We seek an outstanding postdoctoral applicant with a PhD degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, molecular/cell biology, or closely related field. Applicants are expected to have an excellent track record of research publications and a strong interest for pre-clinical and clinical datasets and computational approaches for data analytics.
Our laboratory is focused on fibrosis and aging and investigates how changes in DNA and RNA modifications contribute to kidney and pulmonary fibrosis. We utilize single cell genomics technologies such as sci-RNA seq, sci-ATAC seq, next generation sequencing platforms and data analyses, pre-clinical surgery models and primary cell culture models relevant to chronic kidney and lung diseases with the goal of developing novel therapeutic strategies for precision medicine. Postdoctoral candidate will get a unique opportunity to be exposed to research techniques in the forefront of various fields.
• Doctoral degree in in computational biology, bioinformatics, molecular biology or closely related field is required.
• Experience working with Python, R and pipelines such as Seurat, Monocle and CellRanger is required. Custom pipeline and machine learning algorithm development for data analysis is preferred.
• Experience in Bash scripting/R scripting (Linux) and job submission to cluster computing servers using SLURM commands is preferred.
• Willingness to build machine learning models using experimental or public data sets is preferred.
The BAARC (Barrow Aneurysm and AVM Research Center) is looking for an international scholar to participate in projects on brain arteriovenous malformation (bAVM). The candidate should hold an MD or PhD degree by the end of 2020 and wants to pursue a career in neurosurgery program. A candidate should have sufficient knowledge in molecular biology, imaging, image analysis, histology and pre-clinical models including the genetics related to those models. A candidate having substantial research experience of more than 1 year would be desirable.
J-1 research scholars will perform tasks that are consistent with Dignity's J1 Research Scholar programs. The specificity of the tasks will be determined by Dignity Health. Under the J-1 program, a research scholar may stay in the U.S. for up to five years. However, Dignity has complete discretion of determining the exact length of any J-1 research scholar's stay in the U.S., including the initial period of stay and whether there will be any subsequent extension. The J1 scholar will engage in laboratory, translational, or clinical research under the direction and guidance of a faculty member, developing skills necessary for success as an independent investigator.
Dignity Health Mission and Values: The Hospital President is responsible for articulating the Dignity Health mission and strategic direction and for leading efforts to achieve compassionate, high quality, cost effective health care delivery by upholding the organization’s mission and values and by using them to guide decision-making. Position Summary: The position serves as the President, Saint Francis Memorial Hospiital and St. Mary's Medical Hospital located in San Francisco, California and reports to the Division Leader - Operations, Bay and North State Service Area.. The President ensures the execution of the hospital strategy, management, financial performance and oversight of all operational components of the hospital in accordance and in alignment with the Dignity Health strategy. Plans and implements new business strategies and manages relationships with physicians and external partners considering Healthcare Industry trends in a rapidly changing and highly regulated market. Principal Duties and Accountabilities: Duties may include:
- Directs and oversees a portfolio of healthcare assets and demonstrates a solid understanding of different service lines and delivery models within market. Plans and implements new businesses using different business models and strategic relationships with external partners and physicians. Understands attributes that create successful organizations i.e. legal, structural, economic, and employment models.
- Develops and executes strategy for each line of business/service within market area from the perspective of what makes it a viable enterprise and recognizes those elements that require modification and/or expertise to existing local processes and structure to ensure success.
- Facilitates and reinforces through business processes and performance measures an institutional mindset for clinical innovation as an on-going process to look at clinical practices in order to reduce unnecessary variations to improve clinical outcomes and reduce costs.
- Develops key service lines, leveraging clinical program tools and service line support/data, implementing outpatient strategy, and identifying market scale opportunities (e.g., recruiting, education) across assigned service areas.
Position Summary: Within Dignity Health Medical Foundation, Primary Care Centers utilize the RN team-based model of care. As such, the Primary Care RN is an integral part of the Dignity Health care team and performs patient care services that support the team-based care model. The Primary Care RN in this setting is expected to know his/her scope as defined by the California Business and Professional code and function at the top of his/her licensure. The Primary Care RN works in collaboration with physicians, staff, clinic management and other healthcare professionals. This position works within the context of a primary care medical home, from a team approach and in continuous partnership with physicians and patients to promote timely access to needed care and the enhancement of patient and family well-being. The Primary Care RN will use protocol-driven standing orders to perform comprehensive support to physicians consistent with their scope of practice performing at the top of their licensure. This may include evaluating lab data, providing instruction and education to patients, phone triage, and medication modifications. The Primary Care RN will support the PCMH concepts by providing coordination of care which may include facilitating diagnostic and laboratory testing, ensuring timely scheduling of follow-up appointments with providers, and providing disease management education. He/she will be instrumental in the continuing development and process improvement of clinical point of care - Program within primary care. The Primary Care RN will provide leadership and guidance to LVN’s, MA’s to ensure they are practicing at the top of their licensure/capacity within scope of practice. The Primary Care RN coordinates appropriate resources to facilitate and ensure the patient’s progress through the continuum of care. This position provides patient education, disease management and population health services, and support to the physicians as they manage their patients with chronic diseases. This position is responsible for coordinating a wide range of patient self-management support and disease registry activities. To improve the effectiveness of health care for our population, the Primary Care RN will work with the extended care team to ensure the patient experiences a smooth transition across the continuum of care. Collaborates with the Ambulatory Care management program (Dignity Health Medical Foundation Managed Care Department) to refer patients who require intensive care management service and ensures smooth transitions between the clinic care team and the complex care team.
The Valley Integrated Physician Network (VIPN) is a clinically integrated physician network sponsored by Dignity Health. The Program Manager Clinical Integration reports to the VIPN Executive Director and is an employee of Dignity Health Management Services Organization. The Program Manager Clinical Integration supports the Clinical Integration program through ongoing support of the operational aspects of VIPN. This position supports the Executive Director with the development and implementation of VIPN initiatives and programs, and will serve to assist in managing the daily operations of such programs including needs analysis and researching trends in Clinical Integration service delivery.
- Liaison with Executive Director, Board Chair, VIPN Committees, and payers/employers to identify operational needs within clinical integration for improved health and health related service.
- Under the direction of the VIPN Executive Director, provides leadership, motivation and direction across VIPN to ensure the network supports best practices for clinical integration.
- Interfaces/liaison with VIPN and payers for integration of programs in support of VIPN payer contracts.
- Works in conjunction with Physician Practice Liaisons and Quality Nurses to monitor documentation of population health clinical components and assists in quality rapid improvement cycles in practices.
- Interfaces with care coordination services including development and implementation of services and communication of clinical reports to support VIPN programs.
- Works in conjunction with care coordination to identify opportunities to improve outcomes and reduce cost through information in the patient claim and electronic health record data.
- Assists in the development and implementation of population health solutions that may include adoption of clinical guidelines in practices.
- Analyzes payer quality and utilization data for presentation to VIPN Directors and committees and practices to: Identify trends in care, Gaps in care, Assist in care coordination activities, Assist in Quality program development
- Ensures program implementation is supported by an appropriate evaluation cycle utilizing a mix of evaluation methods.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Join our Westgate Medical Center as we seek a Program Coordinator to join our team!
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the development, coordination, and maintenance of the care continuum. The Program Coordinator provides leadership for all aspects of the continuum of care beginning before surgery through one year post-op; including pre-admission testing, peri-op services, inpatient units, and all other applicable entities within the service line related to evidence-based practice. The Program Coordinator assists with the planning, development, and implementation of co-management goals and program operations. Coordinates and oversees the ongoing disease-specific certification process to continually improve care for patients
Located in Glendale, AZ, this position is critical to the success of St. Joseph's Westgate Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health.
Position Summary: Provides financial oversight and accounting requirements. Maintains all post-award financial management activities, ensuring approved clinical trial budgets are input correctly. Reviews and analyzes research financial reports and represents Research & Development at industry conferences, board meetings and other public forums. Champions Research & Development initiatives and funding. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provides financial compliance oversight and accounting requirements for applicable federal, NIH, State, and clinical grants.
- Maintains all post-award financial management activities and ensuring that approved clinical trial budgets are entered into the Dignity Health Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS).
- Reviews and analyzes research financial reports to ensure accuracy and integrity of information.
- Represents R&D function at industry conferences, board meetings, and other public forums; championing R&D initiatives and funding with executive management and internal clients.
The Renal Dialysis Program Coordinator is responsible to the Director of Critical Care in accordance with all of the Hospital Policies and Procedures. In addition, the Coordinator shall operate the acute Renal Dialysis program in compliance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations and in accordance with all applicable standards and recommendations of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). The Renal Dialysis Coordinator is responsible for activities under Job Duties. Applies CHW Core Values to the performance of every job duty. These Values include Dignity, Collaboration, Justice, Stewardship, and Excellence.
Must have 2 years acute renal dialysis experience and 1 year of ICU/CCU experience. California RN license. CPR
The Program Manager II Value Based Operations (VBO) oversees operational projects to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules, and budgets to drive and improve quality and financial performance that align with Dignity Health's mission, core values, and standards of conduct. This includes coordinating resources and efforts of team members,third-party contractors, consultants, and other external partners in order to deliver operational projects according to plan and further support Network operations for VBO. The Program Manager II will also ensure clear definition of the project requirements and objectives, ensuring that the projects defined deliverables meet the businesses requirements, and documentation of project activities, and contractual obligations, while supporting improved performance. In addition to being accountable to the GSSA VBO leadership, the Program Manager will directly interface with all internal and external matrix partners as appropriate to ensure operationalized efforts are optimal. The Program Manager with directly interface with external senior level clinical partners, vendor, health information organizations, and payors. The role requires knowledge of Value Based Agreements, and VBA networks. The role also requires leadership experience, communication skills, and team building capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of MS programs e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and VISIO
- Oversees complex operational projects, and the team working on those projects, in a multi-source, matrixed environment
- Ensures that the value based network projects deliver the specified outcomes within budget, on schedule and identifies/remediates any delays
- Ensure people are aligned, understand their responsibilities, and with effectiveness, allowing the program as one entity move towards our future
- Ensures all projects are operationalized in a method that allows for measurable outcomes and develops project and operational reporting with
- Implements appropriate management oversight processes to ensure the compliance with all Dignity Health processes and methods
- Select, on-board and orient the team that will be assigned to projects and clearly identify purpose and background for the project
- Defines and determine role of project management in each project, including specific roles and responsibilities for each project member
- Accountable for direct reports to project executive leadership
- Leads/supports cross-functional efforts to achieve targeted program and client account goals connected with clinical performance/quality metrics,
value-based agreements, financial risk-share arrangements and population health management
- Knowledge of philosophies, approaches, processes and practices for delivering healthcare services; ability to implement, design, assess and
improve healthcare service models and ensure they align with organizational goals
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Possess thorough understanding of business analysis techniques and tools
- Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis
- Identification with and support of the Mission and Values of Dignity Health and its Sponsors
- Strong leadership, presentation, communication (written/verbal) and information gathering and the ability to interact with various client groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with peers, administration and other internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to work within and manage an organization through significant organizational change
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to create, manage, and enhance customer and vendor relationships
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Healthcare Industry's trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge
appropriately to diverse situations
The Pre-Award Program Manager is responsible for the analysis, negotiation, and finalization of arrangements for research in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, this position is responsible to ensure quality research coverage analysis reviews are performed for all research proposals to identify items and services that are not billable to a third party payor and negotiate Sponsor payment for non-billable services.
The Pre-Award Program Manager oversees the workflow and assignment for all Research Contracts Specialist(s) and/or contracting agencies to ensure timely contract reviews, budget development and negotiation and execution of billing grids for post-award processing consistent with institutional goals. This position performs and oversees contract negotiation to secure favorable terms and conditions for all research transactions. This position works closely with Dignity Health legal counsel, serving as the primary point of contact for escalation of contract matters to counsel as needed and promotes terms and conditions to mitigate risk and support obligation management. This position implements and oversees research policies, procedures, and templates for the institution upon approval from Dignity Health Legal Department.
This position requires innovation and creative problem solving as well as effective verbal and written communication and a high level of innovative and interpersonal skills to interact with Sponsors, Investigators, colleagues, facility administrators and patient financial services. Using extensive knowledge of billing rules and regulations as well as federal, state and local laws related to research, this position serves as an expert in project feasibility reviews and risk mitigation working synergistically with Dignity Health Legal Department.
This position is responsible for the management of all research contract and budget negotiations with an understanding of institutional risk tolerance and research financial policies to engage leadership in business decisions key to the approval of research projects and management of the research portfolio.
The Research Revenue Integrity Manager offers subject-matter expertise within internal revenue cycle systems to ensure efficient and compliant research patient billing practices across the Service Area of responsibility. This position performs duties of high complexity, judgement, scope, and responsibility with a direct reporting structure to Research Administration and a matrix reporting relationship to the Service Area Revenue Integrity Director to ensure cross-functional integration of accountability across both departments.
The Research Revenue Integrity Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of functional area-based system applications, developing work teams, task delegation, development of policies and work instructions and transactional management of charge review procedures to ensure services are compliant with Federal, State, private payer and other applicable legal and regulatory requirements for research patients.
This position works within Research Administration with close collaboration with Revenue Integrity Leadership and key stakeholders to ensure alignment of the research patient billing process across the service area.
Additional responsibilities include the ability to build synergistic partnerships with internal/external teams, development and execution of an on-going training program and advanced technical knowledge with various software systems to identify gaps and work towards integration to improve process automation.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide coordination, leadership and vision to the implementation and maintenance of a high reliability culture, with focus on patient and caregiver safety. The position also provides support and leadership for change management initiatives related to process improvement and service excellence. The position reports to the SJHMC Assistant CNO and works closely with the Executive Leadership team.
This position reports to the CNEO. The Program Manager Clinical Operations collaborates with all clinical departments. Critical Care, Performance Excellence, Quality, Medical Staff and Strategic Planning in all related activities associated with process improvement, performance improvement, education which are intended to ensure that the patients, personnel & visitors will receive quality care while within the facility's environment and to ensure compliance with TJC Hospital Accreditation Standards, State and CMS regulations. The Program Manager Clinical Operations will at all times uphold the best interests of Mercy General Hospital and Dignity Health by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, committing to the values inherent in Dignity Health and Mercy General's Mission and Philosophy. The incumbent has the authority to [practice the profession of Registered Nursing according to the California Nurse Practice Act as is accountable to the CNEO. The Program Manager Clinical Operations will provide supervision and direction of patient care duties to other staff in the coordinated care practices for the clinical areas. This role provides functional supervision and direction to the clinical staff members on the implementation of standards of care and practice. This position may actively participate in the development and successful implementation of policies, procedures and protocols as they relate to process improvement, quality, and patient care standards/initiatives.
- Assist the Nurse Managers and Directors with ongoing assessment and development of programs, policies & procedures and forms to address the needs of patients, employees, volunteers, contract workers, independent contractors, physicians, registry workers and students in accordance with the guidelines established by the regulatory agencies
- Effectively manages Hospital wide Quality Action Teams (QAT) including the observation, implementation and maintenance of rapid cycle sustained quality outcomes
- Ensures that the Hospitals Operation's related to Evidence Based Patient Care Initiatives, Process/Performance Improvement, Quality, and Strategic Planning Programs complies with all hospital policies and delivers high-quality care to patients
- Leads clinical and operational process improvement plans, measures results and actively seeks methods to provide cost effective operational outcomes and clinical excellence
- Integrates physician practice into multidisciplinary team projects and gains physician participation and engagement concerning evidence-based quality practices and current regulatory requirements
- Assists the organization with changes in and /or implementation of new regional and corporate quality program indicators
- Assists in maintaining a system of record keeping which allows for the collection and interpretation of pertinent data for the various PI projects/initiatives. Utilizes facility based clinical and administrative databases to retrieve necessary information for analysis, presentation, and communication with healthcare workers. Validates the accuracy of data retrieved prior to submission of mandatory reported data to State and Federal agencies. Conducts data analysis, utilizing standardized analytical evaluation to which then drive performance improvement activities
nursing, nursing leader, nursing director, nursing manager, ANS, administrative nursing, house supervisor
The Project Manager leads internal teams/task forces on enterprise wide projects. Responsible for planning, executing and managing multiple and/or large projects according to pre-determined timelines and budgets; assigning the project teams; building project plans; reporting status to the client and internal teams; and ensuring quality control throughout the project life cycle.
- Create a comprehensive project plan which includes outlines the scope and project requirements, acknowledges critical milestones, and identifies resources, systems, and individuals needed to successfully execute the plan.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs, evaluate alternative business solutions, and make sound recommendations.
- Effectively facilitate team and client meetings in order to understand the full scope of the project, assign tasks appropriately and ensure the project is progressing according to the project plan.
- Use of of tools and methodologies that will best support the plan at each stage through completion.
- Delegate tasks and projects to appropriate team members and follow up to ensure timely completion.
- Provide feedback to team members; uses effective coaching and instruction to ensure individuals are participating and engaging in the project plan.
Job Summary / Purpose
This position will oversee the operational activities for Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) projects to include but not be limited to interfaces, middleware, point of care connections, and optimization of LIS functionality for maximum lab efficiencies and with a focus on standardization and reduction in variability. The position will work collaboratively with the other members of the System Lab Service Line. Individual will participate in System Laboratory Design Approval Groups (LDGA), facilitate ad hoc and ongoing Lab Council Task Forces as related to LIS functions and train and support the local LIS efforts.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for LIS support staff/analysts and Lab IT–related efforts.
- Work with local LIS support staff/analysts and lab leadership to forward interface connections and LIS optimization.
- Research instrument interface, middleware, and other lab applications to assure CSH-compliant software and make recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with System Lab Compliance to assure test builds/orders meet regulatory requirements.
- Act as liaison between Laboratory Services and IT, as needed.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
The Research Compliance Project Manager will be responsible for providing oversight and leadership necessary for the successful delivery of research administration compliance initiatives through development of policies and procedures, training and education, auditing and monitoring to help provide support and assure compliance with federal regulations, institutional and sponsoring agency requirements governing such research initiatives across the Dignity Health Arizona Service Area. The Project Manager works primarily with the Research Integrity & Compliance Officer, Conflict of Interest Officer, Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)/Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) staff and Regulatory Affairs Specialists to facilitate quality control initiatives, to identify opportunities for improvement of work practices and oversee implementation and operationalization of project plans.
We are in need of an Epic Project Manager to assist with the implementation and upgrades. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of workflows, implementation timelines, in depth PM philosophy and skills and Epic experience.
The Project Manager is accountable for the project objectives. They responsible for managing resource allocation, influencing sponsors and prioritizing work. The PM plays an active role in making decisions involving processes and structures to support enterprise wide change.
The PM must have the ability to manage business sponsor relationships and navigate the political landscape.
They are assigned to medium or large projects and, at times, be assigned to multiple projects.
Essential Functions: - Manages the project management delivery and is considered a subject matter expert in project management principles, techniques and best practices
- Directs and consults with project team members, leadership in the preparation of project documentation, deliverables, milestones, resources, schedules and budgets
- Requires leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
- Often leads Project team(s) comprised of more junior project managers, work stream leads, business solutions analysts, applications analysts, and developers.
- Adheres to Project Management Methodologies as defined within the IT Project Methodology guide.
- Does not have HR responsibilities
Our Protective Services Department has an opportunity for an ON-CALL PROTECTIVE SERVICES OFFICER to join our Team! Protects life and property of all persons on St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center (SJHMC) premises and patrols hospital buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft and vandalism. Responds to security needs of SJHMC personnel. Located in Phoenix, AZ, this position is critical to the success of St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health
Our Protective Services Department has an opportunity for an ON-CALL PROTECTIVE SERVICES OFFICER to join our Team! Protects life and property of all persons on St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center (SJHMC) premises and patrols hospital buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft and vandalism. Responds to security needs of SJHMC personnel. Located in Phoenix, AZ, this position is critical to the success of St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health.
Demonstrates competence in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills. Acts in accordance with the American Psychological Association’s Ethical Principles. In consultation with supervisor or designee, prepares and selects neuropsychological tests consistent with research protocols. Demonstrates ability to provide care/service safely and efficiently for the care of Adults (19-65 years) and Older Adults (65 years & over). Administers selected neuropsychological tests according to standardized instructions in published test manuals and modifies administration procedure in accordance with research participants with research participants’ physical and/or mental limitations making note of such variations in administration procedures. Scores (manually or by computer) neuropsychological test protocols according to standardized instructions published in test manuals. Records in writing observations of research participants’ behavior during testing, especially such behaviors that influence validity of test administration, scoring, and interpretation. Designs and maintains research database and completes data entry. Assists with statistical data analyses. Designs and prepares data summary sheets and response forms. Assists with recruiting human subjects for research studies and clinical trials. Interviews research participants or family members to obtain medical, social, educational, and occupational history. Assists with preparation of scientific manuscripts and presentations, IRB proposals, grants and investigator-initiated clinical trial applications. Assists with training of interns, fellows, other psychometrics’ and research assistants.