About This Position:
In keeping with the Marian Medical Center healthcare philosophy, the Certified Phlebotomy Technician Level II (Phlebotomist) is responsible for obtaining blood, urine, and culture specimens from patients ranging in age from newborn to geriatric, according to established procedures of Marian Medical Center Laboratory and State and Federal Regulations.
Performs clerical functions and routine repetitive specimen testing under direct supervision of a licensed technologist. Rotates shifts, holidays, and weekends as needed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management following written notice. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions exactly. Must demonstrate and promote teamwork. Must be able to work in a calm and conscientious manner under high volume and STAT conditions. Basic communication skills and the ability to be caring and personable with patients are mandatory. Knowledge of standard laboratory terminology is preferred. Rigid accuracy in the identification of patient names and numbers and the ability to perform phlebotomy successfully using established procedures on patients of all ages are essential qualifications.
- Must have a valid and current California Certified Phlebotomy Technician I certificate.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions exactly.
- Must demonstrate and promote teamwork.
- Must be able to work in a calm and conscientious manner under high volume and STAT conditions.
- Basic communication skills and the ability to be caring and personable with patients are mandatory.
- Knowledge of standard laboratory terminology is preferred.
- Rigid accuracy in the identification of patient names and numbers and the ability to perform phlebotomy successfully using established procedures on patients of all ages are essential qualifications
- Must complete required continuing education requirements to maintain State CPT I certification.
- High school and/or college chemistry, biology, or mathematics are highly desired.
In keeping with the Dignity Health Mission and Core Values, the Biomed Technician provides assistance to the medical and clinical staff in the safe operation and proper use of clinical equipment. The individual is responsible for the safety, performance and calibration of clinical and technical equipment involved in patient care. The individual demonstrates adherence to the hospital core values in all professional interactions and shows respect to all people, creating real value, initiating meaningful change, and exhibiting integrity.
This position is represented by SEIU-UHW and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement. KEY WORDS: Biomed, Technician, Hospital, Equipment
The Home Care Physical Therapist is responsible for providing physical therapy services to Home Care patients.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATIONS:
- A Physical Therapist license
- CPR-BLS -American Heart Association-
- Drivers License
- Auto Insurance
- Two years experience as a Physical Therapist.
- Community/home health experience is preferred.
Position Title:Supervisor of Clinic
Provides tactical leadership in order to maximize the effectiveness of all service delivery systems and financial performance, engages staff and cultivates a clinic culture that prioritizes humankindness and patient-centric care. Coordinates the day-to-day operational aspects of the clinic. Works closely with staff and providers to ensure that all fiduciary and clinic goals are met..
- Participates in work groups, teams, task forces and committees to support ongoing improvement in clinic operations. Provides value-added and productive input and expertise to drive continual improvement, support standardization and streamlining and to resolve ongoing patient care issues.
- Supports the established processes and systems to enhance customer service by providing coaching to staff and ensuring a safe environment for patients, staff, providers and visitors, and operates clinic in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements impacting areas of responsibilities.
- Assists in determining the workload priorities to enable timely completion of tasks while monitoring work performance and supporting with training and coaching as necessary.
- Assists in managing the revenue cycle and supports the management of supply costs, tracks inventory usage, using purchasing information management systems, including maintaining staffing levels that adhere to labor standards and effectively controlling staff premium pay.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques and procedures needed to establish and monitor budgets.
- Knowledge of an organization's billing requirements; the ability to utilize the proper tools and follow accounts receivable practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry's trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a healthcare center; ability to use this knowledge to ensure the healthcare center performance is efficient and effective.
Education and Experience:
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years experience in related field.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Licensure: None specified.
- Special Skills: Working knowledge of community clinic/health center operations.
- Training: None specified.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values and under direction of the Transportation Supervisor, the Transporter is responsible for transporting patients to various hospital locations, delivering patient charts, tests and so forth to appropriate locations, picks up and stores supplies, and assists in maintaining a variety of non-complex transportation related records including name of patient (or material) transported, arrival and departure times, problems encountered and so forth. This position is represented by SEIU, Local UHW and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement. keywords: transport, hospital, healthcare
Our Pharmacy Automation Tech provides technical support for pharmacy technology systems by performing maintenance on equipment, generating reports, setting up and configuring equipment, adjusting inventory, entering and deleting users, and completing other duties as needed.
JOIN US NOW as we are seeking a dynamic Registered Nurse (RN) who is compassionate about the health and well-being of our patients to assess patient/family health problems and resources, taking a leadership role in the development, implementation and outcomes evaluation of a plan for nursing care and to provide professional nursing care and interventions to acutely ill adult patient populations.
Responsible for providing clinical, clerical, and technical support under the direction/supervision of the Clinical Staff.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of procedures to properly measure and record patient vital signs.
- Ability to demonstrate respect for the feelings and needs of patients, family members, team members, visitors, and others and sensitivity to their cultural, language, financial, physical, and social differences.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, with the ability to ensure timelines are met, information is accurate and quality standards are maintained.
- Must be attentive to detail, accurate, thorough, and persistent in following through to completion of all activities while demonstrating initiative for identifying and resolving problems/conflicts in completing work assignments.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment and handle various situations in a professional manner, demonstrating excellent customer service with a specific interest in seniors and their special needs.
- Excellent communication skills; able to read, write, and speak articulately, using established channels of communication and reporting relationships within the organization. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal/external staff, management, members, physicians/physician office staff, families of members, vendors, etc.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner, demonstrating excellent customer service at all times and ability to adapt to change.
- Willingness to work as part of a team, working collaboratively with others to achieve goals, solve problems, and meet established clinic and organizational objectives.
- Ability to be reliable in attendance and timeliness to work schedules.
- Ability to operate a computer; knowledge of common software applications needed to perform job duties.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Excel, Word, and Outlook. Ability to learn other healthcare related systems.
- Ability to adhere to dress code, good grooming, and personal hygiene habits.
- Ability to use the following equipment items correctly and safely: desktop computer for data entry and typing, copy machine, scanner and facsimile machine, and of telephone equipment.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of and conform to company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Must be reliable in attendance and timeliness to work schedules.
- Must adhere to the dress code, good grooming, and personal hygiene habits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for meeting all of the DHMSO Job Standards described below.
- Prepares charts and other supporting materials for daily provider appointments by locating all recent labs, diagnostics, consult notes, and other material as clinically appropriate or as directed.
- Submits referrals as required, including faxing or electronically transferring provider directed medication orders or other requested documents to pharmacy, specialty offices, Home Health Agencies or other entities as requested by providers. Faxes or electronically transfers provider directed orders as required.
- Prepares laboratory and diagnostic requisitions and follows-up as directed.
- Inputs pertinent information into the chart as directed by providers (designated diagnosis, medication, allergies, demographic, pharmacy and insurance information)
- Scans documents to Electronic Medical Record (EMR) per protocol and assists providers to maintain patients’ EMR.
- Assists with delivery and administration of medications per provider direction. Performs specimen testing, EKGs, PFTs, Spirometry, PT/INR checks, H-pylori checks, blood glucose and other tests as directed. Applies simple dressings as directed. Assists practitioner with more complex dressings or other treatments and Procedures.
- Escorts/transports /accompanies patients to exam rooms and areas within the clinic for diagnostic testing. May assist with positioning patients and transferring patients to/from chair or wheelchair to exam table.
- Takes and records patient vital signs using a variety of equipment, and reports any abnormalities/unanticipated changes to Medical Director or mid-level practitioner.
- Prepares examinations rooms, which includes restocking of supplies, decontamination of surfaces, and assurance of proper equipment function to facilitate patient care.
- Schedules and confirms patient appointments as directed.
- Responds appropriately to phone calls from hospitals, other healthcare facilities, ancillary services, and internal care providers and takes appropriate action.
- Other duties as assigned, designated or requested by supervisor
DHMSO JOB STANDARDS
- Support the mission, vision and strategic goals of Dignity Health Management Services, and the Comprehensive Care Center.
- Attend and participate in required meetings and developmental (training) activities. Maintains all certifications or licensing required by the job.
- Adhere to all DHMSO policies and procedures as well as CCC policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times. Perform duties in a manner that ensures compliance with all current laws and regulations (HIPAA, etc.).
- Able to adapt to new concepts, ideas and changes in work processes and the work environment.
- Perform all work in a safe manner and within established safety guidelines.
- Must be able to perform all tasks in a professional and customer-service oriented manner.
- Must be able to concentrate and focus in a moderately noisy, fast-paced, work environment.
The incumbent demonstratescompetency in speech pathology for pediatric, adult, or geriatric patients asapplicable for the site/level of care of employment. The incumbent providespatient assessments, develops and implements individual patient treatment programs,provides therapeutic interventions utilizing current and effectivemethodologies, and maintains effective documentation.
Accurately processes medical authorizations according to company/department policies and procedures.
Position Summary:The incumbent is a professional who provides and supervises care to individuals and families. Utilizing a holistic approach, the registered nurse provides patient and family care based on the nursing process and consistently provides a safe and confidential environment throughout the delivery of care. As a professional, the Registered Nurse is responsible for providing leadership and maintaining personal professional development. Registered Nurses in this position are expected to be assigned shifts in any of the five Sacramento facilities including MSJ, MHF, Methodist, MGH and WHC. On-call may be required.
This position will support Clinical Integration in the Stockton Area for DHMSO. Primary office location will be in Stockton, CA.
The San Joaquin Quality Care Network (SJQCN) is a clinically integrated physician network sponsored by Dignity Health. The Quality Management Nurse provides direct local service area support to the Clinical Integration (CI) program. The QM Nurse reports to the SJQCN Executive Director and is an employee of Dignity Health Managed Services Organization.
The QM Nurse provides local support to the CI Program through continuous interaction and education with the participating physicians and mid-level providers, as well as hospital QM staff.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a key interface and liaison for the local participating physicians through collaboration with the Executive Director, physician practice liaison, and other key members of the NSQCN leadership team.
- Responsible for physician education and training on processes and workflow related to clinical initiatives undertaken as a part of the CI Program, including CPTII and HCPCS coding, documenting quality data in paper and electronic charts, and reporting via the dashboard. This requires travel to provide on-site training in physician offices.
- Working closely with Physician Practice Liaison to provide physician office staff education regarding support for physician in implementing clinical initiatives undertaken within the physician’s area of specialty.
- Collaborate with Physician Practice Liaison by developing proficiency in understanding quality data extracts and reporting.
- Collaborate with the Physician Practice Liaison in analysis, monitoring and interpretation of ambulatory clinical quality data, using dashboard reports.
- Provide one-on-one education on use of dashboard reports and other communications as appropriate to identify potential improvements and assist physicians in understanding methods and processes required to achieve measurable results.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and SJQCN Chief Medical Officer (CMO)/Medical Director in preparing analyses, as well as monitoring, interpreting, and educating on results of clinical (ambulatory and hospital) quality, cost and utilization data.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating physician compliance and performance with quality standards, as identified in weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and provide feedback to the Executive Director.
- Perform patient chart review to reconcile quality reporting results with chart documentation, using a sampling methodology approved by the Board of Managers.
- Provide Executive Director with support on performance improvement and development of remediation plans at the local service area level.
- Support marketing and communications with materials relating to disease management programs.
- Attend local quality management committee meetings, if requested by the Executive Director.
- Assists the Executive Director with other duties as assigned.
The Outpatient Imaging Center of St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center has an opportunity for a registered CT Technologist who can perform general and neuro CT imaging in all age groups. Using state-of-the-art multi-slice CT equipment, the CT technologist is responsible for producing quality diagnostic CT images and delivering excellent customer service. The successful candidate is a technically superior, experienced, self-starter with attention to detail and a commitment to providing excellent patient care. A critical thinker, the CT technologist works with minimal supervision and closely with radiologists to perform CT imaging studies and procedures that aid in the diagnosis of disease.
JOIN US NOW as we are seeking a CT TECHNOLOGIST II who is passionate about the health and well-being of our patients to perform CT scanning, recommend performance improvement activities and assist in equipment and procedure evaluations.
The Southern California Integrated Care Network (SCICN) is a clinically integrated physician network sponsored by Dignity Health with a Chapter in the greater San Bernardino area (Inland Empire) market. The Dignity Health Medical Group-Inland Empire (DHMG-IE) and Dignity Health Physician Network-Inland Empire (DHPN-IE) are affiliations of the Dignity Health Medical Foundation located in the same market. The Utilization Review LVN is an employee of Dignity Health Management Services Organization, a physician support organization owned by Dignity Health and supports SCICN-IE, DHMG-IE and DHPN, IE under the program developed by the Dignity Health Medical Foundation.
The utilization review LVN uses clinical judgement in providing utilization management services. The focus is to provide high quality, cost-effective care which will enable patients to achieve maximum medical improvement while receiving care deemed medically necessary. The LVN assists in determining appropriateness, quality and medical necessity of referral requests using pre-established guidelines. This position supports Dignity Health Medical Group-Inland Empire (DHMG-IE) and Dignity Health Physician Network-Inland Empire (DHPN-IE) in effective management of the managed care patient under the direction of the Utilization Manager. The position will be assigned cases for review in pre-authorization areas, skilled nursing facility review and acute inpatient concurrent review.
PRINCIPLES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts pre-authorization referral reviews, following workflow as written, document criteria to make determination or recommendation and process the referral in a timely manner.
- Manages assigned queues on a daily basis working oldest referrals first to assure 98% compliance with ICE timeframes.
- Follows job work aide in sequence of performing job, including checking eligibility on health plan websites. Demonstrates 100% accuracy of identification of DHMG-IE/DHPN-IE member before referral review is initiated.
- Determines correct type of referral and utilizes correct criteria in performing review and documents appropriate sections with 95% accuracy.
- Researches correct information and/or uses pend letter appropriately when facts are needed to reach determination.
- Preps case thoroughly, concisely and clearly for physician review. Researches EMR, criteria, medical policy and past history of member to detail case cleanly for MD in 95% of the cases.
- Watches for follow up and processes denials as indicated, demonstrating wording at 6th and or 8th grade level, clear sentence structure and correct identification of reasons for denial.
- Communicates findings to physician and member in accordance with all regulatory and of DHMG-IE/DHPN-IE guidelines and documents same in 95% of cases.
- Supports co-workers to covers needed staffing, training or special projects as assigned.
- The LVN performs audits of medical records as requested or appropriate.
- Recommends and coordinates interventions to facilitate high quality, cost-effective care, monitoring treatment, progress and outcomes of patients.
- The LVN performs Inter-Rater Reliability audits as directed by the UM Supervisor or UM Manager.
- The LVN scores over 95% on personal Inter-Rater audits as reviewed by peers.
- The LVN performs audits of medical records as requested or appropriate.
- The LVN assists in the refinement/improvement of the utilization management program through participating in continuous process improvement endeavors.
- The LVN uses professional and collaborative behavior while interacting with all customers.
- The LVN demonstrates the ability to work within their scope of practice as defined by the Department in all stages of work.
- The LVN responds promptly and with courtesy to inquiry from claims, other hospitals, other departments seeking assistance, member services, management, physicians and others by either resolving the situation or referring it appropriately. Documentation is completed for all issues to create a record.
- The LVN requests assistance when needed to ensure that the appropriate actions are taken in each situation.
- The LVN performs special projects or other assignments as requested by the Supervisor, Manager or Director.
- Dignity - Respecting the inherent value and worth of each person. Justice - Advocating for social change and acting in ways that promote respect for all persons and demonstrate compassion for our sisters and brothers who are powerless. Stewardship - Cultivating the resources entrusted to us to promote healing and wholeness. Collaboration - Working together with people who support common values and vision to achieve shared goals. Excellence - Exceeding expectations through teamwork and innovation.
- Consistently and positively communicates and collaborates with colleagues, supervisor, and customers (internal and external). Communicates collaboratively in situations involving conflict so the conflict de-escalates and is resolved
- Efficiently and independently plans time to accomplish job duties within departmental standards. Employee is punctual, meets deadlines, initiates and follows through on tasks, and needs little supervision.
- Meets or exceeds behavioral standards to work effectively with internal and external customers. Is professional and courteous in all situations. Anticipates needs of others and works to fulfill them. Listens respectfully and carefully, demonstrating flexibility in working with others.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to people of different cultures and works effectively with them.
- All other duties as assigned.
About this position:
In keeping with the St. John's Regional Medical Center philosophy, the Infusion Suite RN performs functions that include delivering chemotherapy and therapeutic agents via I.V. administration, providing patient education, assessment and follow-up and documenting in the electronic medical record. Also performs related work as required.
The Patient Navigator improves the patient and family experience by facilitating communication among nursing staff, physicians and all members of the multi-disciplinary team. This position offers a personalized, individualized approach for the management of cardiac disease and for cardiovascular procedures. The Patient Navigator provides: Direct patient advice, guidance, education, referral, and follow-up for cardiac disease and cardiovascular procedures. The navigator serves as the patient's personal health assistant and is the primary contact for questions, coordination of care and discharge instructions and support. The Patient Navigator is expected to work closely with Cardiac Surgeons, Cardiologist and Physician Assistants to create seamless coordination of care, and be a key participant in the Cardiovascular Institute. The navigator will report to the Director of Cardiovascular Service Line. Incumbents in this position shall comply with all applicable laws and rules including the Dignity Health Standards of Conduct and Dignity Health policies and procedures that apply to his/her job responsibilities, seek guidance when in doubt, promptly report any potential or suspected violation of Dignity Health Standards of Conduct, Dignity Health policy or procedure or applicable laws/regulations and when requested, assist Dignity Health personnel in investigating all allegations of violation. When called upon, the incumbent shall assist in risk evaluation and work collaboratively with facility/entity leaders to implement, monitor and mitigate risk corrective plans outlined by the Compliance program.
- Experience in Patient Care Coordination required.
- Experience in Physician Service Integration require
- BSN Required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Microsoft Word, Excel, Access competency required.
- Must have a current license in the State of California as a Registered Nurse.
- Must have American Heart Association BLS certification.
- Masters preferred.
- Critical Care Nurse preferred with emphasis on Cardiac Disease, Cardiac Surgery and Cardiac Procedures.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) performs nursing duties within the guidelines of hospital policies and procedures and LVN scope of practice, under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse and indirect supervision of the Director of Nurses. Duties include, but are not limited to, accurate physical assessment for pediatric residents in the pediatric sub acute setting; performing direct patient care; promoting growth and development needs of pediatric residents (age range from infancy to young adult); participation in resident/family education; recognition of life threatening situations and initiating life saving measures; reporting changes of resident condition promptly; performing treatments and medications as ordered by MD within the LVN scope of practice; starting IV's; assurance of accurate documentation such as weekly summaries, medication and treatment records, changes in resident condition, monthly physician order recaps and CNA documentation and assignment oversight. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Community Hospital of San Bernardino. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Community Hospital of San Bernardino strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement, process, and activities.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: One (1) year experience in Long Term Care and/or Subacute; Acute care experience preferred. Six (6)months experience within the past two (2) years providing care to pediatric subacute technology dependent residents for whom the facility provides care. The following may be substituted for required experience: successful completion of 15 CEUs specific to provision of care to residents with technology dependency and the successful completion of the 40-hour in-house preceptorship designed to promote the licensed nurses' clinical competency in providing nursing services to pediatric residents with technology dependency for whom the facility provides care. One year experience performing acute and/or sub-acute care is preferred.
JOIN US NOW as we seek a housekeeper who will provide excellent cleaning service to the assigned area using standard operating procedure.
The ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT at Chandler Regional Medical Center is proud to create and maintain a safe, sanitary, attractive and orderly environment to promote healing. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience, complementing the patient care that we provide at the facility. Everyday the entire building is cleaned by staff from the environmental services department. High touch surfaces are sanitized daily in patient rooms, restrooms, and throughout the entire facility. The department also provides trash and linen removal from the facility. Cleaning is accomplished in accordance with CDC and infection prevention standards. A hospital approved disinfectant is used throughout the facility to provide a safe and sanitary environment for patients, visitors and staff.
Located in the City of Chandler, Az, a suburb of Phoenix, this position is critical to the success of Chandler Regional Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health.
The incumbent provides timely, accurate, and complete pharmaceutical care which includes reviewing medication orders, performing appropriate clinical interventions with prescribers, and providing drug information. Demonstrates competency in patient care for patient population served. The incumbent will also effectively maintain control of daily pharmacy operations and supervise personnel. pharm pharmacist pharmD pharmaceutical pharmacokinetics druggist chemist prescriber “locum pharmacist”“clinical pharmacy specialist” naplex acpe nabp apha pharmacotherapy “critical care” pharmacologist
Join our team of professional and passionate health care professionals who are committed to the well-being of our patients and provide patient care based on competence, professional expertise, knowledge and evidence based practice.
Our Cardiac Systems Application Analyst positions are critical to the success of St. Joseph's Medical Center and require the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health. It is expected that our employees demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values.
Cardiac Systems Application Analyst performs application software support, analysis, modification, enhancement, design, installation, training, education and data retrieval of cardiac databases for the purpose of producing cardiac statistics for internal, local, regional, and national reports. Identifies patient populations and transmits abstracted cases to regional, state, national and regulatory registries.