Design, implementation, problem resolution, project management, scheduling, and tracking of all learning activities related to the organization's Learning Management System (LMS) and clinical documentation systems. Manages LMS logistics including course curriculum registration, rosters, and reports. Works closely with all departments to identify and achieve department and project goals related to online/e-learning education. Ensures LMS data/information is current with regulatory agency standards as well as best practice standards for service areas. Responsible for assessment and evaluation of LMS/e-learning processes and technology. Acts as a direct vendor liaison to ensure customer needs are met.
Located in Phoenix, Az, this position is critical to the success of St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Center and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health.
Animal Modeling Core Lab DirectorIvy Brain Tumor CenterJob Summary:Directs patient-derived xenograft model (PDX) development of brain tumors, plans and supervises preclinical trials with experimental drugs in PDX models.Other Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, and monitors daily project protocols. Collects, prepares, and maintains required research documentation, including pathology reports for each tumor tissue, molecular markers identified by pathology, and any additional genomic aberrations identified.
- Trains and manages the staff in performing tumor induction surgeries, preclinical drug treatment studies (including drug delivery by p.o/ i.p/i.v/sub-cutaneous), isolation and culture of tumor cells.
- Develops, recomnmends, and implements changes to procedures for various preclinical trials protocols.
- Assists with the preparation and delivery of internal/external presentations, conference reports, and manuscript submissions.
- Assists with the design, development, and writing of extramural and internal grant proposals.
The Genetic Counselor works as a member of a health care team providing risk assessment, education and supportive counseling to individuals and families at risk for; or diagnosed with a variety of inherited conditions. The Genetic Counselor will interpret genetic testing, support clinically-related genetics research and serve as an institute and community resource for aspects and issues related to human genetics.
Arizona Care Network (ACN) is a clinically integrated physician network and is a Dignity Health and Abrazo Health (Tenet) physician collaboration. The Population Health Medical Assistant (MA) is an employee of Dignity Health Managed Services Organization, a physician support organization owned by Dignity Health.
The Population Health MA supports the primary care teams in the network either remotely or embedded within a primary care office to improve compliance on population health initiatives such as annual wellness visits, quality care gap closure, and in network referrals. This position will not provide direct patient care but will execute standing orders for patients.
PRINCIPLES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly reviews patient charts for screening needs and quality gap closure as well as care coordination needs.
- Working under the appropriate physician licensure, the Population Health Medical Assistant uses standing orders as developed by the primary care physician to place orders for screening and quality gap closure needs.
- Performs chart prep prior to office visits for all ACN value based lives to identify open care gaps
- Manages in network referrals for all ACN value based lives
- Performs member outreach to schedule patient visits for campaigns such as annual wellness visits, well child visits, breast cancer screening and colorectal cancer screening.
- Helps coordinate follow up visits for transitions of care for ACN value based lives
- Transfers patient data regarding quality care gaps from clinic medical record to ACN population health management platforms.
- Proactively works payer care gap and frequent flier/high risk reports for all ACN value based lives.
- Works collaboratively with the primary care team as well as ACN clinical performance teams to effectively manage ACN value based lives.
- Fully discloses relevant training, experience and credentials, in order to help patients understand the scope of services they are qualified to provide
- If applicable; work in collaborative and cooperative matter with team in physician office embedded in, as well as with assigned PNC, CPR, , RN, SW as appropriate, and their supervisors.
- Basic understanding of ALOS, re-admission rates, Gaps in Care.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
At Dignity Health Chandler Regional Medical Center, we deliver humankindness through a wide range of health, social and support services in the heart of Chandler, Arizona. As part of our team, you will provide clinical expertise, support and oversight that helps ensure our patients receive exceptional care. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to champion the change by joining in our mission of healing through humankindness.
The CARE COORDINATION DEPARTMENT at Chandler Regional Medical Center plays a critical role in providing exceptional patient care to its birth to adult in-patient population. By coordinating the delivery of healthcare and social services while balancing individually identified patient and family, medical and psychosocial needs with cost-effective and available resources members of the Care Coordination Team are dedicated to furthering the mission of the Hospital.
POSITION SUMMARY: Legal Executive Coordinator
The Dignity Health Legal Department (“Legal Department”) is responsible for the provision of legal services and management of the legal affairs for Dignity Health and its hospitals, subsidiaries and affiliated businesses, including the Dignity Health Corporate Real Estate Department among others (“Dignity Health”). The Legal/Executive Coordinator (“Coordinator”):
Serves as a member of the Legal Department;
- Is a team member and integral part of the Real Estate Center of Excellence (“RECOE”), the functional division of the Legal Department that primarily supports Dignity Health’s Corporate Real Estate Department and Dignity Health facilities on their real estate, construction and leasing legal matters;
- Reports to the Senior Counsel, Real Estate & Construction (“Lead Attorney”) or his/her delegate, and any other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s);
- Performs complex administrative, secretarial and legal support for the Lead Attorney and any other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s);
- Possesses the demeanor, maturity, skill, discretion and professionalism to work and interact effectively with multiple and diverse constituencies who may be internal or external to Dignity Health and the Legal Department; and
- Strictly maintains the confidentiality of all privileged and other confidential, proprietary or non-public information that he/she may come across in the course of performing his/her duties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- The Coordinator will have the following key duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To provide general legal/executive administrative and secretarial support for the Lead Attorney and any other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s).
- At the direction of the Lead Attorney and any other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s), to prepare and proofread leases, construction contracts, real estate documents, agreements, contracts, memoranda, charts, presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence, and other reports or records in an effective and efficient manner using the Microsoft Office product suite (including, without limitation, Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint) and other technologies tools.
- To actively employ the Legal Department’s matter management solution (currently Practice Manager) and other technologies or tools maintained in the Legal Department in the performance of administrative services and support for the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s). In this regard, the Coordinator must be or become proficient in the use and capabilities of Practice Manager and other tools or technologies. Further, the Coordinator must learn, understand and actively apply the policies, procedures and conventions established by the Legal Department in connection with the use of its matter management solutions, databases, and other technologies or tools.
- To facilitate, manage, administer and assist with the day-to-day professional, executive and business activities and affairs of Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s). In this regard, the Coordinator must support and enhance the effective performance of the duties and responsibilities of the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s).
- To proactively manage the complex calendars of the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s), including the scheduling of multiple and conflicting appointments, conference calls (both small and large group calls), internal and external meetings, travel and other commitments. In this regard, the Coordinator must communicate with the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s) frequently to understand calendar priorities and resolve conflicting requests; have the capability to schedule multiple parties (both internal and external) concurrently; and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook’s calendar functions, including its calendar invitation functions.
- To plan and organize on-site and external meetings or conferences (including videoconferences and conference calls) that may be sponsored by the Legal Department, Lead Attorney or other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s), including to secure appropriate conference rooms and other internal or external meeting space or locations; to arrange for and/or secure any video, audio, technical or other equipment or technology required for the meetings; to plan for and arrange any meals or other similar items required for the meetings; to assist with the preparation and distribution of notices and agenda for meetings; and to provide administrative support for the meetings, when requested. The Coordinator also may attend meetings to transcribe or prepare minutes or other written records.
- To proactively plan and manage the travel arrangements of the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s), including the scheduling of airplane, hotel, rental car or transportation, and other travel arrangements. In this regard, the Coordinator must communicate with the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s) regularly to understand travel priorities, and must be or become proficient in the use of Concur (Dignity Health’s travel and expense reporting system) for travel and travel, airline, hotel or rental car websites.
- To prepare, manage and submit monthly expense reports for the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s). In this regard, the Coordinator must understand Dignity Health’s travel and entertainment policies and be or become proficient in the use of Concur for expense reporting.
- To establish, organize and maintain files and filing systems, including the maintenance of files in Practice Manager, SharePoint and other appropriate systems, for the retention of electronic, paper and other records for the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s) consistent with the requirements and practices of the Legal Department.
- To receive and manage mail for the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s) and independently answer correspondence or take appropriate action when requested or appropriate.
- To answer and receive phone calls and other communications from internal and external parties for the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s), to respond to such phone calls and communications in a professional, courteous and dignified manner, and to manage and facilitate the appropriate resolution of phone calls and communications (whether by taking a message, forwarding the call to another member of the Legal Department or otherwise).
- To support and assist the General Counsel, Vice President/Associate General Counsel – Legal Administration, Lead Attorney or others with the management and administration of the Legal Department, including assistance with special projects.
- To manage, organize and perform a variety of activities simultaneously (i.e., multi-task), while maintaining accurate and complete records and files.
- To demonstrate the judgment and maturity required to handle crisis or difficult situations ensuring that appropriate decisions are made and essential people are contacted in a timely manner to manage the crisis or situation.
- To strictly maintain the confidentiality of all privileged and other confidential, proprietary or non-public information or matters that he/she may come across in the course of performing his/her duties as the Coordinator, including company, transactional, personnel or administrative information and records.
- To maintain excellent working relationships and work collaboratively as a team member with and in support of (i) other members of the Dignity Health Legal Department (including attorneys, paralegals, other legal coordinators and paralegals), (ii) the Corporate Real Estate Department and their respective executive coordinators or other support staff, (iii) hospital leadership teams and their support staff (including corporate, service area and hospital leadership), and (iv) other internal and external constituencies.
- To demonstrate excellent human relations skills and the ability to exercise good judgment, dignity and discretion as it relates to the affairs of Dignity Health and the Legal Department.
- To proactively support the goals and initiatives of the Legal Department, both internally within the Legal Department and externally throughout Dignity Health.
- To (i) manifest a commitment to Dignity Health’s Mission and Core Values, (ii) act and demonstrate behavior consistent with the Dignity Health’s Core Values in fulfilling the duties and responsibilities described in this Position Description, and (iii) contribute to a positive working environment in the Legal Department for all employees.
- To perform other duties and responsibilities as may be requested from time to time by the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s).
In collaboration with the physician/medical director, assumes clinical responsibility for tasks performed within Nurse Practitioner's scope of practice. Including: taking patient's history, performing physical examinations, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, establishing diagnosis and provide care and management for common illnesses and disease prevention in the pediatric and adult patient. The NP may assist in the admission, transfer or discharge from Health Care System. Makes appropriate referrals to specialists and community agencies. Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement program. Works within multidisciplinary team to develop plan for the patient and their family. In addition to the routine duties of detailed in NP scope of practice the in-patient, specialty NP will provide care and management for acutely ill patients, respond to emergency situations, and may also see patients in the intensive care units.
JOIN US NOW as we are seeking a PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (PCT) to be part of our dynamic patient care team. Passionate about the health and well-being of our critically ill patients, assists patients with activities of daily living and provides direct patient care under supervision of Nurse, obtains and records patient vital signs, monitors and records daily intake and output, obtains specimens, including non-invasive body fluids and blood specimens and performs EKGs and blood glucose monitoring. This position also monitors and performs actions to decrease patient length of stay including but not limited to: performing timely designated discharge duties, and communicating discharge information to appropriate staff, assist Physician/Nurse with diagnostic tests, clinical procedures, and other tasks as requested, communicates patient needs and observed/reported changes in patient condition to supervising Nurse or Physician and assists nursing in the retrieval and delivering of medications per the unit standard.
Under direction from the clinical chairman, provides patient care in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
Provides operational support in addition to evaluation and implementation services for new products, technologies and solutions to address corporate business requirements.
Works beyond the routine utilizing specialized knowledge and analysis of multiple variables.
Has a comprehensive understanding and skillsets for supported platforms/products and environments. Effort and activities are divided between maintenance and support of existing environments, and implementation tasks. Project assignments can be large in scope but are typically of medium complexity.
- Provide exceptional customer service to Dignity Health end users, Business Stakeholders and other members of Dignity IT
- Perform daily production support activities
- Participate in team on-call rotations.
- Perform patching and code deployments across all environments
- Participate in projects associated to the enhancement, upgrade/patching, or implementation of new or existing technology solutions.
- Participates in support efforts between Enterprise IT Operations and other Dignity Health support teams.
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Initiate change management requests and adhere to the Dignity IT CM process.
- Perform source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines
- Provide ownership of technical issues within the IT Operations Team
- Assist with the design and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and alerting process across all IT Operations platforms
- Assist with strategic planning activities (capacity planning, process improvement, maintenance, upgrade and end-of-life planning, roadmap development)
- Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware as required.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement scripted solutions.
- Identify technical innovation and process improvement opportunities.
- Assist with the implementation of a comprehensive and ongoing release management and planning effort.
- Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and support performance metrics.
- Perform technical mentoring and cross training with other team members.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge & expertise with Dignity business processes and routines.
Under direction from the clinical chairman, provides patient care in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
Looking to pick up some additional shifts at $53.00 per hour (plus shift differential, if applicable)?
Now is the time to JOIN our ICU Registry RN's. Whether you pre-book your schedule or do daily scheduling, our Registry RN’s are required to sign-up to work a minimum of 3 shifts every two weeks and are paid on a weekly basis. Additional shifts maybe scheduled based on hospital needs. This position is critical to the success of St. Joseph's Hospital Medical Center- Westgate and requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Dignity Health.
Candidates must be willing to float to Procedural areas as well as MS as needed
The Nurse Navigator is assigned to a population of patients and provides individualized and comprehensive care to reduce barriers, coordinate diagnostic and treatment efforts and ensure prompt access to care. Applying the nursing process, the Nurse Navigator performs clinical assessments; education on disease process, plan of care and treatment modalities; and symptom management to support patients through the complexity of their care continuum. The Nurse Navigator collaborates and communicates effectively with the multidisciplinary team to effectively coordinate patient care, ensure continuity of care and create a comfortable and exceptional patient experience. The Nurse Navigator initiates referrals to appropriate inter-disciplinary teams for physical, psycho-social and spiritual support through all stages of the continuum of care.
JOIN US NOW as we are seeking a dedicated EVS SVC SPEC who is compassionate and shares our passion for our patients, families and hospital visitors to provide excellent cleaning services to an assigned area using standard operating procedures. Provides cleaning of patient care rooms, waiting rooms, offices and other locations as needed. The Environmental Services Surgical Specialist is allowed access to medication and storage rooms for cleaning purposes.
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Molecular PET and MR Imaging of Glioma
A postdoctoral position is available at Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) working with Dr. Chad Quarles and the Translational Bioimaging Group. The position will primarily focus on the use of amino acid PET and multi-parametric MR imaging for improved tumor margin delineation. The project will be supported by new NIH, state and foundation awards and include both clinical and preclinical imaging.
Outstanding instrumental resources, including multiple clinical MRI and PET/CT systems, 7T preclinical MRI, microCT, microPET and optical imaging scanners are available at the BNI. In addition, collaborators within the BNI and Phoenix valley possess exceptional expertise in neurology, neurosurgery, neurooncology, pathology, molecular and genomic characterization, and patient derived xenograft models of brain tumors.
Our laboratory is working on discovery of mechanisms and potential therapies for human vascular malformations using non-clinical models, cell culture, and molecular approaches. We are looking for a research technician who will work with lab personnel for various projects. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the Life Science, and have basic knowledge in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, and genetics. Candidates who have undergraduate research experience preferred. Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Performs standard procedures as a laboratory professional with some degree of independence under the general supervision of a PI or Research Technician.
At Dignity Health St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center, we deliver humankindness through a wide range of health, social and support services in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. As part of our team, you will provide clinical expertise, support and oversight that helps ensure our patients receive exceptional care. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to champion the change by joining in our mission of healing through humankindness.
Our programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitative Facilities (CARF). Consider a career at the BARROW NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE (BNI) at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center where you will be a part of a dynamic healthcare team working in a world-renowned 52-bed state-of-the-art acute REHABILITATION Center of Excellence. The BNI at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center has long been known for the amazing treatments, procedures and care that it provides to its patients. What many people don't realize is the road to recovery often doesn't end after initial treatment or surgery. Barrow's Inpatient Rehab Unit offers these patients and their families the assistance, knowledge and skills they need. We offer you the opportunity to care for the whole person, treat medically complex conditions, participate in new technology and treatments; and watch improvements while touching the lives of these patients in a ways that profoundly enhance their quality of life, and returns them to the community.
The Rehab Technician performs patient related care tasks (direct bedside and therapeutic care). Assists patients with activities of daily living and provides direct patient care under supervision of the Licensed Nurse and or Licensed Therapist.
Obtains and records patient vital signs. Monitors and records daily intake and output. Obtains specimens, including non-invasive body fluids and blood specimens. Performs EKG's and blood glucose monitoring. Monitors and performs actions to decrease patient length of stay including but not limited to: use of computerized Bed Tracking System, performing timely designated discharge duties, and communicating discharge information to appropriate staff. Assists Physician/ Licensed Nurse/ or Licensed Therapist with diagnostic tests, clinical procedures, and other tasks as requested.
Communicates patient needs and observed/reported changes in patient condition to supervising Licensed Nurse, Physician or Licensed Therapist. Documents all interactions in patient's medical record as directed by Licensed Nurse, Physician or Licensed Therapist. Assists Licensed Therapist in performing therapeutic procedures. Carries out assigned rehab tech duties such as cleaning treatment areas, completing equipment maintenance and transporting patients as necessary.
Position Summary: Manages Transplant Services including program design and implementation, financial and human resources management, marketing, public relations, strategic planning, and facilitating managed care contracting. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Initiates the planning, development, and implementation of all solid organ transplantation programs. Establishes regular and effective communication with the transplant staff, transplant surgeons, physicians, and Director.
- Establishes and maintains communications with local and national organizations, agencies, and professional associations to share information relating to the development and operations of the transplant program and its functions.
- Works with Public Relations Department and transplant physicians to develop, implement, and manage all aspects of marketing development activities.
- Manages operational aspects of managed care contracts. Manages Medicare organ acquisition cost center(s).
Under direction from the clinical chairman:
- provides patient care in both the inpatient and outpatient setting
- Residency teaching & precepting for Family Medicine Residency Program
- Serve as a key Faculty member of the core team
The Neuroscience Nursing Department at Barrow Neurological Institute comprises experienced, world-class nurses who possess specialized knowledge of diseases and disorders of the nervous system. Our reputation as a leader not only in the clinical realm but also in research and innovation has positioned us at the forefront of neuroscience nursing. Barrow officially launched its neuroscience nursing program on the day that the first neurosurgical units opened in 1962 with just 28 neuroscience nurses. Since then, we have expanded our team to include over 400 neuroscience nurses.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will design, organize, implement, and evaluate evidence-based educational programs, orientations, and continuing education that facilitate the professional growth, skill development, and competency of staff. These programs primarily support the organization's mission, vision, values and strategic goals to ensure quality, safety, and service in patient and family-centered care. You will demonstrate experience in specific area of clinical nursing that has been further developed through master’s preparation in nursing. The patient population may be further defined according to age group; psychological, social, cultural, biophysical systems; or patient status on health-illness continuum. The scope of practice encompasses use of nursing process in major areas: practice, education, consultation, research and administration. The CNS will be accountable for promoting excellence in clinical nursing practice and responsible for knowledge driven outcomes management, advance clinical practice, education to staff, patient, family and community. The CNS will also serve as a clinical consultant to staff, hospital administration, physician, patients, family and community.
The neuroscience nursing team at Barrow is one that prides itself on treating each patient with dignity and respect. Our 64-bed NEUROSCIENCE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT specializes in treating patients with neurological injuries and diseases that may require endovascular intervention, brain and spinal tumors, subarachnoid hemorrhages, and neuro-trauma patients and has allowed us to touch over 5,000 patients each year. These advances in surgical techniques, pharmacology, or imaging techniques help improve patient care, but there is no substitute for human touch, compassion, and care that nurses offer.
CNS, “clinical nurse specialist”, neuro, neurosurgery, nurse, staff nurse, registered nurse, RN, “Masters of science in Nursing"