The RN maintains a clean, organized, and safe environment, and performs patient care services that support the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program under the direction of the PCMH program manager. This includes assisting in scheduling patients for examinations or procedures, relaying instructions from the physician to a patient or authorized person, and collecting patient data, documenting patient concerns, patient messages, and care provided to the patient in the patient's medical record for the physician's review. Provides leadership to support staff.
The PCMH RN coordinates care and collaborates with multiple disciplinary team members across the continuum of care. Through assessments to determine unmet needs and using the individual's care plan, the PCMH RN evaluates and identifies knowledge gaps of disease process and treatments, determines appropriate resources or services required to meet an individual's health needs, provides education/coaching on disease self-management for health promotion and maintenance, monitors patient's progress, promotes quality cost effective outcomes with the goal of improved care coordination amongst providers and increased involvement of the individual/family/caregiver in the decision making process to reduce hospitalizations, readmissions and ER visits.
This position will involve telephonic case management and arranging follow up at clinic appointments and/or home visits as needed. Travel may be required. As a part of the Patient Centered Medical Home Team the PCMH RN will be responsible for assisting Medical Assistants with pro-active patient outreach to high risk populations of patients by generating and using failed metrics reports, coordinate and perform pre-visit planning activities, will schedule protocol based labs and tests per standing order, implement other standing orders, perform care coordination activities and health coaching to support the patient centered medical home and population health management initiatives for high risk patient populations. Will help to develop, teach, and assist with the use of concepts and tools in the Dignity Health Mercy Medical Group PCMH programs. Will deliver a high level of customer service for internal and external customers resulting in increased patient and provider satisfaction.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assesses physical, psychosocial and other needs to ensure individualized care plan captures patient's current healthcare needs.
- Identifies psychosocial aspects of anticipated care needs determining when Social Worker intervention is needed.
- Assess adherence with prescribed treatment plan and identify barriers to adherence and methods of minimizing such barriers for optimal health and resource utilization such as financial, psychosocial, cultural, language.
- Continually evaluates and documents patient's response and progression to the care plan and goals updating care plan with prioritized and measurable goals.
- When barriers are identified, assists the patient and the family/caregiver in developing, documenting and implementing appropriate plans to access agencies, resources and care providers.
- Supports the medical management plan provided by the patient's primary and specialty providers and educates patient on established treatment options.
- Promotes patient self-management, problem solving and empowers patient, family and/or caregiver to achieve maximum levels of wellness and independence. Self-management plans will be identified on 90% of chart audits.
- Coordinate and facilitate care conferences for complex patients with a patient-focused multidisciplinary team and Primary Care Physicians communicating changes in patient care needs, developing treatment plans and coordinating services to address problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
All employees are expected to perform their duties in alignment with the vision and values of the organization. The person doing this job is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost effective manner. Under the general guidance of the Rehab Director,administers patient evaluations, plans and implements patient treatment proficiently for all assigned patient diagnoses.
Assigns ICD-10-CM code number to diagnoses, complications and procedures. Assigned the CPT4/HCPCS codes to procedure codes. Abstracts statistical data from medical records for entry into the SMS information system.
POSITION SUMMARY: Legal Executive Coordinator
The Dignity Health Legal Department (“Legal Department”) is responsible for the provision of legal services and management of the legal affairs for Dignity Health and its hospitals, subsidiaries and affiliated businesses, including the Dignity Health Corporate Real Estate Department among others (“Dignity Health”). The Legal/Executive Coordinator (“Coordinator”):
Serves as a member of the Legal Department;
- Is a team member and integral part of the Real Estate Center of Excellence (“RECOE”), the functional division of the Legal Department that primarily supports Dignity Health’s Corporate Real Estate Department and Dignity Health facilities on their real estate, construction and leasing legal matters;
- Reports to the Senior Counsel, Real Estate & Construction (“Lead Attorney”) or his/her delegate, and any other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s);
- Performs complex administrative, secretarial and legal support for the Lead Attorney and any other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s);
- Possesses the demeanor, maturity, skill, discretion and professionalism to work and interact effectively with multiple and diverse constituencies who may be internal or external to Dignity Health and the Legal Department; and
- Strictly maintains the confidentiality of all privileged and other confidential, proprietary or non-public information that he/she may come across in the course of performing his/her duties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- The Coordinator will have the following key duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To provide general legal/executive administrative and secretarial support for the Lead Attorney and any other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s).
- At the direction of the Lead Attorney and any other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s), to prepare and proofread leases, construction contracts, real estate documents, agreements, contracts, memoranda, charts, presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence, and other reports or records in an effective and efficient manner using the Microsoft Office product suite (including, without limitation, Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint) and other technologies tools.
- To actively employ the Legal Department’s matter management solution (currently Practice Manager) and other technologies or tools maintained in the Legal Department in the performance of administrative services and support for the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s). In this regard, the Coordinator must be or become proficient in the use and capabilities of Practice Manager and other tools or technologies. Further, the Coordinator must learn, understand and actively apply the policies, procedures and conventions established by the Legal Department in connection with the use of its matter management solutions, databases, and other technologies or tools.
- To facilitate, manage, administer and assist with the day-to-day professional, executive and business activities and affairs of Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s). In this regard, the Coordinator must support and enhance the effective performance of the duties and responsibilities of the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s).
- To proactively manage the complex calendars of the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s), including the scheduling of multiple and conflicting appointments, conference calls (both small and large group calls), internal and external meetings, travel and other commitments. In this regard, the Coordinator must communicate with the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s) frequently to understand calendar priorities and resolve conflicting requests; have the capability to schedule multiple parties (both internal and external) concurrently; and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook’s calendar functions, including its calendar invitation functions.
- To plan and organize on-site and external meetings or conferences (including videoconferences and conference calls) that may be sponsored by the Legal Department, Lead Attorney or other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s), including to secure appropriate conference rooms and other internal or external meeting space or locations; to arrange for and/or secure any video, audio, technical or other equipment or technology required for the meetings; to plan for and arrange any meals or other similar items required for the meetings; to assist with the preparation and distribution of notices and agenda for meetings; and to provide administrative support for the meetings, when requested. The Coordinator also may attend meetings to transcribe or prepare minutes or other written records.
- To proactively plan and manage the travel arrangements of the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s), including the scheduling of airplane, hotel, rental car or transportation, and other travel arrangements. In this regard, the Coordinator must communicate with the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s) regularly to understand travel priorities, and must be or become proficient in the use of Concur (Dignity Health’s travel and expense reporting system) for travel and travel, airline, hotel or rental car websites.
- To prepare, manage and submit monthly expense reports for the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s). In this regard, the Coordinator must understand Dignity Health’s travel and entertainment policies and be or become proficient in the use of Concur for expense reporting.
- To establish, organize and maintain files and filing systems, including the maintenance of files in Practice Manager, SharePoint and other appropriate systems, for the retention of electronic, paper and other records for the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s) consistent with the requirements and practices of the Legal Department.
- To receive and manage mail for the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s) and independently answer correspondence or take appropriate action when requested or appropriate.
- To answer and receive phone calls and other communications from internal and external parties for the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s), to respond to such phone calls and communications in a professional, courteous and dignified manner, and to manage and facilitate the appropriate resolution of phone calls and communications (whether by taking a message, forwarding the call to another member of the Legal Department or otherwise).
- To support and assist the General Counsel, Vice President/Associate General Counsel – Legal Administration, Lead Attorney or others with the management and administration of the Legal Department, including assistance with special projects.
- To manage, organize and perform a variety of activities simultaneously (i.e., multi-task), while maintaining accurate and complete records and files.
- To demonstrate the judgment and maturity required to handle crisis or difficult situations ensuring that appropriate decisions are made and essential people are contacted in a timely manner to manage the crisis or situation.
- To strictly maintain the confidentiality of all privileged and other confidential, proprietary or non-public information or matters that he/she may come across in the course of performing his/her duties as the Coordinator, including company, transactional, personnel or administrative information and records.
- To maintain excellent working relationships and work collaboratively as a team member with and in support of (i) other members of the Dignity Health Legal Department (including attorneys, paralegals, other legal coordinators and paralegals), (ii) the Corporate Real Estate Department and their respective executive coordinators or other support staff, (iii) hospital leadership teams and their support staff (including corporate, service area and hospital leadership), and (iv) other internal and external constituencies.
- To demonstrate excellent human relations skills and the ability to exercise good judgment, dignity and discretion as it relates to the affairs of Dignity Health and the Legal Department.
- To proactively support the goals and initiatives of the Legal Department, both internally within the Legal Department and externally throughout Dignity Health.
- To (i) manifest a commitment to Dignity Health’s Mission and Core Values, (ii) act and demonstrate behavior consistent with the Dignity Health’s Core Values in fulfilling the duties and responsibilities described in this Position Description, and (iii) contribute to a positive working environment in the Legal Department for all employees.
- To perform other duties and responsibilities as may be requested from time to time by the Lead Attorney and other assigned attorney(s) or paralegal(s).
Provides professional nursing care in accordance with the nursing process and BRN scope of practice.
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST NUCLEAR MEDICINENorthridge Hospital Medical Center
Prospective candidate is responsible for upholding Dignity Health visions, Values and guiding principles by communicating those values in a positive and professional manner. Will be expected to perform routine Nuclear Medicine procedures.
- High School Diploma.
- Min three (3) years working experience in a hospital and radiology department as a Nuclear Medicine Tech.
- Must have successfully completed formal Nuclear Medicine training in a AMA approved school.
- License is required as issued by ARRT.
The Social Worker is responsible for performing social work assessments and interventions as needed for inpatients, outpatients and emergency department patients. They are dedicated to patient and family centered care that values personal self-determination, skilled at managing multiple priorities at once, and engaging in creative, compassionate and ethical problem-solving. As a member of a multidisciplinary health team, they perform comprehensive assessments and develop treatment plans that integrate the medical, social and resource issues that impact individual patients, families and at risk populations. Social Workers are responsible for working collaboratively with all health-care team members to develop and implement treatment plans that support patient-centered plan of care for both individual patients and the medical community.
- The functions of the Social Worker includes crisis intervention, patient /family intervention, high risk screening, brief counseling, referring for financial or other identified resource needs, arrange and facilitate family/patient representative meetings with the health care team as needed, assist in post acute placement on complex discharges and engagement of appropriate agencies or community resources when high risk patients are identified.
- The Social Worker establishes and maintains professional relationships with physicians, case managers, nursing staff, county agencies, community resources, patients and families.
- The position will be required to serve on hospital committees and take part in developing and presenting in-services to Hospital staff.
- Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patients rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
- Advocacy & Education: Patient/Family Self Care Management, Patient/Family Health Management Education, Bioethics Referrals & Management, Physician, Staff & Community Education, Care Coordination Education & Training, Risk Management Identification & Referral
- Psychosocial Management: Crisis Intervention, Psychosocial Assessment/Functioning, Counseling Support & Referral, Abuse/Neglect Identification & Referral (Partner, Child, Elder), Family Issues Affecting Care, Coping/Emotional Adjustment, Grief/Bereavement Support (Individual & Group), Adoption Resources, Health/Wellness Promotion, Substance Abuse Screening/Resources, Psychiatric Screening/Behavior, Management, Staff Support and Crisis Intervention (Critical Incident Stress Debriefing)
- Patient/Family Care Conferences: Interdisciplinary Care Communication/Coordination, Continuity of Care Planning Management.
- Continuity/Transition Management: As part of Care Coordination team, facilitation of Patient decisions and communications regarding post-acute care; professional responsibility for knowledge of community resources related to social work scope of service and functions and social worker discretion; maintaining appropriate up to date resource lists; education for patients/families about availability of community resources, mental health service coordination, Hospice
- Community Resource Coordination; Life Care Planning, Palliative/End-of-Life Care, expert consultation on health care resource management; team and patient education regarding CCS/Medicare/Medi-Cal/SSI
- Performance & Outcomes Management: Understanding of Federal/State/Local Regulatory Agency Compliance, Joint Commission Standards Compliance, Evidenced Based Practice; Understanding of Organizational Financial Performance/Management, Length of Stay, Cost per Case, Revenue Cycle.
The Post-Partum Registered Nurse provides care for post-partum patients and their newborns under the direction of the Maternal Child Director. Additionally, the post-partum nurse may attend deliveries and C-sections; and care for ante partum, and post-gynecological patients.
- The registered nurse employs critical thinking to integrate objective data with knowledge gained from an assessment of the subjective experiences of patients.
- Registered nurses use this critical thinking process to apply the best available evidence and research data to the processes of diagnosis and treatment.
- Nurses continually evaluate quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and seek to optimize outcomes.
- Medical/clinical knowledge, technical and clinical skills, clinical judgment, interpersonal skills and communication as indicated in the current Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals are essential components of nursing practice.
This position is represented by CNA and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
About This Position
In keeping with the Marian Medical Center health care philosophy, the Registered Nurse manages quality patient care through the nursing process. Coordinates plan of care with the health care team. Assumes leadership role for unit personnel to prepare and assist them with their responsibilities. Employees are responsible for completion of unit competency assessments, annual safety review, CPR, and renewal of license by maintaining continuing education units as required by hospital policy.
Position Summary: Responsible for the design, coordination, implementation and management of the Performance Improvement (PI) plan and identify opportunities for improved patient care, incorporate evidence-based practices, and improve patient outcomes. Provides leadership in defining, implementing and integrating quality, safety, service and efficiency strategies into the plans, policies, and organizational processes that affect the organization’s operations and strategic direction. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Establishes performance improvement goals annually with relevant stakeholders, ensures that the PI plan and the hospital-focused projects for the year are implemented and effectiveness evaluated annually.
- Provides leadership in developing quality improvement training programs and coaches organizational clinical/service lines and operational/support departments in quality improvement principles.
- Develops and implements processes and formats that support data collection, aggregation, analysis, and action planning. Assures data is managed appropriately and disseminated to appropriate leadership staff.
- Collaborates with the Medical Staff and Organizational Leadership to develop and enhance safe patient care while achieving optimal outcomes, including the organization’s peer review program and ongoing and focused practitioner evaluation.
Certification, CPHQ, CQI Methodologies, accreditation and regulatory requirements for acute and ambulatory care services (e.g. state, federal, local regulations; Joint Commission, etc.)., clinical, patient care experience , Medical Staff and Organizational Leadership ,management, FDA, ISO, clinical, Quality improvement, proactive regulatory #qualityleadership
Position Summary: Manages the resources and daily activities of primary care and specialty clinics while ensuring environmental factors support high standards of patient care. Assists in the training and development of new and existing staff members. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to learning transfer. Coordinates the activities of the unit for each shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing staff. Provides patient care as needed. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Schedules staff to specific shifts, taking into account past utilization trends. Measures employee performance. Assists in the training of new staff members and the development of existing staff members.
- Coordinates the activities of the unit during a particular shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing staff.
- Assesses, monitors, and educates the clinic staff on patient care. Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis.
The Social Worker is responsible for performing social work assessments and interventions as needed for inpatients, outpatients and emergency department patients. They are dedicated to patient and family centered care that values personal self-determination, skilled at managing multiple priorities at once, and engaging in creative, compassionate and ethical problem-solving. As a member of a multidisciplinary health team, they perform comprehensive assessments and develop treatment plans that integrate the medical, social and resource issues that impact individual patients, families and at risk populations. Social Workers are responsible for working collaboratively with all healthcare team members to develop and implement treatment plans that support patient-centered plan of care for both individual patients and the medical community. The functions of the Social Worker includes crisis intervention, patient /family intervention, high risk screening, brief counseling, referring for financial or other identified resource needs, arrange and facilitate family/patient representative meetings with the health care team as needed, assist in post acute placement on complex discharges and engagement of appropriate agencies or community resources when high risk patients are identified. The Social Worker establishes and maintains professional relationships with physicians, case managers, nursing staff, county agencies, community resources, patients and families. The position will be required to serve on hospital committees and take part in developing and presenting in-services to Hospital staff.
Immediate Supervisor: Manager/Supervisor, Care Coordination.
Mission: Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus.
Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable heath services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
Travel: Minimal Travel (less than 10%).
The RN Care Coordinator is responsible for assessing, planning, facilitating and advocating for options and services through a continuum of care from point of contact through discharge on assigned patients.The RN Care Coordinator performs this role in such a manner as to meet the individuals health needs while promoting quality and cost effective outcomes. The positions emphasis will be on care coordination, communication and collaboration with nursing, physicians, departments within the medical center, insurers and post acute service providers to pace the care toward optimal outcomes within the appropriate level of care. The RN Care Coordinator will advocate for the patient and family by identifying and valuing patient choice, spiritual needs, cultural, language and socioeconomic barreris to care transitions . In addition, the RN Care Coordinator will protect confidentiality while striving to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction. The RN Care Coordinator consistently conducts the utilization review process and the discharge planning process as required by hospital policies, standards of practice and Federal and State regulations.
keywords: case manager, case management, care coordination, rn, hospital, healthcare.
Position Summary: Supervises and coordinates activities of nursing personnel in patient care units. Plans work of assigned units and coordinates activities with other patient care units and related departments. Organizes and oversees patient care delivery during an assigned shift. Document daily staffing and administrative records and maintains compliance with governmental policies and procedures. Provides input to employee performance and assists in the coaching of staff members. Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis. Maintains communication with patient and family members regarding care needed. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Organizes and oversees patient care delivery during an assigned shift. Monitors and assesses current environment for smooth hospital operations.
- Assesses and allocates resources as needed. Provides input to employee performance. Assists in the coaching of staff members.
- Documents daily staffing and administrative records and maintains compliance with governmental policies and procedures. Presents documentation to senior staff.
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis. Maintains communication to patient and family members regarding care needed.
About This Opportunity:
Provides professional nursing care in accordance with the nursing process and BRN scope of practice. Works 4-5 shifts in 4 week schedule; with 2 of the shifts on weekends.
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients in accordance with the individual needs patients and their families, standards of nursing practice, relevant statutes and regulations, hospital policy and physician prescribed treatment plan. Clinical Nurse I A recent Registered Nurse graduate, a nurse returning to clinical practice after an extended absence or a nurse transferring to a new clinical area, who is responsible for basic assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care of assigned patients. Clinical Nurse II An experienced Registered Nurse, who, independently is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care of assigned patients. Clinical Nurse III An experienced Registered Nurse, who, independently is responsible for utilizing the nursing process on assigned patients; giving direction; observing and ensuring the nursing process by other nursing team members and assuming a resource and clinical education role.
The Staff Nurse II is responsible for direct and indirect delivery of patient care for a wide variety of patient population through the use of the nursing process and maintenance of the standards of professional nursing practice. The Registered Nurse promotes compliance and support of policies and achieves trust in professional collegial relationships. Applies Dignity Health Core Values to the performance of every job duty. These Values include Dignity, Collaboration, Justice, Stewardship, and Excellence.
Responsible for the assignment of ICD-9-CM diagnostic and procedure codes and abstracting of the hospital's patient encounters. Ensures optimal reimbursement for the hospital's inpatient Medicare cases under the DRG system. Assigns appropriate CPT codes whenever necessary. Collects, compiles and records medical record data and comprehends and corrects semi-annual indices.
coding, coder, ICD-10, AHIMA, RHIT, CCS, CCSP
Responsible for the assignment of ICD-9-CM diagnostic and procedure codes with regards to DRG and APC cases. Assigns CPT4/HCPS for procedure codes.
AHIMA, CCS, CCSP, Intermediate coder, coder, coding
The registered nurse is responsible to take primary responsibility to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care of each assigned patient. Provide direct patient care. Supervise the activities of nursing staff members. Anticipate patient’s needs. Follow-up on all care related activities and assure all physician orders are accurately transcribed and carried out in a timely manner. Coordinate the plan of care. Conduct patient teaching specific to disease entity and home management. Actively participate in assuring care continuum. Collaborate with other nursing and ancillary services to assure seamless communication and uninterrupted patient care. Model leadership behaviors. Foster a spirit of collaboration and teamwork. Mentor peers and colleagues.