physicians.
- Applies project leadership to manage roles, identify resource requirements, define project deliverables, and provide customer satisfaction to insure quality.
- Ensures effective communication and relationship with customers, both internally and externally to SSRM and Dignity Health.
- Responsible for identifying, developing, monitoring and maintaining appropriate tracking documents for initiatives and facilitating the collaboration of stakeholders.
- Track and report on initiative milestones and provide status reports to sponsor, Director or Vice President.
- Lead, coach, and motivate initiative team members and stakeholders on a proactive basis.
- Responsible for forming teams, managing workload and delegating tasks to ensure targeted timelines and project goals are met.
- Defines the responsibilities of parties involved in the project including, but not limited to, Physicians, Nurses, management, vendors and others affected by the project.
- Access the knowledge, evidence, and best practices available for each initiative.
- Partners with resources, councils, & committees to assist in the decision-making process as needed given the complexity of the specific initiative.
- Understand and provide appropriate decision criteria for the key financial and non-financial components of each initiative.
- Assist with managing details related to vendor selection from initiative concept through implementation. Understanding the current organizational goals of Dignity Health, evaluating contracting and vendor options, analyzing the financial and non-financial considerations, communicating throughout the organization, awarding the vendor decision, and implementing the contract.
- Supports the implementation of any Service and Supply contracts across the enterprise by ensuring all pertinent information is available to key stakeholders to facilitate timely, knowledgable decisions for purposes of delivering significant cost savings.
- Provide objective guidance and counsel to Dignity Health leadership to support financial and evidence based decisions for initiatives.
- Work at the direction of the SSRM Leadership
Provides medical nutritional therapy to patients by assessing nutritional status, developing a plan of care to maintain or improve nutritional status, periodically evaluating the patient's response to the plan of care, and modifying it as required for optimal outcomes. Counsels patients and/or families about food requirement, eating habits, and therapeutic nutrition.
- Completes patient nutritional assessment and establishes plan of care for patient's nutritional requirements; utilizes assessment and evaluation techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Documents assessment, plan, actions and patients' progress.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements educational materials to meet the needs of patients and clinical professionals. Serves as an expert resource and collaborates with the multi-disciplinary medical team on any nutrition-related matters.
- Participate in care planning meetings, rounds, and test trays in the kitchen.
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches and principles of Medical Nutrition Therapy and ability to plan, develop and deliver nutritional interventions as well as provide individualized dietary consultations.
- Knowledge of and ability to assess patients and develop and implement a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of education concepts and techniques; the ability to educate people about food requirement, eating habits, and therapeutic nutrition.
- Knowledge of principles and practices associated with menu planning; ability to plan nutritious and varied meals for patients and staff.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations governing dietary guidelines; ability to apply these theories to design, develop and maintain a healthy diet.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques; ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
About this position:
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Clinical Nurse III is an advance practitioner who is an expert in bedside nursing care and is also capable of directing/coaching staff in the daily operations of the nursing unit. Acts as a daily operations of the nursing unit. Acts as a mentor. Preceptor, and resource of the Clinical Nurse I and II as well as other staff members. Able to provide advance consultation in patient care problems for a given patient population.
This position is represented by SEIU, Local 121RN, and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
KEY WORDS: RN, REGISTERED NURSE, CRITICAL CARE, INTENSIVE CARE, ED, EMERGENCY, HOSPITAL, HEALTHCARE
The RN Care Coordinator is responsible for assessing, planning, facilitating and advocating for options and services through a continuum of care from point of contact through discharge on assigned patients.The RN Care Coordinator performs this role in such a manner as to meet the individuals health needs while promoting quality and cost effective outcomes. The positions emphasis will be on care coordination, communication and collaboration with nursing, physicians, departments within the medical center, insurers and post acute service providers to pace the care toward optimal outcomes within the appropriate level of care. The RN Care Coordinator will advocate for the patient and family by identifying and valuing patient choice, spiritual needs, cultural, language and socioeconomic barreris to care transitions . In addition, the RN Care Coordinator will protect confidentiality while striving to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction. The RN Care Coordinator consistently conducts the utilization review process and the discharge planning process as required by hospital policies, standards of practice and Federal and State regulations. Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable heath services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of St. Bernardine Medical Center. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support St. Bernardine Medical Center's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities. Requirements: Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in an acute hospital setting; Prior Care Coordination experience in a clinical or insurance setting is required. . BSN degree or experience equivalent preferred; CM certification preferred; A Masters Degree in nursing with a concentration in Case Management can serve as a substitute for the experience requirement. Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a must; Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are essential; Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills; Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects effectively; Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of detail orientation; Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities Current Registered Nurse (RN) License to practice professional nursing within the State of California. If operational conditions permit, training a candidatewithout the required experience may be considered.
Registered Nurse - Emergency ServicesNorthridge Hospital Medical Center The EMERGENCY SERVICES unit at Northridge Hospital Medical Center is actively seeking individuals who demonstrate patient care excellence. We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for the EMERGENCY SERVICES unit to coordinate, supervise and implement patient care based on competence, professional expertise, knowledge and evidence-based practice. The Registered Nurse is expected to practice autonomously, consistent with professional standards, Nurse Practice Act and hospital job description specific to the unit. This position is critical to the success of Northridge Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission and organizational values of the Dignity Health system. In addition, Dignity Health has made the conscious decision to implement solutions that will improve patient care outcomes and nursing competencies. As a result, all RN candidates considered for this position will be required to take a series of assessments during our application and interviewing process that include a basic math assessment and a thorough behavioral-based questionnaire in addition to providing up to three professional references and a copy of your most recent performance evaluation.
Job Summary: The Internal Client Services Representative is responsible for working with the Director of Sales and Marketing for Lab and Pathology Services as well as laboratory leadership to meet external client needs. The internal clients services role
actively seeks out opportunities and implement strategies to improve service line delivery and physician satisfaction
through addressing client needs within the laboratory.
The Internal Client Services Representative is responsible for working with the Director of Sales and Marketing for Lab and Pathology Services as well as laboratory leadership to meet external client needs. The internal clients services role actively seeks out opportunities and implement strategies to improve service line delivery and physician satisfaction through addressing client needs within the laboratory.
Two years minimum experience in a clinical laboratory client service or sales role.
Two or more years working in a contact center/call center environment preferred.
Experience in the healthcare industry, in a customer-facing role, such as a physician's office or hospital highly desired.
General knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
Experience with Customer Relationship Management Systems and/or Laboratory Information Systems.
Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent ability to listen and respond. Strong flexibility and the ability to manage and adapt to changing priorities quickly.
California driver's license and proof of automobile liability required.
High School Diploma. Bachelor's degree desired but not required.
Under the general direction of the Facilities Manager, the Tradesman will be proficient in basic plumbing and electrical. Knowledge of building management systems including: building automation system, fire alarm system and pneumatic tube system. The Tradesman will have the ability to read and follow PM instructions, have the basic knowledge of central plant equipment including boilers, chillers, cooling towers and VAVs.