Click column header to sort
Manages day-to-day laboratory operations to ensure proper functioning of the laboratory and the quality of laboratory services.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Manages day-to-day laboratory operations to ensure proper functioning of the laboratory and the quality of laboratory services.
- Ensures compliance with laboratory guidelines and policies.
- Oversees and develops laboratory personnel training; instructs, supervises and manages technicians to conduct proper experimental practices.
- Leads research projects; mentors and supervises laboratory members in executing research project tasks.
- Manages collaboratively and coaches others to achieve optimal performance; delegates effectively; praises/rewards contributions; defines clear roles and responsibilities; sets goals and leads initiatives; adjusts plans as necessary.
- Ensuring that the patient/customer perspective is a driving force behind our actions and business decisions; crafting and implementing service practices that meet patients'/customer's and own organization’s needs. (Focus also includes internal and external customers.)
- Sharing authority and responsibility with others to move decision making and accountability downward through the organization enabling individuals to stretch their capabilities and accomplish the business unit’s strategic priorities.
The Lactation Consultant provides direct care for the postpartum mother and their babies and provides appropriate education regarding lactation to meet the individual needs
of the postpartum and childbirth education preparation for the breast-feeding mom.
Coordinates further educational needs prior to discharge and follows-up with patients regarding any additional needs.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible for performing social work assessments and interventions as needed for inpatients, outpatients and emergency department patients. They are dedicated to patient and family centered care that values personal self-determination, skilled at managing multiple priorities at once, and engaging in creative, compassionate and ethical problem-solving. As a member of a multidisciplinary health team, they perform comprehensive assessments and develop treatment plans that integrate the medical, social and resource issues that impact individual patients, families and at risk populations. Licensed Clinical Social Workers are responsible for working collaboratively with all healthcare team members to develop and implement treatment plans that support patient-centered plan of care for both individual patients and the medical community. The functions of the Licensed Clinical Social Worker includes crisis intervention, patient /family intervention, high risk screening, brief counseling, referring for financial or other identified resource needs, arrange and facilitate family/patient representative meetings with the health care team as needed, assist in post acute placement on complex discharges and engagement of appropriate agencies or community resources when high risk patients are identified. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker establishes and maintains professional relationships with physicians, case managers, nursing staff, county agencies, community resources, patients and families. The position will be required to serve on hospital committees and take part in developing and presenting in-services to Hospital staff.
The Coder reviews, analyzes, and approves codes for diagnostic and procedural information that determines Medicare, Medi-Cal and private insurance payments. The primary function of this position is to perform ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS coding for reimbursement. The coding function also ensures compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines. The Coder shall review ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS codes against documented information for DHMF clinical encounters. Assures the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the physician are valid and complete. Reviews necessary information from health records to identify proper and congruent relationships between procedure and diagnosis codes utilizing EndCoder systems, LCDs, NCDs and modifier relationships.
The coder determines the final diagnoses and procedures stated by the physician or other health care providers are valid and complete. The coder shall open lines of communication with the health care professional and resolve discrepancies in coding practices and provide education as needed. Performs a comprehensive review for the record to assure the presence of all component parts such as: patient and record identification, signatures and dates where required, and other necessary data in the presence of all reports which appear to be indicated by the nature of the treatment rendered.
- Analyzes provider documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E & M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code using both 1995 and 1997 CMS guidelines for auditing
- Presents audit results to physicians for education and training purposes
- Assists in the onboarding and training of coding employees
- Assists in creating and updating training documentation in compliance with new regulatory information
- Responsible for updating encounter forms annually in accordance with internal processes. Responsible for managing and identifying improvements in department workflow
- Analyzes Claims Scrubber edits and researches discrepancies
- At times will work in a lead capacity within the department.
- Works on department projects as required
- Responsible for internal reporting and distribution.
- Works as an internal auditor within the department
- Additional duties as assigned
In keeping with the Pacific Central Coast Health Center's philosophy, under the direction and supervision of the Operational and/or Medical Director, the Lead Medical Assistant operates in a team with other clinic healthcare providers and support staff. The Lead escorts patients to the exam rooms and assists in determining medical problems. The Lead assists medical providers with minor diagnostic procedures and treatments as directed; taking vital signs, maintaining records and recording test results. In addition, this position assists in the scheduling and supervising of assigned staff, provides ongoing performance feedback and acts as a key communicator between the clinical staff and Clinic Supervisor. The Lead serves as a primary evaluator for interviews and as a preceptor for newly hired staff and assures all critical tasks are completed per clinic protocols.
About This Position
Our new start of the art electrophysiology lab was completed late spring of 2016. We have a renowned atrial fibrillation electrophysiologist leading this new service complimented by our trained Cath Lab/ EP team. The cardiac program is also a STEMI receiving center as part of Santa Barbara County. In addition the Cath Lab is recognized for its Endovascular peripheral program which includes procedures as such as Peripheral and AAA stenting
In keeping with the Marian Medical Center health care philosophy, the RAD Technologist assists the physician with a variety of diagnostic and invasive procedures. Performs at a proficient level in the areas of patient monitoring and scrubbing, judgment and anticipation of physician needs during diagnostic and interventional procedures. Ability to store and retrieve patient media from archive system.
Keywords: RT, Rad Tech, Lead, Cardiac, Cath. ARRT, Fluoroscopy
Position Summary: Assist with the functions of physical and personal security and safety measures of members, patients, staff, and visitors/guests. Protects staff and property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence in the workplace. Primary functions include responding to emergency situations at the assigned healthcare facility. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves orders and may enforce regulations pertaining to personnel, visitors/guests, and premises. Provides lead direction to Security Officers while on shift and performs other duties of a more responsible and demanding level, as defined by Dignity Health Security Department. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Dignity Health�s Core Value and humankindness. The employee shall support Dignity Health�s strategic plans and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities.
Executes contracts by providing expertise in patient care services and healthcare leadership to DHI clients. Activities will vary depending on client engagement and needs, which may include but are not limited to, strategic planning, developing and documenting an operating model and setting up a governance system. Represent DHI in company transformation activities.Be the clinical content expert in the development of education products for DHGE and other education projects within DHI.Role will require extensive U.S. and international travel.
- Evaluate nursing and clinical practices at client facilities, guide clients in developing and implementing patient care systems that meet international standards and in-country regulations.
- Represent DHI in CommonSpirit Health transformation activities.
- Participate in hospital construction projects, representing clinical end users. Based on clinical expertise, provide input to design planning and patient care equipment selection, to facilitate work flow and care effectiveness.
- Provide clinical expertise in development of education modules related to DHGE and other projects/JVs in DHI.
- Keeping the organization’s mission, vision and values at the forefront of associate decision making and action.
- Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, department, units or organizations to help achieve business goals. Resolves issues and problems, and makes a significant contribution to team efforts.
- Demonstrates breadth and/or depth of professional/technical skills and capabilities required for position; shares knowledge; sets or contributes to the Company’s direction within area of expertise.
- Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from the achievement, creativity and continuous improvement. Goes the extra mile.
- Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Ensuring that the patient perspective is a driving force behind our actions and business decisions; crafting and implementing service practices that meet patients' and own organization’s needs. (Focus also includes internal and external customers)
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
This position is eligible for remote opportunity.
As a member of the Legal Department Technology Team, the Legal Technology Project Analyst is responsible for providing business process analysis, development and maintenance of Legal Department technology applications under the direction of the Vice President/Associate General Counsel for Administration or his designee (“VP/AGC”).
The Project Analyst position includes two primary areas of responsibility:
1. Technology Project Responsibilities; and
2. Technology Maintenance Responsibilities.
1. Project Responsibilities:
a. Carry out projects related to technology applications, document automation, database support and individual office needs, as may be assigned from time to time;
b. Participate as a member of the Technology Team in the maintenance, evaluation and implementation of technology applications for use in the Legal Department;
c. Manage and participate in systems testing and upgrades for existing and new applications. Develop test plans, create and maintain functional and regression test scripts;
d. Develop project schedules and deliverables for projects involving existing and new applications, provide input and identify issues and risks in such projects and identify and utilize resources for problem resolution;
e. Develop and maintain configuration, integration and procedure documentation of existing and new systems and any integrations between old and new systems;
f. Identify, design, and develop metrics to assess employee use of technology applications, organizational effectiveness and customer satisfaction;
g. Analyze and develop reports on the accuracy, reliability and effectiveness of existing systems and recommend improvements in system design, business processes and new technology product offerings;
h. Assist in design, development and administration of Data Integrity Reports in collaboration with the Information Services Team;
i. Support knowledge management initiatives within the Legal Department. Proactively identify and document solutions in the knowledge management systems to encourage sharing and maximum utilization of information within the Legal Department;
j. Other duties as assigned as a member of the Legal Tech Team.
2. Maintenance Responsibilities:
a. Monitor Dignity Health Legal Technology applications and systems performance and report on that performance regularly;
b. Answer legal technology and application related questions as requested by attorneys and other Legal Department personnel;
c. Train end users on basic report writing tools and assist with custom reports as needed;
d. Support Legal Tech Team to perform administrative activities related to training program delivery;
e. Work with the Information Services Manager to promote data integrity in Legal Department tools through data audits and remediation and training;
f. Assist the professional and support staff of the Legal Department in resolving time critical technology needs;
g. Respond to routine inquiries from clients, including executives, managers and staff regarding use of and access to the information in Legal Department technology tools and access to those tools;
h. Address transactional processing errors referred by Information Services Team and local facilities;
i. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with other members of the Legal Technology Team, Legal Department Personnel, DHIT and other Corporate Office Departments.
j. Other technology and applications maintenance tasks as assigned.
1. Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
2. Communication: Cleary conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
3. Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
4. Engagement Readiness: Demonstrating a willingness to commit to one's work and to invest one's time, talent, and best efforts in accomplishing organizational goals.
5. Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
6. Stress Tolerance: Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
7. Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
8. Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
9. Building Partnerships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
10. Emotional Intelligence: Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting one’s own and others’ emotions and behavior in the context of the political environment; leveraging insights to effectively manage one’s own responses and reactions.
Methodist Hospital, a member of Dignity Health, is looking for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to join their hospital staff. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker, as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, provides the following services to patients and/or families: psychosocial assessment, counseling, crisis intervention, exploration of effective coping skills, education, and coordination of the patient’s progress through the continuum of care. In addition, the social worker provides education, consultation and support to hospital staff.
- 2+ years experience in acute hospital or combination of hospital and other clinical experience
- Masters degree in Social Work.
- The candidate must also have successful attainment of county designee for 5150 and California Social Worker License.
The incumbent shall demonstrate behaviors consistent with the core (Mercy) values in support with Methodist Hospital and the Mission and Philosophy of Dignity Health.
The Licensed Psychiatric Technician provides skilled, technical patient care and services to patients according to a plan of care established by the Registered Nurse. Works as a team member to meet team goals and objectives. Works effectively under multiple demands and adjusts priorities as circumstances require to meet nursing/staffing needs of the department. Maintains a high degree of accuracy and precision on a consistent basis in the performance of procedures. Treats co-workers, physicians, patients/families, visitors, and the public with dignity and respect. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all hospital staff. Maintains patient confidentiality. May have access to or be required to distribute drugs, needles or syringes from storage locations, (such as large stock supplies, automated dispensing units and other carts) to/within patient care areas or treatment carts as defined by hospital policy/procedure.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse provides skilled, technical nursing care and services to patients according to a plan of care established by the Provider.
In keeping with the Pacific Central Coast Health Center's philosophy,under the direction and supervision of the Operational and/or Medical Director, the Licensed Vocational Nurse will assist medical staff in the preparation of patients for delivery of services utilizing basic administrative clerical and technical skills.
Under the direction of the RN implements care for a group of patients, based upon the established plan of care. Refers questions and abnormal findings regarding patient care and/or priorities to the RN. Demonstrates knowledge of the step-by-step progress of specific surgical procedures and displays dexterity in the use of required instrumentation. Assists nursing personnel in maintaining required medical record documentation, as well as administrative/clerical processes surrounding the daily operation of the Department.
Join Us Now as we look for a dynamic Life Safety Engineer to join our team. Under the supervision of the EOC Safety Officer provides operational support in the area of Life Safety, Fire Safety, and regulatory compliance as they pertain to these subjects. This position is responsible for the monitoring of the Fire Safety readiness for this Facility, and involved in training and education of the employees on Fire Safety and their role in this process.
LICENSED MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST (LMFT)--Art TherapistBEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICESNorthridge Hospital Medical Center The Credential Art Therapist will provide ART Theraphy Groups in an inpatient and outpatient behavioral health setting to adolecents and adults. :LMFT will assist with the daily programs and with social work activities of unit. The LMFT performs assessments and assists with planning the continuum of care throughout the patient's stay and after discharge.
Perform duties in alignment with the mission and policies of the organization. Performs duties in support of and in compliance with the performance improvement plan, Joint Commission and other licensing/accrediatation and regulatory agenices. Administers care to designated patients under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties in accordance with the prescribed plan of care. Utilizes established hospital standards of care and practice to guide patient care activities. Follows the plan of care set by the registered nurse, manageing the individual needs of the patient with regards to their age and clinical diagnosis as indicated. Maintains patient safety and confidentiality during the hospital stay. Embraces diversity by displaying sensitivity to differenct cultures and backgrounds.
Is expected to perform duties in alignment with the mission and policies of the organization. Performs duties in support of and in compliance with the performance improvement plan, Joint Commisison and other licensing, accrediting and regulatory agencies. Administers nursing care to designated patients under the direction and supervision of a physician. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties for pediatric through geriatric patients in accordance with individual needs, physician orders, hospital policy and standards of nursing practice.
About This Position
In keeping with the Marian Medical Center healthcare philosophy, the LVN is an experienced practitioner who demonstrates in-depth knowledge of nursing, patient care and the ability to practice independently. Under supervision, identifies and implements nursing interventions and evaluates the results of these interventions for a given patient population.
Is expected to perform duties in alignment with the mission and policies of the organization. Performs duties in support of and in compliance with the performance improvement plan, Joint Commission and other licensing, accrediting and regulatory agencies. Administers nursing care to designated patients under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties in accordance with individual needs, physician orders, hospital policy and standards of nursing practice.