In keeping with the Pacific Central Coast Health Centers philosophy, the physician ensures quality patient care services and guides and coordinates systems, functions and activities of the clinic.
- Established Hematology/Oncology group practice of 4 physicians / 3 APP’s with a strong existing referral base and on-site infusion suite and infusion pharmacist / staff
- Collaborative relationships with community-based specialists including: Radiation Therapy, General Surgery, Radiology, Pathology, GYN Oncology
- Onsite Nurse Navigator and Social Worker, affiliated with the Hearst Cancer Resource Center at French Hospital Medical Center
- Multidisciplinary Cancer Committee with weekly tumor boards
- Clinical trials affiliated with UCLA, Stanford and Cooperative Groups
- Hospital privileges at top ranked French Hospital Medical Center & Marian Regional Medical Center
About This Position:
In keeping with the Pacific Central Coast Health Centers philosophy, the physician ensures quality patient care services and guides and coordinates systems, functions and activities of the clinic. CA Licensed Physician ? Clear, concise, and accurate verbal and written communication skills.
- CA Licensed Physcian
What You’ll be Responsible For in this Role – Your Contribution & Career Journey
Arizona Care Network (ACN) is a clinically integrated physician network and is a Dignity Health and Abrazo Health (Tenet) physician collaboration.
The Population Health Analyst supports ACN’s population health initiatives by analyzing and compiling data from multiple systems and presenting the analysis in a meaningful format. The analysis will cover many areas of health care data including clinical, quality and financial. The Population Health Analyst has an understanding of population health analytics, and an understanding of clinical and claims based data systems and measures. This position will use ACN’s claim data warehouse, population health tools, electronic health record, and other reporting systems to provide clinical and claims related reporting and analytics. The Population Health Analyst will provide support for data integrity and data validation in the production of data that drives operations, financial and quality queries.
What We’re Looking For
- Population Health Analyst has an understanding of population health analytics, and an understanding of clinical and claims based data systems and measures.
- This position will use ACN’s claim data warehouse, population health tools, electronic health record, and other reporting systems to provide clinical and claims related reporting and analytics.
- The Population Health Analyst will provide support for data integrity and data validation in the production of data that drives operations, financial and quality queries.
- Performs analysis and interpretation of data to demonstrate clinical and financial outcomes, within specified timeframes and frequencies.
- Analyzes and reconciles claims data for bundled payments, shared savings, and other payment innovation initiatives. Track success metrics and various reporting needs for participating facilities and as guided by relevant entities.
- From claims and other data provided by vendors and from payers prepares analysis of cost data to report financial performance of contracts.
- Develops trend analysis reports that monitor key performance indicators and compares them to internal and external benchmarks and uses this data to assist leadership in decision-making, planning and implementing performance improvement strategies.
- Works with cross-functional team to identify research, gather and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources in order to compare, contrast and synthesize information.
- Assists with identifying statistically significant patterns and trends.
- Prepares and presents reports and recommendations for the leadership team.
- Assist ACN management with additional duties related to electronic health records, data support and analysis, and HIPAA security requirements not otherwise covered in the job description.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting to Post-Acute Care Operations Manager, this position leads on-site management of risk-based initiatives (i.e. Bundle Payment) and post-acute care (PAC) strategies in the management of patient transitions of care throughout the care continuum. This position is aligned closely with the Strategy and Population Health departments. The position oversees a mix of clinical, operational, and business activities related to PAC partnerships, working closely with post-acute providers as well as those we partner with to facilitate care for our patients in the post-acute setting. This position also communicates with Physicians, Nursing, Care Coordination, Community Health staff to ensure a seamless transition of care for our patients.
From a business prospective, this role is responsible for the overall performance of risk-based initiatives including Episode Payment Models including Mandatory Bundles and BPCI. This position requires full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health and the specific Market/s it supports. This employee shall support overall strategic plans, goals, and direction of the quality improvement /process improvement activities. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behaviors and attitude consistent with Dignity Health core values and humankindness philosophies.
Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
This position reports to the Post-Acute Care Operations Manager
- Manages and works closely with PAC partners in the management of identified patient populations. Oversees a mix of clinical, operational, and business activities related to that partnership
- Establishes an operational plan for service based upon mission and strategies of the PAC Program initiatives
- Develops; revises; reviews as needed all policies and procedures for program initiatives including BPCI, Mandatory Bundles, and other Episode Payment Models (EPM) ensuring regulatory compliance
- Identifies and implements specific program goals including high priority case management redesign efforts required to improve performance in the following areas: Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) utilization; SNF Length of stay (LOS); and readmissions reduction
- Develop written reports and makes oral presentations of analytic results including articulation of objectives, roles, and initiative outcomes
- Compile and formats information from appropriate sources for the development of service area and hospital performance and quality improvement processes including the development and management of the preferred provider network, strategy operation plans, etc. to achieve operational and program goals
- Works closely with and in partnership with PAC Providers, navihealth Care Coordinators, Case Managers, Case Management associates, and other clinical staff who are focused on PAC program in order to ensure that patients care transitions from acute care to post-acute care are seamless
- Coordinates and oversees multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Designs and coordinates formal and informal PAC program training sessions
- Assesses, reports, and communicates program status on a periodic basis to all program stakeholders
- Coordinates and oversees multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Organizes environment of care plan to ensure safe, infection-free, and efficient care for patients, visitors, and employees
- Develops and uses a system to continuously evaluate and address internal and external customer concerns/ grievances
- A passion for improving healthcare; demonstrating the ability to lead and manage complex projects that are strategic in nature and scope
- experience/knowledge of moving patients from acute to post-acute settings; current clinical knowledge and experience, particularly with the senior population
- the ability to collaborate and motivate other healthcare providers; strong/effective problem solving skills
- experience with performance measurement, outcome analysis, monitoring tools
- computer skills
- excellent oral and written skills
- excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to complete projects timely and within budget
- pro-active/effective team leadership skills.
Join us now as our Center for Transit NeuroRehab is seeking a Post Doc Fellow I. Conducts neuroscience research in the disciplines of Molecular Biology, Neurochemistry, Motor Systems, Trauma, Neurosurgery or Neuropathology under the direction and in collaboration with a faculty. Located in Phoenix, AZ, this position is critical to the success of St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health.
Postdoctoral Position in Parkinson’s Disease Symptomology
Job Summary: This postdoctoral fellow position will coordinate several projects aimed at investigating the cause of non-motor symptoms in Parkinson’s disease. This includes studies evaluating the gut-brain axis in neurodegenerative disease, the role of alpha-synuclein in symptomology, and the role of non-dopamine circuits. As part of the project, a strong emphasis will be placed on the design and evaluation of novel viral vectors. These vectors will be utilized to study disease proteins and circuits in various preclinical models of disease. The fellow will participate in the day to day operations of the research lab; duties will include collaborative experimental design, conducting experimental laboratory work, analyzing and writing up results for publication in peer-reviewed journals. In addition, some supervisory responsibilities will be provided, as well as opportunities to learn about current laboratory operations, including preclinical model survival surgery, behavioral testing, experimental subject euthanasia, post-mortem analyses of tissue sample preparation; tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry, etc.
Postdoctoral Position in Neuroimmunology
Job Summary: This postdoctoral fellow position will coordinate a project aimed at investigating the gut-brain axis in neurodegenerative disease, and the overall role of neuroinflammation in parkinsonian neurodegeneration. As part of the project, a strong emphasis will be placed on the design and evaluation of novel viral vectors. These vectors will be utilized to better understand the role of the protein alpha-synuclein in enteric and central nervous system dysfunction, particularly as it relates to Parkinson’s disease. The fellow will participate in the day to day operations of the research lab; duties will include collaborative experimental design, conducting experimental laboratory work, analyzing and writing up results for publication in peer-reviewed journals. In addition, some supervisory responsibilities will be provided, as well as opportunities to learn about current laboratory operations, including preclinical model survival surgery, behavioral testing, experimental subject euthanasia, post-mortem analyses of tissue sample preparation; tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry, etc.
Join us now as we are seeking a Post Doctoral Fellow to join our RESEARCH DEPARTMENT! Conducts research in disciplines of study in Molecular Biology, Neurochemistry, Motor Systems, Trauma, Neurosurgery, Neurodegeneration or Neuropathology under the direction and in collaboration with a faculty members.
Located in Phoenix, AZ, this position is critical to the success of St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health.
Job Summary: The Manfredsson laboratory focuses on gene therapy of the nervous system. This postdoctoral fellow position will coordinate several projects aimed at 1) Utilizing next-generation sequencing and bioinformatics in combination with molecular biology to generate novel viral vectors (AAV) for the use in neurological disease. 2) Utilize AI and data mining to evaluate and validate novel therapeutic targets in neurodegenerative disease. Moreover, the fellow is expected to assist other members of the laboratory as needed. The ideal fellow will be self-sufficient in data processing and analysis, but with an ability to communicate with neurobiologists. Focus will be placed on training the fellow to become self-sufficient in molecular biology aspects of projects.
The fellow will participate in the day to day operations of the research lab; duties will include collaborative experimental design, conducting experimental laboratory work, analyzing and writing up results for publication in peer-reviewed journals. In addition, some supervisory responsibilities will be provided, as well as opportunities to learn about current laboratory operations, including animal survival surgery, animal behavioral testing, experimental subject euthanasia, post-mortem analyses of tissue sample preparation; tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry, etc.
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Molecular PET and MR Imaging of Glioma
A postdoctoral position is available at Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) working with Dr. Chad Quarles and the Translational Bioimaging Group. The position will primarily focus on the use of amino acid PET and multi-parametric MR imaging for improved tumor margin delineation. The project will be supported by new NIH, state and foundation awards and include both clinical and preclinical imaging.
Outstanding instrumental resources, including multiple clinical MRI and PET/CT systems, 7T preclinical MRI, microCT, microPET and optical imaging scanners are available at the BNI. In addition, collaborators within the BNI and Phoenix valley possess exceptional expertise in neurology, neurosurgery, neurooncology, pathology, molecular and genomic characterization, and patient derived xenograft models of brain tumors.
Engages in laboratory, translational, or clinical research under the direction and guidance of a faculty member, developing skills necessary for success as an independent investigator. Laboratory or clinical research at the post-baccalaureate level with an interest in a faculty member's line of study required. Beyond minimum required, experience writing research reports concerning own work and familiarity with a biomedical discipline preferred. Ph.D., post-baccalaureate M.D. or D.Sc. degree or equivalent in a relevant field of endeavor required. Doctoral degree in a relevant field of endeavor preferred. Technical and/or conceptual expertise in a relevant field preferred. Familiar with basic computer, mathematical, scientific, reasoning, and oral and written communication skills as appropriate required.
A postdoctoral position is available for a highly motivated, creative, and enthusiastic scientist .
This position is fully funded (2 years) including salary and generous project funding.
Our lab seeks to understand brain control of metabolic variables, including body fat mass and blood sugar (i.e. energy and glucose homeostasis, respectively), and how this control is defective in metabolic diseases including obesity and diabetes. In the context of these fundamental questions, we focus on development and plasticity of key cell types and circuits in the hypothalamus.
The postdoc will be expected to build and execute an exciting, independent project within the lab’s research program, where we currently have several compelling areas to pursue. The postdoc must be able to critically think, design, and perform experiments and interpret data independently. Mentorship will be provided for writing papers, submitting grant applications, presenting data at conferences, and preparing for a future career in academic or nonacademic settings.
We encourage recent Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) graduates with a strong background in one or more of the following areas to apply: neurobiology, development, endocrinology, cell biology (tissue dissection and cell culture, immunostaining, microscopy), biochemistry (Westerns, ELISAs), molecular biology, RNA-seq, mouse models, stereotaxic surgery, optogenetics, and metabolic phenotyping. The candidate should have strong communication skills. Above all, we are looking for a candidate who enjoys science, is persistent, loves to be part of a team, and deeply cares about their job.
To apply, please include (1) a cover letter that describes your research background and interests, (2) your CV, and (3) a list of three referees.
J-1 research scholars will perform tasks that are consistent with Dignity’s J1 “Research Scholar” programs. The specificity of the tasks will be determined by Dignity Health. Under the J-1 program, a research scholar may stay in the U.S. for up to five years. However, Dignity has complete discretion of determining the exact length of any J-1 research scholar’s stay in the U.S., including the initial period of stay and whether there will be any subsequent extension. The J1 scholar will engage in laboratory, translational, or clinical research under the direction and guidance of a faculty member, developing skills necessary for success as an independent investigator.
This postdoctoral fellow position will coordinate a project aimed at developing next generation viral vectors based on AAV. Thesevectors will be utilized to better understand the role of the protein alpha-synuclein in enteric and central
nervous system dysfunction, particularly as it relates to Parkinson’s disease. This project will involve the generation of high diversity viral libraries, RNAseq, and bioinformatics to isolate and characterize novel vectors. The fellow will
participate in the day to day operations of the research lab; duties will include collaborative experimental design, conducting experimental laboratory work, analyzing and writing up results for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
In addition, some supervisory responsibilities will be provided, as well as opportunities to learn about current laboratory operations, including pre-clinical model survival surgery, behavioral testing, experimental subject euthanasia,
post-mortem analyses of tissue sample preparation; tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry, etc.
Under the direction of the Rehabilitation Director, the PPS (Prospective Payment System)/Intake Coordinator is responsible for the screening of potential patients and the facilitation and coordination of appropriate and timely admissions to the Acute Rehabilitation Unit. In addition, the PPS/Intake Coordinator is responsible for marketing to outside organizations that could refer patients to the programs, and educating discharge planners in the community about the Acute Rehabilitation Program and the services provided, as well as the criteria for admission. The PPS/Intake Coordinator coordinates the overall PPS and outcomes data and assumes responsibility for data collection, completion and transmission of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) in accordance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Specifically, the PPS/Intake Coordinator oversees all aspects of data collection on the IRF-PAI, ensures the presence of supporting documentation, and provides staff education to ensure compliance with internal policy and external regulatory requirements, including applicable Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) standards, CMS guidelines. In addition, the PPS/Intake Coordinator develops and interprets policies and procedures and acts as the primary resource for immediate problem solving in regards to FIM scoring. This position requires a positive working relationship with interdisciplinary teams.
- Two years clinical experience in nursing or rehabilitation
- Experience in IRF PAI coordination (preferred)
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech-Language Pathology Program
Required Special Skills:
- Must have leadership ability and good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function within an interdisciplinary environment
- Ability to read and speak English clearly and be understood
- Microsoft and Excel proficient
- Current and valid California Registered Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Speech Language Pathology license (RN, LIC PT, LIC OT, LIC SLP)
- Current BLS Certification (CT CPRBLS)
About this Position
In keeping with the Marian Medical philosophy, the Pre-Admission Planning nurse provides Case Management, and an individual pre-admission plan for hospitalization, prior to admission for patients scheduled for elective surgery or procedures.
Three (3) to Five (5) years recent clinical experience preferred. Utilization Review, or Case Management experience desirable, not required. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal Ability to perform a patient assessment, and provide pre-operative teaching. Knowledge of pre authorization requirements of the various insurance plans, HMO's, PPO's and Medi-Cal. Ability to maintain effective working relations with hospital departments, medical staffs, physician's office staff, and co-workers Ability to be self directed, team oriented Knowledge of the utilization management process from pre-admitting to post discharge. Current California RN.
Dignity Health is looking for nurses who are committed to providing optimal patient care. To support this initiative, we’ve improved our process for identifying the best candidates for Dignity. In order to be considered for a nursing position at Dignity, you will be asked to complete online, a basic math test and a behavioral assessment to determine who is most likely to be successful at Dignity Health.
Dignity Health is looking for nurses who are committed to providing optimal patient care. To support this initiative, we’ve improved our process for identifying the best candidates for Dignity Health. In order to be considered for a nursing position, you will be asked to complete online, a basic math test and a behavioral assessment to determine who is most likely to be successful at Dignity Health.
In addition, we ask that you provide up to three professional references and a copy of your most recent performance evaluation. This helps us to gain additional insights on how you would fit into Dignity Health's culture. After completing your application, please be sure to check your email and/or log into your profile for a status update
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Optimizes Quality, Safety, and the Patient Experience in Partnership with Physicians
- Takes a lead role in collaboratively setting and achieving annual quality targets for the facility that support system-wide targets and metrics.
- Champions patient experience initiatives ensuring the delivery system works as a team in delivering excellent care.
- Leverages quality oversight mechanisms, such as use of data and rounding, to ensure patients receive the highest quality care. Effectively integrates local health delivery system, facility and community wellness metrics.
- Engages employed and partner physicians in continuously improving quality and achieving standardization.
- Conducts quarterly reviews of the extent to which the facility (facilities) is meeting system-wide quality and patient care standards and initiates continuous improvement in partnership with administrative and clinical staff.
- Optimizes Clinical Operations and Delivers Value to the Community
- Serves as a key integrator in how the continuum of care effectively provides high quality care for patients leveraging the best value point and level of care.
- Focuses on wellness management to reduce costs downstream in the continuum of care.
- Plays a key role in physician practice management. Engages physicians in continuum of care.
- Serves as a leader in forwarding the goals of Saint Joseph Health in the community.
- Builds relationships and partnerships with government, healthcare and both for- and not- for- profit organizations that support the delivery of healthcare in the community.
- Advocates for partnerships and programs that grow the business to deliver value in new ways.
- Participates in key boards and coalitions and builds relationships with major employers in the community.
- Builds strong relationships with physician organizations particularly in support of seamless delivery of a continuum of care.
- Talent Management
- Attracts and retains high quality clinical- and non- clinical key staff who will contribute to the sustained success of the facility (facilities).
- Engages the Executive team in maintaining a positive work environment for employees, including competitive wages and benefits and the consistent application of personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains open, honest, and timely communications to the facility’s (facilities’) many and varied public stakeholders including the community, employees, medical staff, Board of Directors, and Saint Joseph Health.
- Encourages the professional growth and development of the management team, including physician leader.
- Governance (if applicable)
- Communicates and collaborates with board members and organization officials to ensure efficient facility functioning. Develops board in accordance with their role and commitments, including evolution to new structures and accountabilities.
- Informs board of major activities, current issues, and/or problems that impact the success of the facility.
- Coordinates and participates in the selection of new Board members to ensure that the facility’s governing board encompasses the broad range of expertise it requires.
- Assists the Board chair with development of board meeting agendas and participates in (leading, when necessary) these board meetings.
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Coordinates the development and implementation of an annual facility (facilities) budget that supports the overall strategic plans and aligns to expectations of Saint Joseph Health.
- Serves a lead role in fundraising for the local health system.
- Understands and leads effective facilities improvement and capital projects.
- Educates and engages others in using a variety of data to enhance the financial performance of the system.
- Monitors all financial operations to ensure the facility (facilities) utilizes its resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
COME JOIN US as we seek an EDUCATION SPECIALIST for our EDUCATION DEPARTMENT. This candidate will provide support and consult on quality education based on learning needs to the employees of Dignity Health Arizona East Valley Hospitals and Urgent Care Centers. Collaborates with management under the direct supervision of the Manager or Director of Education Administration on all phases of employee development.
The EDUCATION ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT at Chandler Regional Medical Center supports the organization's strategic plan and quality goals by providing orientation that is focused on performance-based competencies and evidence-based educational activities to promote employee competence and effectiveness.
The Department is located in the Morrison Building on the CRMC Campus. The Department is combined with the Mercy Gilbert Medical Center education team. Together, the department consists of a Director, a Manager, 12 Education Specialists, a SIM Lab Manager and New Grad Program Manager. The Arizona Learning Management System Administrators provide support for the LMS.
SUMMARY - The Program coordinator is a member of service line team (Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, DBS, ALS/MDA) responsible for the coordination of care from initial clinic appointment, testing, admission, surgery, to discharge and postsurgical care. The Program Coordinator serves as a resource to staff, the inter-disciplinary team and community caring for the patients within specific area. Demonstrates knowledge in the care of patients with specific diagnosis.
Under the direction of the Department Director, provides leadership and supervision of designated Community Programs in accordance with professional standards and Dignity Dominican Hospital Policies and Procedures.
Program Coordinator – Trauma AdministrationDignity Health / Northridge Hospital Medical Center The PROGRAM COORDINATOR is under general supervision and is responsible for coordinating the care of the trauma designated patient at Northridge Hospital Medical Center. The PROGRAM COORDINATOR is assuring optimal care throughout their hospitalization, communicating the plan of care with patients and families, and facilitates discharge planning. All employees are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision, mission and values of the Dignity Health organization. The Program Coordinator is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost-effective manner possible with respect and dignity. Requirements: Graduate of an accredited California Nursing School/Program required. Registered Nurse with current California License required. BSN required. At least three (3) years experience as a Registered Nurse caring for trauma patients in the Emergency Department or intensive care unit setting. Adult experience required; pediatric experience preferred. Above average interpersonal, communication, negotiation and organizational skills. Must have fluent English language skills (verbal and written). Must be committed to quality patient/customer service. AHA BLS and ACLS req'd, and PALS, TNCC or ATCN training / certifications, LA City Fire Card (required within 90 day of hire). Microsoft Office applications.
PROGRAM MANAGER – EDUCATION SERVICESDignity Health Northridge Hospital Medical Center Under the direction of the Director of Education and Professional Practice and the Clinical Unit Director, the Program Manager provides clinical, educational, and performance improvement leadership for personnel involved in the care of patients for assigned area(s). Utilizing a wide range of problem solving skills, functions as a leader, practitioner, educator, consultant, and researcher. All employees are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision and values of the organization. The Program Manager is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost-effective manner with respect and dignity. Requirements: BSN required; MSN required, or in progress. Five (5) years recent specialty experience required. Three (3) years progressive related clinical nursing leadership/educator experience preferred. AHA BLS, ACLS, required. Registered Nurse with current California License. National specialty certification required, or completed within 1 year of hire. Intermediate knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
Responsible for the oversight, management, implementation and accountability of clinical researchactivities for a robust Neurology research program at Barrow Neurological Institute. Coordinates project activities, working closely with regulatory and contracts staff and is accountable for assigned research cost center budget.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provides financial oversight and management of research requiring expertise in clinical trial billing practices, time and effort reporting and research compliance including CMS regulations associated with cost analysis for billable services and HIPAA obligations.
- Acts as the primary program manager/liaison and works closely with Barrow staff including physician leaders and various working groups and oversight committees. A strong working knowledge of GCP, DHHS, FDA and OIG regulations is required along with any and all applicable federal and state regulations and institutional policies.
- Utilizes clinical knowledge research experience and knowledge of government billing regulations as well as Dignity Health policies and procedures to evaluate the study and its level of appropriateness within Dignity Health
- Leads staff of research nurses, clinical research coordinators and research assistants.
- Coordinates the process flow of a study from initial Accountable Executive approval to IRB through the final sign off.
- Facilitates feasibility, IRB review and approvals between multi-sites based upon governing policies.