Click column header to sort
The registered nurse is responsible to take primary responsibility to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care of each assigned patient. Provide direct patient care. Supervise the activities of nursing staff members. Anticipate patient’s needs. Follow-up on all care related activities and assure all physician orders are accurately transcribed and carried out in a timely manner. Coordinate the plan of care. Conduct patient teaching specific to disease entity and home management. Actively participate in assuring care continuum. Collaborate with other nursing and ancillary services to assure seamless communication and uninterrupted patient care. Model leadership behaviors. Foster a spirit of collaboration and teamwork. Mentor peers and colleagues.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of fixed and portable radiographs according to department quality standards. This position requires providing care/service to a critically ill through rehabilitating newborn through geriatric patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
The RN Care Coordinator is responsible for assessing, planning, facilitating and advocating for options and services through a continuum of care from point of contact through discharge on assigned patients.The RN Care Coordinator performs this role in such a manner as to meet the individuals health needs while promoting quality and cost effective outcomes. The positions emphasis will be on care coordination, communication and collaboration with nursing, physicians, departments within the medical center, insurers and post acute service providers to pace the care toward optimal outcomes within the appropriate level of care. The RN Care Coordinator will advocate for the patient and family by identifying and valuing patient choice, spiritual needs, cultural, language and socioeconomic barreris to care transitions . In addition, the RN Care Coordinator will protect confidentiality while striving to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction. The RN Care Coordinator consistently conducts the utilization review process and the discharge planning process as required by hospital policies, standards of practice and Federal and State regulations. Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable heath services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of St. Bernardine Medical Center. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support St. Bernardine Medical Center's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities. Requirements: Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in an acute hospital setting; Prior Care Coordination experience in a clinical or insurance setting is required. . BSN degree or experience equivalent preferred; CM certification preferred; A Masters Degree in nursing with a concentration in Case Management can serve as a substitute for the experience requirement. Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a must; Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are essential; Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills; Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects effectively; Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of detail orientation; Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities Current Registered Nurse (RN) License to practice professional nursing within the State of California. If operational conditions permit, training a candidatewithout the required experience may be considered.
The OB Technician is a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) who functions in the additional role of an OB Tech. Performs nursing duties for a selected patient population within the guidelines of hospital policies and procedures under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse and indirect supervision of the Nurse Manager. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Community Hospital of San Bernardino. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Community Hospital of San Bernardino strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement, process, and activities.
This position requires a High School Diploma or equiv. C.N.A.,Surgical Technician,1 and BLS certifications are required as well as 1 year experience as a Surgical Technician.
In collaboration with the physician/medical director, assumes clinical responsibility for tasks performed within Nurse Practitioner's scope of practice. Including: taking patient's history, performing physical examinations, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, establishing diagnosis and provide care and management for common illnesses and disease prevention in the pediatric and adult patient. The NP may assist in the admission, transfer or discharge from Health Care System. Makes appropriate referrals to specialists and community agencies. Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement program. Works within multidisciplinary team to develop plan for the patient and their family.
Provides support for the Clinical Services Department, including Outpatient Case Managers, Social Services team, and Health Education, specifically through the coordination of services within the DHMSO Clinical Programs and DHMSO Case Management program. Serves as intake coordinator for referrals into disease management program(s), coordinating requests for services, monitoring members, and reporting findings. Facilitates communication between providers, DHMSO staff, hospital physicians, patients and their families with regard to coordination of services.
- Responsible for meeting all of the DHMSO Job Standards described below.
- Contacts members who are identified as appropriate for medical management program(s). Explains process for telephonic management to members and obtains member consent to participate. Communicates via phone with members participating in the program(s). Contacts program participants at regular intervals to evaluate health status according to program protocol. Reports variances to nursing staff assigned to the patient. Confirms medications currently taken by member during each call. May communicate obtained information to PCP, Home Visit Program MD or DHMSO Clinical Programs MD as directed.
- Documents all contacts pertaining to assigned members in PCM. Utilizes e-mail communication to insure that all appropriate staff are kept informed of relevant issues. Functions as a resource for access into Cerner for Comprehensive Care and Case Management teams. Maintains accurate records of referrals, appointments, evaluation and management process for the Clinic and Case Management program.
- Processes referral requests according to company policy. Responsible for insuring all authorizations are received by the appropriate parties. Responsible for faxing clinical information, orders and authorizations generated by the Clinic and Case Management program to providers. May also assist with appointments as directed.
- Responsible for gathering clinical information from outside sources such as PCPs, specialists and other providers, hospital logs, Cerner, PCM, hospital case managers, and outpatient UM staff. Forwards information to staff for the purpose of evaluation for initiation of management as well as ongoing management by the Case Management program.
- Answers telephone inquiries professionally regarding issues that pertain to referrals and care (e.g., referral status, procedures on how to request authorizations, etc.). May assist with other clerical duties, including data entry, chart preparation, report generation and appointment scheduling, ordering supplies for the departments, general support for Case Management, Social Services and Health Education.
- Verifies member eligibility, demographic information, and benefits as follows:
- health plan eligibility or certificate number
- effective date of coverage
- cancellation date if member is dis-enrolled
- patient address and phone number – ensures information is up-to-date
- health plan and benefit options - ensures authorization is issued to appropriate member for appropriate benefit
- verifies benefits per company policy for appropriate services
- Verifies member’s Primary Care Physician and the Physician Specialist provider number to ensure that authorization is requested and issued to appropriate network provider.
- Determines the appropriate financial responsibility assignment when processing authorizations and that information is entered into the system correctly, by utilizing the financial responsibility matrix and the shared risk matrix correctly.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of IPAs, PPOs, and HMOs with regard to benefits, policies and procedures, documentation requirements and medical terminology.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills as well as organizational and project management skills.
- Computer experience required with familiarity with QNXT, MS Windows (Word and Excel), and Cerner applications preferred.
The incumbent performs the primary function of an RN in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients. The incumbent assists physicians with the development and implementation of wound treatment plans and participates in performance improvement review activities. The incumbent acts within the guidelines of federal and state laws, Joint Commission Standards and professional and ethical practice.
Bruceville Terrace, a Skilled Nursing Facility and a member of Dignity Health, is currently looking for a RAI Coordinator to add to their facility staff. The RAI Coordinator coordinates the accurate and timely completion of the MDS that both enhances the care and maximizes the appropriate reimbursement for the care provided to the patient/residents. The Coordinator facilitates the communication between the disciplines such as Nursing, Social Services, Activities, PT, OT, and Speech Therapy. This position should effectively communicate with the business office regarding RUG levels and changes in insurance qualifications.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Respiratory Therapist IV actively participates in the delivery of Pulmonary Medicine and Neonatal Intensive Care Services.
Registered Nurse - Emergency ServicesNorthridge Hospital Medical Center The EMERGENCY SERVICES unit at Northridge Hospital Medical Center is actively seeking individuals who demonstrate patient care excellence. We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for the EMERGENCY SERVICES unit to coordinate, supervise and implement patient care based on competence, professional expertise, knowledge and evidence-based practice. The Registered Nurse is expected to practice autonomously, consistent with professional standards, Nurse Practice Act and hospital job description specific to the unit. This position is critical to the success of Northridge Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission and organizational values of the Dignity Health system. In addition, Dignity Health has made the conscious decision to implement solutions that will improve patient care outcomes and nursing competencies. As a result, all RN candidates considered for this position will be required to take a series of assessments during our application and interviewing process that include a basic math assessment and a thorough behavioral-based questionnaire in addition to providing up to three professional references and a copy of your most recent performance evaluation.
Job Summary: The Internal Client Services Representative is responsible for working with the Director of Sales and Marketing for Lab and Pathology Services as well as laboratory leadership to meet external client needs. The internal clients services role
actively seeks out opportunities and implement strategies to improve service line delivery and physician satisfaction
through addressing client needs within the laboratory.
The Internal Client Services Representative is responsible for working with the Director of Sales and Marketing for Lab and Pathology Services as well as laboratory leadership to meet external client needs. The internal clients services role actively seeks out opportunities and implement strategies to improve service line delivery and physician satisfaction through addressing client needs within the laboratory.
Two years minimum experience in a clinical laboratory client service or sales role.
Two or more years working in a contact center/call center environment preferred.
Experience in the healthcare industry, in a customer-facing role, such as a physician's office or hospital highly desired.
General knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
Experience with Customer Relationship Management Systems and/or Laboratory Information Systems.
Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent ability to listen and respond. Strong flexibility and the ability to manage and adapt to changing priorities quickly.
California driver's license and proof of automobile liability required.
High School Diploma. Bachelor's degree desired but not required.
The Outpatient Rehabilitation Department is a hospital-based service that provides interdisciplinary treatment to patients 15 years and older. Treatment populations include Orthopedics, Cardiopulmonary conditions (including Lung Transplantation), Stroke, Brain Injury, Brain Tumor, Post-Concussion and mild TBI, and other neurological conditions. This clinic has three CARF-Accredited Programs and focuses on patient-family centered care, specializing in Adolescent neurological programming, adult-neurological programming, and spinal cord injury specific programming.
Join us NOW as an Arizona Licensed Physical Therapist for a high-volume hospital-based outpatient clinic to perform evaluations and treatment interventions for patients with orthopedic/musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, and neurological conditions. Our goals are to achieve stellar clinical outcomes and exemplary customer service while providing the most responsible use of patient resources in a clinical environment that focuses on compliance.
Join us NOW as our OUTPATIENT REHAB DEPARTMENT has an opportunity for a Licensed Speech Pathologist - Specialty to join our team! Diagnoses and implements treatment plans for habilitation/rehabilitation of communication, cognitive and swallowing disorders. Provides complex patient treatment, facilitates community outreach, educational development and team participation in pediatric craniofacial specialty care. Provides counseling and education to patients, family and staff. Participates as an interdisciplinary team member. Documents evaluation reports, daily/weekly summary and discharge reports. Balances billable and non-billable hours to achieve productivity requirements. Participates in program development. Leads patient care program development while also delivering patient services. Assists in development and review of policies and procedures. Leads and mentors staff development.
Provides desktop hardware support for the user community. Works on multiple functional systems that tend to be of moderate to high complexity. Responsible for desktop hardware support to the user community for functional area(s) and ensure reliability of the devices.
- Provides desktop hardware support for the user community.
- Works on multiple functional systems that tend to be of moderate to high complexity.
- Performs troubleshooting for moderate to high complex hardware, software and system problems.
- Acts as subject matter expert for at least one device type.
- May be assigned to one or more projects as a project team member.
- Responds to incidents, performs diagnosis, executes incident resolution for those requiring medium to high complexity.
- Utilizes previous experience to reach resolution and will contribute to knowledge management system(s). Escalates issues when necessary.
- Responds to customer requests received via the Service Management application.
- Fulfills requests of moderate to high complexity.
- Interacts with the customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists in the maintenance of and enters appropriate data into the device asset management system and the knowledge management systems to capture knowledge and work processes.
- Responds to assigned issues and troubleshoots problems with desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile carts, printers and peripherals, including deployment of new devices.
- Identifies potential issues that could adversely impact end-user experience and takes corrective action.
- Participates in low complexity local and enterprise projects. Participates in on-call rotation and provides on-call support.
- Performs proactive maintenance on devices. Participates in the “smart hands” program to assist other IT functional areas when needed.
- General knowledge of Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) and always works within those metrics.
- Day to day interactions with user community and works collaboratively with Business and IT Stakeholders as it relates to Incident Management, Request Fulfillment and Problem Management.
- Understanding and adherence to policies and procedures. Contributes to new or modified policies.
- Provides guidance, training and problem solving assistance to other team members. ~dice~
Help desk helpdesk IT service desk tech support technician support specialist computer field technician it specialist technical support
The incumbent provides support for the application development or implementation of low to medium complexity and cross functional program or projects and/or provides application support for the user community with high complexity. The incumbent performs troubleshooting for high complex hardware, software and system problems for multiple modules or applications. Acts as subject matter expert in one or more areas. Works on one or more projects as a project team member.
- Responsible for working with customers in the design, support and maintenance and deployment of applications as well as the information support processes
- Diagnose and resolve complex problem management and provide guidance to other team members. Maintains knowledge management database for problem reporting and resolution. Escalates issues when necessary
- Responds to customer requests of high complexity that typically require change or release management functions to be executed. Interacts with the customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Develops and maintains a knowledge management system to capture knowledge and work processes
- Participates in the deployment of new modules, upgrades, fixes and new installations. Participates in design, build and implementation and for low to moderate complex changes executes transition to operations
- Develops test plans for new application functionality from application/technical support perspective. Collaborates with the business solutions, Quality Assurance Center and clinical community for functional testing
- May assist in the development of service level agreements (SLAs). Monitors deviations and escalates issues to more senior team members
- Develops overall project task list for application system analysis, estimates and resource plans for small to medium scale projects
- Day to day interactions with user community and works collaboratively with multiple clinical and IT Stakeholders as it relates to Problem Management, and Project delivery on small to medium size projects
- Understanding and adherence to policies and procedures. Develops new or modifies existing
- Demonstrates potential leadership qualities through team motivation, coaching, and mentoring
Designs, develops, configures, and implements solutions to resolve low to medium technical and business issues related to related to information security, identity management, user access authentication, authorization, user provisioning, and /or role-based access control. Designs, develops, and implements solutions to successfully integrate new information security and identity management systems with the existing architecture. Provides end-user support and works on multiple functions of low to medium complexity. Identifies and recommends functional, technicalogical and/or control solutions. May work on one or more projects as part of a Security or Security Risk Management team.
- Detects and identifies vulnerabilities in systems, including but not limited to databases, applications, network elements and devices, and data storage.
- Develop custom scripts, programs, and application interfaces to enhance existing monitoring infrastructure as part of project team efforts.
- Pursue continuing education to maintain advanced knowledge of best practices, compliance requirements, and threats and trends in identity management and information security, translating into operational action items, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as part of the IT Security team.
- Lead root-cause analysis efforts to determine improvement opportunities when failures occur. Contribute as lead and SME on incident research and resolution when appropriate, mentoring incident team members.
- Assist in Continual Service Improvement efforts by identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Manage workload, prioritizing tasks and documenting time, and other duties as directed by management.
- Participates in training, for Analysts and Technicians in the IT Security organization.
- Assists management in the definition of cross-platform information security and/or identity management policies and procedures, standard operating procedures, processes and guidelines.
- Participate in the collection and documentation of departmental knowledge artifacts. Participate in the development, and population, of knowledge management and collaboration systems for the IT Security team.
- Communicates technical information to team members.
- Provides identity management advice and support for network systems and applications.
- Act as a security advocate for IT operations team’s adherence to Dignity Health policies and industry best practices.
About This Position
Evaluates patients; participates in the treatment program planning; administers occupational therapy modalities, procedures and tests; documents accurate patient records and progress notes; maintains appropriate oral or written contact with the referring physician, subordinates co workers, and the public. Ensures a clean and safe work environment by being alert for unsafe conditions and malfunctioning equipment and using appropriate procedures for their correction; supervises aides and assistants in their participation in the overall treatment program. Assists Occupational Therapy Supervisor with Q.I. as required. Performs other related duties such as: Participates in all departmental functions and activities as required, including inservice education, clerical and other tasks relevant to effective department function as necessary.
About This Position
In keeping with the philosophy, performs such typical distinguishing duties as: Receives patients and visitors, ascertains their needs and directs them accordingly; answers incoming calls and determines their proper disposition; maintains statistics; processes patient charges; prepares and reorganizes patient charts at the beginning and termination of treatment; assists with setting up appointments; types correspondence; maintains adequate supplies of agency forms and office supplies; and performs all other clerical functions relevant to effective agency function as necessary.
Registration of new patients for all Rehabilitation departments while correctly identifying the patient's particular payor type. Assists in the training of relief personnel. Sends bills on a regular basis, (bi-weekly) maintains petty cash drawer. Ensures a clean and safe work environment by being alert for unsafe conditions and malfunctioning equipment and using appropriate procedures for their correction. Performs other related duties such as: Participates in all departmental functions and activities as required, including inservice education, and other tasks relevant to effective department function as necessary.
Performs medical records specific duties as described below. Primary responsibility is for ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding of inpatient and outpatient records.
Performs medical records specific duties as described below. Primary responsibility is for ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding of inpatient and outpatient records. Works as a team member to ensure timely completion on coding and finalization of cases to reach weekly and monthly accounts receivable goals. Works with physicians in order to ensure coding and DRG accuracy. Maintains coding skills, coding changes, and continuing education. Ensures coding and abstracting practices are in keeping with regulatory requirements. Serves as resources for coders in the department and other departments, billing office, and physician's offices. Validates admission orders against patient type.