Click column header to sort
NURSE SHIFT MANAGER
Dignity Health Northridge Hospital Medical Center
The Nurse Shift Manager plans the overall nursing care and functions in a particular nursing unit during an assigned shift. Supervises nursing staff assigned to a particular shift. Assigns patients to available nursing staff, taking into consideration the patient's condition and the employee's skill level. Anticipates staffing needs and moves proactively to respond to them. Oversees stocking of supplies and updating patient records to ensure that the nursing floor is ready for subsequent shifts.
This position, working under the supervision of the Manager of Patient Center Medical Home, is responsible for facilitating Woodland Clinic Medical Group's patient population management activities. These activities relate to the preventative and chronic disease management clinical practices as captured within the electronic medical record. They include identification and outreach (both verbal and written) to patients requiring preventive and chronic care screenings, patient and development of plan of actions and programmatic development.
The other key function is to monitor the organizations's outcome performance on an ongoing basis and identify issues that need performance. improvement.
This position works closely with the providers and provider staff to support Care Management activities and optimize the quality of patient care.
REGISTERED NURSE, Per Diem â€“ PICUNorthridge Hospital Medical Center The PICU unit at Northridge Hospital Medical Center is actively seeking individuals who demonstrate patient care excellence. We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for the PICU unit to coordinate, supervise and implement patient care to patients Newborn to 18 years in accordance with individual needs based on competence, professional expertise, knowledge and evidence-based practice. The Registered Nurse is expected to practice autonomously, consistent with professional standards, Nurse Practice Act and hospital job description specific to the unit. This position is critical to the success of Northridge Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission and organizational values of the Dignity Health system. In addition, Dignity Health has made the conscious decision to implement solutions that will improve patient care outcomes and nursing competencies. As a result, all RN candidates considered for this position will be required to take a series of assessments during our application and interviewing process that include a basic math assessment and a thorough behavioral-based questionnaire in addition to providing up to three professional references and a copy of your most recent performance evaluation.
REGISTERED NURSE, Per Diem – PICUDignity Health Northridge Hospital Medical Center The PICU unit at Northridge Hospital Medical Center is actively seeking individuals who demonstrate patient care excellence. We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for the PICU unit to coordinate, supervise and implement patient care to patients Newborn to 18 years in accordance with individual needs based on competence, professional expertise, knowledge and evidence-based practice. The Registered Nurse is expected to practice autonomously, consistent with professional standards, Nurse Practice Act and hospital job description specific to the unit. This position is critical to the success of Northridge Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission and organizational values of the Dignity Health system. In addition, Dignity Health has made the conscious decision to implement solutions that will improve patient care outcomes and nursing competencies. As a result, all RN candidates considered for this position will be required to take a series of assessments during our application and interviewing process that include a basic math assessment and a thorough behavioral-based questionnaire in addition to providing up to three professional references and a copy of your most recent performance evaluation.
REGISTERED NURSE, Per Diem – PEDIATRIC ACUTEDignity Health Northridge Hospital Medical Center The PEDIATRICS unit at Northridge Hospital Medical Center is actively seeking individuals who demonstrate patient care excellence. We are seeking Registered Nurse (RN) for the PEDIATRICS unit to coordinate, supervise and implement patient care based on competence, professional expertise, knowledge and evidence-based practice. The Registered Nurse is expected to practice autonomously, consistent with professional standards, Nurse Practice Act and hospital job description specific to the unit. This position is critical to the success of Northridge Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission and organizational values of the Dignity Health system. In addition, Dignity Health has made the conscious decision to implement solutions that will improve patient care outcomes and nursing competencies. As a result, all RN candidates considered for this position will be required to take a series of assessments during our application and interviewing process that include a basic math assessment and a thorough behavioral-based questionnaire in addition to providing up to three professional references and a copy of your most recent performance evaluation.
Looking to pick up some additional shifts at $48.00 per hour (plus shift differential, if applicable)?
Now is the time to JOIN our ED Registry RN's. Whether you pre-book your schedule or do daily scheduling, our Registry RN’s are required to sign-up to work a minimum of 3 shifts every two weeks and are paid on a weekly basis. Additional shifts maybe scheduled based on hospital needs. This position is critical to the success of St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health.
Dignity Health has made the conscious decision to implement solutions that will improve patient care outcomes and nursing competencies. As a result, all candidates considered for this position will be required to take a Math assessment during our application and interviewing process in addition to providing up to two professional references. Please be sure to check your email and/or log in to your profile for an update as to your status.
The Environmental Service Lead performs duties in alignment with the mission and vision of the organization and within scope of services of the Department. Assists Environmental Services management by ensuring that all assigned departmental functions are completed in a timely manner according to hospital policy by providing leadership to Environmental Services staff in completion of their duties. May function as shift supervisor during absence of Environmental Services management. Performs duties of Environmental Services staff positions based on staffing requirements and. At all times, performs duties conscientiously in a safe and efficient manner, taking ownership in responsibilities assigned and keeping customer expectations in mind.
Under the supervision of the attending physician, renders Physician Assistant services under the guidelines of the California's Physician Assistants Examining Committee under Title 16, Chapter 13.8. Supports the educational needs of
Mercy Community Clinic as needed.
Shift Hours: 9am - 8pm PST
Position Summary: The Clinical Support Specialist I performs clinical applications support duties with the clinicians and staff providing patient care in the ambulatory clinic setting. These responsibilities include the initial computer-based training and orientation of physicians and staff as well as the on-going computer skills improvement and enhanced competency training associated with the clinical applications. The CSS I will participate in workflow design, development, and re-engineering as upgrades, enhancement requests, and new regulations are presented. The CSS I will participate as assigned on project implementation teams; workflow documentation initiatives; and clinical enhancement and optimization efforts. This position has primary responsibility for initial problem triage and assignment, first call issue resolution, critical problem solving, and collaborating/escalation with other IT support teams.
• Maintains working relationships with clinicians, staff, and clinic leadership at assigned locations to ensure consistent delivery of all IT support services.
• Acts as assigned resource to the various project teams assisting in the design and development of the continually improving ambulatory applications suite of solutions.
• Performs the delivery of services and escalates any conflicts that may arise between matrix teams, project teams, team members, facilities, and ambulatory clinics.
• Utilizes the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to recommend clinical functions that are suitable for computer applications and ensure the clinical applications are consistent with professional standards of clinical practice.
• Contributes as assigned in ambulatory governance meetings, department meetings, and staff meetings.
• Supports the Physician Integration functional planning process; including needs assessment, regulatory requirements, and new clinical service requirements involving key stakeholders and utilizing structured analysis methods for planning.
• Delivers consistent clinical support services both within and outside the defined Service Level Agreements.
• Assists in the development of process and operational redesign recommendations leading to a solution and/or functional system requirements.
• Provides clinical support in all phases of a project plan including system testing, conversion planning, and training material development.
• Communicates functional priorities, design techniques, issues, and issue resolution to leadership.
• With others, promotes the continuity of the ambulatory computing environment and the application functionality in accordance with the intended design as deployed from clinic to clinic, market to market.
• Monitors application use, system performance, hardware reliability, and software stability. Captures, defines, and prioritizes pre- and post-implementation issues. Reports and participates in the problem solving of issues that impact local and enterprise performance.
• Communicates effectively, and contributes to positive interdepartmental relationships; particularly between technical and clinical staff.
• Takes immediate action to meet customer/user requests or needs.
• Builds relationships with peers and staff. Ensures accountability relative to timelines, work, and product, in support of reporting metrics and protocol compliance.
• Uses critical thinking skills and job knowledge to resolve job-related issues.
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient and Dignity Health information, communications, and documents.
• Participates in the orientation and training of new physicians and staff. Provides on going assistance to ensure technical skill sets of physicians and staff maintain a standard minimum competency.
• Provides assistance relative to technical skill sets for staff and incorporates them into the associated training.
• Constantly evaluates training materials ensuring content is in alignment with application versions and appropriately provides end users with appropriate skills to be successful.
• Demonstrates extraordinary customer relations, quality service, and dedication to providing the highest quality of service to our clinicians, staff, and patients.
• Supports the efficient and effective operations of Ambulatory Clinical Information Systems, the promotion of effective user adoption, and success in deployment of these systems.
• Ensures a professional and responsive atmosphere by greeting patients, visitors, staff, and physicians promptly and courteously. Refers to each individual by name when appropriate.
• Upholds the mission, vision, and values of Dignity Health, as well as our sponsoring congregations.
• 2+ years of experience providing system support to clinical staff, or working in a clinical setting with daily use of an electronic health record.
• 2+ years of experience working with clinical workflows within an electronic health record.
• 2+ years of proven knowledge of clinical workflows and documented ability to provide excellent support to clinical staff.
• Knowledge of ambulatory/outpatient care environments and workflow processes.
• Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, and to set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines.
• Computer literacy (use of computer technology to accomplish tasks) and information literacy (ability to recognize, locate, evaluate, and use information appropriately).
• Ability to effectively train others in the use of computers and related technologies.
• Strong communication skills, ability to translate most concepts to naïve computer users and various levels of personnel from executives to end-users.
• Ability to create effective interpersonal relationships. Preferred Qualifications:
- MA, LPN, LVN, RN license or other clinical degree desired.
- Clinical licensure is desired, but a combination of experience and education can be considered in lieu of a clinical licensure.
- Experience with Allscripts or Cerner preferred.
Position Summary: The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) will work under the supervision of the attending physician, and renders FNP services under the California guidelines. The FNP will support the educational needs of the Mercy Community Clinic, as needed:
The Patient Services Associate position is the first point of phone customer service contact for our patients, physicians, internal and external laboratory, imaging, hospital, patient family members, and vendors by offering customer service, communications, and appropriate distribution of phone calls and messages. The Patient Services Associate may also perform a variety of other duties including but not limited to collecting and updating demographics and insurance information, verification of health plan eligibility, taking complete and accurate messages, and scheduling mutually acceptable appointment times utilizing an electronic practice management system. The Patient Services Associate may also be asked to perform other clerical duties as needed and requested to support daily clinic operation goals, bench marks, and quality patient care initiatives per clinic guidelines. This position may have access to third party credit card information and transactional systems (cash registers, point of sale devices, applications supporting credit card transactions, and reports or other documents containing credit card information) from single transactions or a single card at a time. PHC is committed to excellent patient care and service. We strive to develop cohesive teams where all levels of employees can work together. That being said, we have developed the job descriptions to define the primary tasks and responsibilities. However, it does not preclude all staff to support the functions of the entire clinic. Some PSA and FSAs may be asked to do work that is outside their daily assignments, especially when working in smaller locations or when trying to address staff vacancies. This team approach will support our goal of keeping the Patient as our focus.
Performs ultrasonography procedures. Preferably performs all routine and emergency radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures and Operates the C.T. Scanner as well. Provides Radiology services to all ages.
The Patient Safety/Risk Management Coordinator assists with the event reporting process, event investigation and review as well as root cause analysis and the coordination of Risk Management/Patient Safety activities for the organization. Maintains data management systems for Risk/Patient Safety programs. Participates in system office initiatives and programs to mitigate identified risks at the facility which result in reduced costs, reduced adverse patient outcomes and safer patient care. Coordinates claim team requests and collaborates with other key stakeholders to implement learnings from claims. Oversees the coordination of all legal documents and meetings related to hospital liability.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of St. Bernardine Medical Center. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support St. Bernardine Medical Center's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities.
Under the Supervision of Chief Engineer and/or Assistant Chief Engineer, responsible for maintenance and repairs to the building and grounds, related fixed and portable equipment and installation, while establishing a safe environment for the Medical Center. Operates and maintains stationary engines and mechanic equipment such as light, heat and power to the hospital.
Provides basic level of patient care and treatments. Assists with obtaining vital signs, documents chief complaint and all actions taken. Alerts physician of problems/concerns/abnormalities. Assists with obtaining patient history, assists physicians and residents and/or licensed nursing personnel. Performs simple patient procedures, sets up exam/procedure rooms including instruments for minor procedures, prepares and may include administrating medications (excluding IV) under direct supervision of a physician. Obtains lab specimen and fills out requisitions completely and accurately. In addition to the above, the Medical Assistant II functions more independently and coordinates the workflow of MAs when necessary. Obtains authorization for referral (normally in small clinics). Conducts front desk duties such as registration, check-in and scheduling of patients.
Conducts medical reviews for necessity, level of care, and benefit reviews rendered in the inpatient and outpatient setting to ensure the patient receives the highest level of care. Coordinates with providers, provider staff, and hospital staff, patients and patient family members to establish an appropriate level of care.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of nursing processes, care management, and continuity of care.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for managed care, HMOs, and EPOs.
- Ability to apply criteria to identify appropriate level of care on all admissions and clearly document any research conducted and rationale of decisions made. Ability to identify care needs across the age continuum and according to principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Ability to apply appropriate business rules, medical guidelines and/or health plan benefits to authorization decision making.
- Proficiency with health plan criteria/benefits and regulatory requirements as they relate to patient management across the continuum of care.
- Proficient with standardized criteria, Interqual/Milliman, MCG, Medicare, etc.
- Knowledge of network and benefit limitations and ability to collaborate with stakeholders to find alternatives that meet patient needs and achieve positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of disease management strategies.
- Basic knowledge of CPT and ICD 9/ICD 10 codes.
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex contract or benefit language.
- Willingness to work as part of a team, working collaboratively with others to achieve goals, solve problems, and meet established organizational objectives and management of patients.
About This Position
In keeping with the Marian Medical Center health care philosophy, the Registered Nurse manages quality patient care through the nursing process. Coordinates plan of care with the health care team. Assumes leadership role for unit personnel to prepare and assist them with their responsibilities. Employees are responsible for completion of unit competency assessments, annual safety review, CPR, and renewal of license by maintaining continuing education units as required by hospital policy.
The PACU RN also serves as a resource person as well as a preceptor. Under minimal supervision, the PACU RN identifies and implements nursing interventions that have less predictable outcomes and evaluate the results of these interventions for a given patient population.
RN Selection Criteria
One (1) year current medical/surgical nursing in an acute care setting or specialty area experience. Current California Registered Nurse license and current CPR certification.
Dignity Health is looking for nurses who are committed to providing optimal patient care. To support this initiative, we’ve improved our process for identifying the best candidates for Dignity Health. In order to be considered for a nursing position, you will be asked to complete online, a basic math test and a behavioral assessment to determine who is most likely to be successful at Dignity Health. In addition, we ask that you provide up to three professional references and a copy of your most recent performance evaluation. This helps us to gain additional insights on how you would fit into Dignity Health's culture. After completing your application, please be sure to check your email and/or log into your profile for a status update.
Safely performs quality diagnostic procedures and provides appropriate level of patient care. Performs MRI procedures with minimal supervision, requiring understanding of anatomy, physiology and resonance factors. Produces and reviews images to ensure diagnostic quality.
The Developer III’s role as a senior developer is to create and maintain applications designed to support the business operations across the entire Dignity Health enterprise.
This role is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining web-based and mobile software applications. Troubleshoots problems and issues and looks for ways to improve applications. Familiar with a variety of healthcare concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
This position is responsible for providing accounting and financial analytical review to various Dignity Health hospitals and related facilities. The incumbent accumulates information to prepare accurate and timely journal entries for the general ledger monthly close in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Dignity Health's processes and procedures.
This position reports to the Director of Accounting; the incumbent is expected to work without direct supervision of the Director of Accounting.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and account analysis that requires an advanced knowledge of accounting
- Generates financial reports that require intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Works with department supervisors, managers, directors, administrative, and other staff to identify and recommend solutions to issues that arise. Approved solutions are implemented and monitored by the incumbent on an ongoing basis
- Gathers, compiles, and reports complex financial information for various reporting purposes, both internal and external. This does include regulatory filings
- This position is responsible for the financial close of an assigned hospital, including accruals, variation analysis, communication with the facility, and final reporting
- This position is expected to function effectively within a team and participate constructively to produce results in a cooperative way
- Major challenges to this position are identifying and resolving problems that arise by understanding the way business is done and opportunities for improving the efficiency of the general ledger department or the department under review
- Has the authority to post routine journal entries without supervisor approval, prioritize assigned work load to most efficiently meet deadlines, and to evaluate best practices for analytical review
- Continually seeks to make suggestions, offer solutions and act upon both internal and external customer needs, concerns and priorities