Click column header to sort
In keeping with the Dignity Health care philosophy, the Unit Based Educatorworks collaboratively with Manager/Director of Education, Coordinators of Clinical Education (Educators)and the managers/directors of their specialty department(s).to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, document and coordinate clinical educational opportunities for appropriate nursing staff in their specialty department(s) to promote advanced skill levels. They observe staff within the unit for competency demonstration, provides assessment of that competency, identifies educational needs for staff, and provides hands-on training within the assigned department. The Unit Based Educator utilizes the nursing process to intervene with patient, family, staff and community. As a member of the Education Department,, the Unit Based Educator acts as an educator, expert of clinical practice, researcher (disseminates, utilization, & conducts), and clinical leadership with nursing staff and the multidisciplinary team. The person in this role will work as a team with the Coordinators of Clinical Education (Educators) in the department when project or education deem all educators working collaboratively.They are a resource regarding the standards andregulations pertaining to the specialty area of nursing. The Unit Based Educator reports directly to the Manager of Education providing services to the Central Coast Service Area South at both St John's Regional Medical Center and St John's Pleasant Valley Hospital.
This position is represented by SEIU, Local 121RN, and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
The Urology Residency Program Director reports to the Director of Academic Affairs/Designated Institutional Officer (DIO).
The Program Director will support the Director of Academic Affairs/DIO by providing reports on all aspects of graduate medical education and clinical delivery services provided by the residents as well as oversight of the clerical function of the SJMC Urology Residency Program.
The incumbent is responsible for assuring that residents in the SJMC designated specialty Residency receive clinical medical training in the designated specialty of that meets and exceeds the ACGME Special Requirements for Graduate Training in designated specialty
The position is responsible for:
- Developing curriculum, coordinating and presenting didactic lectures, integrating designated specialty principles with the medical curriculum, overseeing education and clinical care in all program-related patient care areas, and both supervising and conducting medical care to the residency program patients.
- Monitoring and evaluating resident progress and coordinating resident training with other medical faculty, other clinical providers and staff, and other educational program components at St Joseph's Medical Center and other off-site facilities.
This position is identified to the ACGME as the program director. This position is responsible for the oversight and direction of the residents as well as participation in all of the educational and clinical activities of the SJMC designated specialty Residency Program on a daily basis. This includes supervising, conducting, coordinating, directing, and controlling both patient care and educational efforts of the department in order to provide clinical and teaching support to the residents, other trainees, other faculty physicians, other clinicians and educators of the program. A unique feature of the incumbent's role is to counsel, advise and direct resident physician trainees regarding their clinical and educational development within the residency program. In addition, the incumbent will participate in the evaluation, interviewing, ranking and selecting of qualified applicants to the residency on an annual basis.
The incumbent will participate in the assurance of compliance with the changing and evolving requirements of outside accrediting, licensing, and surveying agencies.
Freedom to Act:
As the identified direct contact for ACGME the incumbent has the freedom to make major changes to the program according to ACGME guidelines. This position has the accountability and authority to develop curriculum, standards and evaluation tools in clinical designated specialty education; to teach, consult, counsel and evaluate performance. In conjunction with other faculty, the incumbent has the authority to assure academic due process where disciplinary action is required. The incumbent is to work independently, to initiate tasks within the residency program and to complete all assigned tasks.
The RN Utilization Management Coordinator (UMC) is responsible for assessing, planning, facilitating and advocating for options and services through a continuum of care from point of contact through discharge on assigned patients.The RN UMC performs this role in such a manner as to meet the individuals health needs while promoting quality and cost effective outcomes. The position emphasis will be on care coordination, communication and collaboration with nursing, physicians, therapy services, insurers and post acute service providers to pace the care toward optimal outcomes within the appropriate level of care. The RN UMC will provide oversite to the interdisciplinary team to ensure a smooth plan of care. The UMC participates in development and promotion of service line, represents Behavioral Health Care services and participates in interdepartmental meetings and work teams. The UMC will advocate for the patient and family by identifying and valuing patient choice, spiritual needs, cultural, language and socioeconomic barriers to care transitions. In addition, the UMC will protect confidentiality while striving to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction.
The Utilization Review LVN uses clinical judgement in providing utilization management services. The focus is to provide high quality, cost-effective care which will enable patients to achieve maximum medical improvement while receiving care deemed medically necessary. The LVN assists in determining appropriateness, quality and medical necessity of referral requests using pre-established guidelines. This position supports Mercy Medical Group in effective management of the managed care patient. This position may be assigned cases in pre-authorization areas, in skilled nursing facility review or in concurrent review.
This position will review medical records, benefit, contractual and other guidelines to determine benefit coverage, medical appropriateness including, access, scope availability, and level of care considerations. Position updates and processes member records. Position Assists Member Services Dept, Claim Dept. and Physician and ancillary Providers and Health Plans with issues that require medical interpretation, research or clarification. Position performs audits of various medical records and documentation as needed. Position works closely with Primary Care and Specialist physicians, Medical Director, ancillary providers and case management to coordinate member care. Position performs function of a clinical resource to non-licensed staff. Develops support tools for communication of standards and expectations.
Responsibilities may include:
- Reviews and approves prior authorization requests for medical necessity within NCQA timelines using the predetermined criteria provided by the different plans and UM Committee criteria.
- Responsible for timely and appropriate denial letters that meet standards, coordinating with other team members, printing and distribution of letters.
- Reviews correct CPT, HCPC, ICD-9 codes for each referral.
- Revises request if incorrect; received and responds to all mail, fax and other correspondence.
- Clarifies information and answers prior authorization questions from medical offices and providers.
- Performs audit of prior authorization database to monitor timelines set by NCQA.
- Prepares frequent emergency room usage information for UM management.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or director.
The Utilization Review RN will review medical records, benefit, contractual and other guidelines to determine benefit coverage, medical appropriateness including, access, scope availability, and level of care considerations. The UR RN will also update and process member records, assiss Member Services Dept, Claim Dept. and Physician and ancillary Providers and Health Plans with issues that require medical interpretation, research or clarification, and perform audits of various medical records and documentation as needed.
The UR RN works closely with Primary Care and Specialist physicians, Medical Director, ancillary providers and case management to coordinate member care. This position performs the function of a clinical resource to non-licensed staff, and develops support tools for communication of standards and expectations.
Position Summary: Directs nursing practice in the hospital and assigned business entities maintaining consistent and high-quality standards of patient care. Develops and deploys nursing policies, objectives, and initiatives for the department; reviews departmental operations to ensure compliance with established standards. Ensures that activities and/or operations are appropriately integrated with the strategic plan. Ensures the provision of quality care and services through the cost effective management of the facilities. Participates in the development of hospital wide patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how the care needs of patient populations are assessed, evaluated and met. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Manages the resources (e.g. staff, materials and finances) of the nursing department; plans and directs all nursing activities in that facility.
- Develops and deploys nursing policies, objectives, and initiatives for the department; reviews departmental operations to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Drives the delivery of quality and cost-effective patient care; oversees the performance of nursing staff.
- Develops the overall competency level of nursing staff; coordinates quality enhancement and process improvement tasks.
- Implements effective and ongoing programs to measure, assess, and improve the quality of care/services provided to patients/customers. Implements operational improvements using appropriate data and benchmarking in conjunction with effective use of process improvement techniques.
- Ensures that activities and/or operations are appropriately integrated with the strategic plan while making sure the provision of quality care and services through the cost effective management of the facility.
- Participates in the development of hospital wide patient care programs, policies and procedures that describe how the care needs of patient populations are assessed, evaluated and met
- Assists and advises the President and CEO in establishing and executing strategic business plans to achieve operational objectives and in formulating and implementing best practices and policies
Position Summary: Coordinates facility processes with centralized finance to ensure a strong internal control environment to safeguard assets and produce timely, consistent, and accurate financial information. Communicates results in a timely and straightforward manner. Serves as key accountable hospital liaison for the facility's Revenue Cycle. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Oversees budgeting and long term financial planning for the hospital in order to achieve the organization's mission and vision through short-term and long-term goals.
- Represents the organization and its directors and officers in hospital-related financial affairs, including the presentation of financial results and complex industry and regulatory issues impacting the hospital and its related entities. Accountable for the content and professionalism of the hospital's business plans.
- Participates as a contributing leader in the hospital's strategy and business development functions and activities.
- Participates in the preparation and execution of policies, procedures and plans required for effective hospital operations and regulatory compliance.
The Workforce Analyst primarily uses analytic techniques to create insights HR Business Partners use in optimizing how our workforce supports strategic business outcomes. This often blends consulting and analytic skillsets, as the effective Workforce Analyst must first understand the strategic goals of a client to effectively model ways that the workforce is supporting or could better support such goals. Analytic techniques are both quantitative and qualitative – Often requiring assembly of existing data from an HRIS, Learning or Applicant Tracking system but sometimes requiring the collection of new data through interviews or survey instruments. Occasionally analytics require creation of workforce data that is not readily available and in such cases the Workforce Analyst develops cross-functional partnerships to facilitate creation of constructs such as a Total Cost of Workforce or Risk of Exit model. The Workforce Analyst communicates the results of models that are often complex and nuanced in an understandable and compelling manner to both leaders who use results for strategic direction and peers who use results for tactical action.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Creates complex statistical analyses and predictive models of workforce performance, outcomes, and the relationships between the workforce and hospital and clinical operational functions. Independently analyzes and communicates the impact of workforce programs and strategies on operational outcomes across the organization. Independently creates analytical products based on business requirements. Uses Excel, SAS, R, SPSS or similar to build or combine datasets; conducts analyses such as Multiple Regression, Path Analyses and Random Forests to build insight.
- Builds relationships with clients to understand business strategies, workforce strategies, and areas where analytic insight can add value and provide direction to influence decision makers.
- Independently analyzes and combines data from a variety of disparate data sources to create meaningful analyses for system leaders. Researches and recommends targets for key metrics and performance indicators using external benchmarks and internal data.
- Communicates results of data analyses and data definitions to customers in a clear and compelling manner, using written, verbal, and other mediums. Collaborates with customers to understand the operational processes and clinical documentation practices which result in the data to be analyzed. Makes recommendations about how to improve performance based on that understanding. Skillful use of data storytelling to communicate the “takeaways” for customers. Independently gathers business requirements for analytics projects and products.
- Acts as a change agent for advancing analytics and data-driven decision making within the organization. Develops and executes analytic training plans. Participates in high level system-wide projects as a data or analytic subject matter expert. Mentors and advises data analysts and senior data analysts in understanding source and meaning of data and to create effective analyses.
The Wound Care Coordinator is a Registered Nurse who functions as clinical leader for the services on his/her assigned shift. Supporting the role of California Hospital Medical Center in delivering high quality health care services within acceptable economic limits, the Wound Care Coordinator plans, organizes, leads, delegates, and controls the activities related to wound care treatment in which she is called for consultation. She participates actively in various committee and task forces as delegated by the Manager.
The Incumbent provides, coordinates and directs care to individuals and families using a holistic approach. The nursing process is used as a structured mechanism for critical thinking and problem solving in providing effective and appropriate care within a safe and confidential environment from admission to discharge. The Incumbent is responsible for collaborating with members of the healthcare team, providing leadership, personal/professional development, and conducting him/herself professionally.
wound care, WCC, WOCN
The Wound Care Nurse is a skilled and experienced professional Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for the development, coordination, intervention, and monitoring of the Neurological Care Unit's Wound Care Program. The Wound Care Nurse provides expert direction and support, establishes standards of care and clinical competencies to meet patient needs, and training to ensure quality clinical care. The Wound Care Nurse is responsible for quality initiatives and compliance. The wound care nurse works collaboratively with the medical staff, and provides education to patients, caregivers and staff on wound, ostomy and continence care. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Community Hospital of San Bernardino. it is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Community Hospital of San Bernardino strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement process and activities.
The Wraparound Facilitator provides high quality home/community-based mental health services for children and their families. He/she is responsible for supervising the interdisciplinary family service team and ensures that services are provided in adherence with the service plan. He/she will be supervised by a licensed clinical supervisor in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners. He/she will display professional skills in diagnosis and assessment, case management, treatment planning, psychotherapy, and utilization review. The Wraparound Facilitator will operate in accordance with all regulations and standards of the State of California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners, the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health, and the Department of Child and Family Services.Experience providing services to at-risk children and families through the Department of Mental Health and the Department of Children and Family Services.
This position is to provide a liaison between the Children's Centers and the youth to whom the Centers provide services. The Youth Peer Mentor represents the youth perspective to the Center as policies and procedures are developed in consideration of the needs of the youth served and their families. The Youth Peer Mentor will provide clients with resources and alternatives that best meet the needs of the youth served.