Directs the function and activities of plant engineering and maintenance, capital project and construction management, ground services, clinical engineering, safety and security, and organization environment of care and life safety. Responsible for hospital facility expansion, property management and development. Directs and coordinates all aspects of the following operational support areas: Nutrition Services, EVS and Security. Sets policies and procedures and ensures all services meet the objectives of the organization.
Principle Duties and Accountabilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of major systems and operations: boilers, HVAC, medical gas systems, mechanical-electrical systems energy
management systems, code compliance and enforcement, blue print and construction documents.
- Keeps knowledge and ensures compliance on rules, regulations, licensure, accreditation and laws applicable to hospital and department
- Consults with executives and managers on plans and programs pertaining to construction projects.
- Assists in planning disaster, life safety, and fire safety programs. Implements the hospital safety management programs in concert with the safety and security department as required, which are designed to increase the awareness of the importance of workplace safety and reduce employee and visitor injuries.
- Participates in the development of the facility's strategic plan and short and long-term objectives which will ensure continued growth of the
facility and provision of necessary services to the community.
- Directs the operation support areas in program development, financial and human resources management, quality improvement and maintenance of productivity and quality performance indicators.
- Plans and maintains staffing patterns for areas of responsibility, which provide for the implementation of appropriate care on a 24-hour basis.
Uses effective communication with department managers and medical directors, as well as members of the medical staff, COO and Board of
Directors to ensure that quality patient services are available in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Prepares budget for the designated areas and assumes responsibility and accountability for the performance to the budget.