Click column header to sort
Dignity Health, the nation's fifth largest healthcare system, is currently looking for an experienced individual to fill the role of Executive Director, Population Health Management for Central California which includes the Valley Integrated Physician Network (VIPN). And San Joaquin Quality Care Network (SJQCN). This position is responsible for the development and management of Clinically Integrated networks, its market strategy and expansion, physician alignment and managed care risk management. The Executive Director reports to the Vice President of Population Health Management, the VIPN and SJQCN Board of Managers.
The Executive Director leads all Clinically Integrated Network operations, development and expansion, risk alignment for products including MSSP ACO, Medicaid, Commercial Managed Care and Direct to Employer solutions. The position will lead the development of the network for the markets and successfully manage value based contracts. Additionally, this position works collaboratively with the VP/ Chief Physician Executive Director of Physician Integration, Dignity Health MSO leadership and with Dignity Health Central CA hospital leadership, local hospital quality, finance and managed care staff.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Partner with VIPN and SJQCN Board of Managers to establish networks and services necessary to successfully manage risk contracts. Support the Payer Committee in developing payer relations strategy, support local negotiations as necessary, including issues pertaining to prioritization, on behalf of the CINs.
• Work collaboratively in cooperation with Dignity MSO to ensure staff and employees effectively manage ongoing operations in line with driving excellence in operations and patient care.
• Ensure the integration of activities in line with network and market-wide initiatives to drive alignment, standardization, and streamlining and increase operational efficiency.
• Ensure compliance with regulations and governing rules of Dignity Health and the Clinically Integrated Network, and contracted payers to include Federal and State payers.
• Lead with vision and create a culture that reflects a patient care-focused environment. Work collaboratively in cooperation with Dignity MSO staff to effectively resolve operational, staff and financial issues pertaining to the practice.
• Oversee the operations of the contractual agreements in the assigned area of responsibility to ensure they relate to strategy, execution, adherence and maintenance of effective care center and network management.
• Analyze program goals and objectives given current health care trends, make accurate short- and long-term projections to establish program needs and resource requirements; and help to identify potential sources of funds and revenues to meet those requirements.
• Partner with analytics team to develop network reporting tools to evaluate and develop actionable reports to communicate to providers regarding risk assessments and cost efficiency opportunities.
• Collaborate with Dignity Health MSO in administrative support responsibilities including creating and managing annual operating budget, hiring and management of market/network staff and efficiency of centralized operating functions.
• Support program communication plan and execution.
• Drive initiatives that organizationally contribute to long-term operational excellence.
• Ensure the long term financial viability of the market/network in value based agreements.
• Define market/network needs and gaps in current capabilities. Assess network adequacy to resolve the gaps for all provider types (acute, ambulatory and
Post-acute) and build networks necessary to offer to payers and employers cost efficient quality solutions for their populations.
• Oversee physician partnerships creating a shared vision and fostering a relationship characterized by open communication, trust and the values of CINs and Dignity Health.
• Enhance, monitor and administer market/network physician incentive program payments.
• Ensure care center management and Clinically Integrated Network provides appropriate data and analytics to allow providers to effectively evaluate all aspects of the CIN performance.
• Responsible for driving change through a strong partnership and collaboration in managing VBA lives to achieve shared contractual costs and quality goals. Partnership will be with the leaders from local market IPAs, Clinically Integrated Network and Central CA hospitals and payers.
• Develop and motivate direct reports to effectively deliver upon individual and CIN objectives in an efficient and innovative manner. Recognize and reward a high performing workforce, including recognition for excellence in patient care, teamwork and collaboration.
• Lead by example and creates an environment that fosters Dignity Health's mission, vision, values and the Standards of Behavior and Conduct. Ensure management and employees are connected to how they contribute to the mission of patient care, provider support and community relations. Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders, leaders and staff.
• Effectively lead staff and employees in a manner that engages and retains well-qualified staff. Meet with staff and employees on frequent basis to effectively and timely disseminate information, gives staff opportunity for input on solving issues; improves communications, encourages effective teamwork and positive morale.
• Effectively engage staff and employees regarding the annual employee survey, including encouraging survey participation and developing an annual action plan based upon the results to drive continual improvement of the team's engagement. Demonstrate ownership and accountability of results and sets comprehensive team goals, which could include goals for personal improvement, and ensures goals are accomplished. Ensure staff is kept updated on progress and accomplishment of goals.
• Responsible for the development of transformative risk management solutions drawing from national best practices, analytics, personal expertise and creativity to deliver value based solutions and ensure an innovative network of providers.
• Develop and lead the strategy within the broad context of the system wide landscape by using performance measurements to guide strategic and operational decision-making.
• Participate with the CINs Board of Managers and all organizational committees meetings.
• Responsible for leading and managing the key day-to-day operational aspects of market/network development, management and risk arrangements.
• Demonstrate an ability to translate strategy to operational tactics. Focus efforts on actions that will have the greatest strategic impact. Strong operational knowledgeable about the functions and processes that contribute to operational performance. Educate management and staff on healthcare and business climate changes.
The Clinical Exercise Physiologist collaborates with multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive lifestyle modification services for individuals with chronic diseases. Responsible for developing and implementing treatment plan for own caseload. Participates in clinical and program decisions made by the Lifestyle Management Team.
- One year experience in lifestyle management, exercise training, prescription and supervision of medical patients required.
- M.S. or advanced degree in Exercise Physiology or related field required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Current ACLS certification required.
- Current ACSM certification preferred.
- RCEP (Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist) preferred.
- Two years experience in lifestyle management, exercise training, prescription and supervision of medical patients preferred.
The Cardiology Exercise Technician facilitates cardiac rehabilitation exercise sessions, while monitoring cardiovascular response to exercise. Knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology arrhythmia recognition. Knowledge of exercise physiology principles.
Dignity Health is seeking a dynamic Facility Administrator to oversee day-to-day operations of two NEW freestanding Emergency Medical Center/Urgent Care (FSED-UC) locations. These locations will support local communities with 24/7 Emergency services and Monday to Friday walk-in Urgent Care services and are planned to open in Fall 2019. This leader would manage teams in both locations, one in Glendale, AZ, and one in Litchfield, AZ.
The Facility Administrator will be accountable for operational, financial, clinical, quality, and business development activities in both locations. This leader will be responsible for leading, planning, directing, monitoring, and improving the overall performance focused on clinical excellence in the delivery of daily operations necessary to meet the needs of our patients. This role engages staff and cultivates a positive culture that prioritizes Humankindness and patient-centric care.
The ideal candidate would have clinical experience, with at least 3-years recently working in Emergency care. Leadership experience is preferred.
For more information about Dignity Health, please visit our website at https://www.dignityhealth.org.
Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI), Phoenix, Arizona, consistently ranked in the Top 20 institutions for neurology and neurosurgery by US News, has an opening for a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Clinical Neuropsychologist.
SUMMARY - The BNI staff neuropsychologist provides neuropsychological assessment and treatment services within the scope of their licensing, training, and clinical privileges, and supervises and teaches residents and/or fellows as indicated. Staff neuropsychologists with dedicated research time demonstrate productivity in research through publications and grant funding.
The selected individual will primarily conduct outpatient neuropsychological evaluations (including of monolingual Spanish or bilingual English/Spanish) individuals with known or suspected brain disorders.
Faculty members in the Neuropsychology department and the Center for Transitional Neuro-Rehabilitation participate in training neuropsychology residents (BNI currently takes 2-3 fellows per year in an APPCN-approved program). If not already board-certified in neuropsychology, the individual will be expected to be ABPP-certified within three years of employment.
Under direction from the clinical chairman, provides patient care in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
Come join our growing Family Medicine team at Dignity Health Medical Group! We are looking to expand our physician teams in Chandler, Maricopa, and Phoenix. We provide a patient and family centered medical home at each of our family medicine sites with comprehensive, compassionate care, centered on each individual patient, their language and culture.
We are seeking dynamic faculty physicians who are passionate about the health and well-being of our patients. Under direction of the clinical chairman, our physician provide patient care in both an inpatient and outpatient setting.
Under direction from the clinical chairman:
- provides patient care in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
- Residency teaching & precepting for Family Medicine Residency Program
- Serve as a key Faculty member of the core team
Dignity Health Medical Group (DHMG), one of the Valley's most respected team of physicians, is seeking Family Medicine providers. Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in preventive and patient centered care and chronic disease management with a focus on quality improvement. We are looking for team-oriented physicians that enjoy working with residents and medical students in an academic setting. DHMG supports a vibrant Family Medicine Residency Program sponsored by St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center (SJHMC) which is located on the hospital campus in Phoenix in a well-designed and beautifully appointed new facility.
SJHMC is also the medical school campus for Creighton University School of Medicine offering clinical clerkships to both 3rd and 4th year medical students. Physicians are eligible for academic appointment at Creighton University School of Medicine. Our faculty provide clinical services, have a pivotal role in teaching and serve in research and leadership roles. Dignity Health Medical Group (SJMG) is developing a patient and family centered medical home with comprehensive, compassionate care that is centered around each individual patient, their language and culture. The Family Medicine clinic is expanding with extended hours of operation, including evenings and Saturdays. We are looking for candidates with flexible schedules to accommodate the needs of our patients.
Located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, SJHMC is a 650+-bed, not-for-profit hospital that has been named the #1 Best Place to Work for an unprecedented third year in a row by the Phoenix Business Journal. SJHMC has also been named a Top 100 Best Place to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare two years running. Outdoor living in the "Valley of the Sun" affords a wide range of activities including hiking, cycling, snow skiing, water sports and sport fishing. With professional sports teams, wonderful restaurants and incomparable shopping, the Phoenix/Scottsdale area is among the most highly desirable areas of the country to live. These opportunities offer a perfect lifestyle balance. Located in Phoenix, AZ, this position is critical to the success of St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health. We are offering a competitive salary and generous benefits package that includes a relocation allowance. Qualified candidates are physicians that are board eligible or certified in their specialty, eligible for an Arizona license and credentialing at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center.
Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center is seeking board certified/board eligible hematologists to develop a benign hematology program to supplement our Centers of Excellence (COE). Those COEs include The University of Arizona Cancer Center at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s (includes all malignancies and Cellular Therapy), the Norton Thoracic Institute (one of the busiest lung transplant programs in the country), the Liver and Kidney Transplant program, Dignity Health Medical Group Internal Medicine and Surgical Specialists, and The Barrow Neurologic Institute.
Dignity Health Medical Group at Chandler Regional Medical Center (CRMC) in Chandler, AZ is seeking an Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon to join our growing and dynamic group. This physician will work daily with our strong team, which includes midlevel providers, supporting the new Level 1 Trauma Center.
Under direction from the clinical chairman, provides patient care in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
Title: Faculty Physician – Rheumatologist
Reports to: Chair, Department of Medicine
Dignity Health Medical Group at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center (CRMC) is actively seeking a Rheumatologist with an interest in developing a robust clinical and academic Rheumatology program. Our long tradition of academic Internal Medicine at St. Joseph’s dates back to the 1960s. Since that time, 8 additional specialty residency and subspecialty fellowship programs have been established and we continue to develop further ACGME accredited programs.The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented physician with a strong passion for patient care and teaching.
- MD or DO Degree
- Fellowship trained from an accredited Rheumatology program
- A passion for providing clinically excellent care
- Must have or be eligible for Arizona State medical licensure
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital/surgical privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center (SJHMC) is a 607-bed tertiary care hospital which is home to 8 residency programs. Our residents, faculty, and staff work collegially to provide patient-centered care for a diverse patient population in a variety of inpatient, outpatient, community-based and elective clinical settings. We are proud to continue SJHMC’s long tradition and unwavering commitment to caring for underserved and vulnerable populations in our community. We are also extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, St. Joseph's Heart & Lung Institute, the University of Arizona Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, and The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro rehabilitation, and other medical services. The Internal Medicine Residency Program trains 9 categorical residents and 3 preliminary interns per year. Our residents have achieved a high level of success both during and after residency. This is achieved via a rigorous program of clinical rotations, scholarly activity, didactic conferences, and a flexible, wide-ranged set of electives. Our highly-structured curriculum is innovative, learner-centered, and focused on high yield, clinically relevant, frequently-tested topics. Our graduates have achieved a 96% 3-year rolling board pass rate, a 77% fellowship match rate and a 100% job match rate in the past 3 years. In addition, our residents have presented at numerous regional and national scientific meetings and have been recognized for local, state-wide and national awards. Our comprehensive educational program trains physicians not only in the skills, attitudes, and knowledge required of competent and compassionate physicians, it also supports the continuous development of personal well-being through our Resident Wellness Program. Our dedicated teaching faculty serve as mentors and coaches to help each of our residents achieve their personal and professional goals.Additionally, SJHMC is also the site of the regional campus of Creighton University School of Medicine where 3rd and 4th year medical students complete two full years of clinical training, and is a clinical site for the University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix. The selected candidate is eligible and will be highly-encouraged to qualify for a faculty appointment at Creighton University and the University of Arizona. Dignity Health, one of the largest healthcare systems in the nation, is a growing organization with well-resourced, modern facilities and diverse practice opportunities. With more than 39 acute care hospitals in three states and 9,000 physicians, Dignity Health touches the lives of thousands of people and provides nearly $2 billion in charity care to the communities it serves.
EEO NO J1 Visas
Ahwatukee has a population of 81,000 people with a suburban atmosphere, just south of Tempe. With a median age of 38.5, and average household income just shy of $96,000, patients are comprised of families and singles of all walks of life. We are currently looking to add a passionate Family Physician as our Vice-Chair of family medicine to our Ahwatukee location. Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in patient centered care and chronic disease management with a focus on quality improvement and a history of—and passion for—serving in leadership roles. Above and beyond the traditional role of a clinician, this physician will be responsible for mentoring and coaching the physicians and advanced practitioners within several locations, providing guidance and evaluation when necessary to enhance patient care within the east valley.
Norton Thoracic Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is in search of Full Time Nocturnist Intensivist
This critical care position provides general medical care for the hospitalized patients. Successful candidates will be expected to provide exceptional patient care in a multidisciplinary setting, contribute to the education of residents/fellows in the surgical intensive care unit, demonstrate teamwork with midlevel providers and increase academic productivity of the Critical Care Department.
Under direction from the clinical chairman, provides patient care in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
The Faculty Staff Physician must be a member of the Medical Staff at St. Mary Medical Center and must be licensed by the State of California and currently certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. This position desires a subspecialty board certification or requires a designated description for specific positions in the Department of Medical Education or at the Hospital. The Faculty Staff Physician will have interests and aptitudes for teaching, learning, program administration, and academic creativity as defined by the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
The nurse practitioner is a professional registered nurse with advanced education and training in the primary care of adult and pediatric populations. The nurse practitioner is responsible for providing medical care to patients under the medical supervision of the Clinic Medical Director/designee. The nurse practitioner is also directed by standardized protocols and procedures which are appropriate to patient age. This position is credentialed through the Medical Staff. There is ongoing collaboration with the Mark Twain Medical Center Staff and other specialists in the area.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of the Organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support the Organization's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
The Nurse Practitioner is a professional registered nurse with advanced education and training in the primary care of adult and pediatric populations. The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing medical care to patients under the medical supervision of the Clinic Medical Director/designee. The Nurse Practitioner is also directed by standardized protocols and procedures which are appropriate to patient age. This position is credentialed through the Medical Staff. There is ongoing collaboration with the Mark Twain St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Staff and other specialists in the area. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of the Organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support the Organization's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan
Position Summary: The Family Nurse Practitioner, under the supervision of the attending physician, renders FNP services under the California guidelines. Supports the educational needs of Mercy Community Clinic as needed. Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Minimum one year of experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing and FNP Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing and FNP Graduate degree.
- BLS Certification through the American Heart Association (AHA)
- NP, DEA, and RN