Two legacies of caring.
One ministry of change.
CommonSpirit was created by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health as a single ministry in early 2019. More than 150,000 physicians, nurses, caregivers, and other staff are employed by CommonSpirit Our hospitals and care centers cover 21 states. CommonSpirit has the size and ability to scale best-in-class clinical service lines; recruit and retain top talent; standardize operations to improve quality and reduce the cost of care; and advocate more effectively for all people, especially those who are poor and vulnerable. For more information, please visit our website at www.commonspirithealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The System Director of Community Impact and Operations is key to the mission of improving the quality of life for our patients and communities served. The successful candidate will strengthen our efforts through the development and facilitation of high impact public/private, cross-sector community engagement. As a member of the leadership team, a systematic sustainable approach to all goals and objectives is key to our Mission.
Through this role, the System Director will be responsible for leading and contributing to the development, design, and implementation of community and population health initiatives and strategic partnerships aimed to address health inequities, and needs related to social, economic and environmental conditions that impact and improve the lives of vulnerable populations across the system, value-based members, and externally in the communities we serve. The System Director will identify, design, and spearhead new, innovative projects incorporating industry best practices that align with hospital vision, values, and strategic needs.
Additionally, the System Director will also partner with Internal/External Communications and Advocacy and Policy teams on the development and execution of communication strategies related to the company’s social impact and community engagement efforts to meaningfully and measurably tell its story.
We are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. We dedicate our resources to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and partnering with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to the System Director II, Community/Population Health.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Master’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration or related field preferred
1. Leading through Mission, Vision & Values: Keeping the organization’s mission, vision and values at the forefront of associate decision making and action.
2. Patient/Customer Focus: Ensuring that the patient perspective is a driving force behind our actions and business decisions; crafting and implementing service practices that meet patients' and own organization’s needs.
3. Technical Competence: Demonstrates breadth and/or depth of professional/technical skills and capabilities required for position; shares knowledge; sets or contributes to the Company’s direction within area of expertise.
4. Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
5. Managing People, Projects and/or Tasks: Manages collaboratively and coaches others to achieve optimal performance; delegates effectively; praises/rewards contributions; defines clear roles and responsibilities; sets goals and leads initiatives; adjusts plans as necessary.
6. Empowerment and Delegation: Sharing authority and responsibility with others to move decision making and accountability downward through the organization enabling individuals to stretch their capabilities and accomplish the business unit’s strategic priorities. Applies influence based on professional skill and experience.
7. Conflict Management: Understanding of how to anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
1. Effectiveness Measurement: Knowledge of effective measurement techniques and ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
2. Planning: Tactical, Strategic: Knowledge of effective planning techniques and ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
3. Program Management: Knowledge of the policies and techniques to manage a set of related projects within a program; ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control the set of projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve program objectives.
4. Healthcare Regulatory Environment: Knowledge of federal, state and local healthcare related laws and regulations; ability to comply with these in healthcare practices and activities.
5. Healthcare Service Models: Knowledge of philosophies, approaches, processes and practices for delivering healthcare services; ability to implement, design, assess and improve healthcare service models and ensure they align with organizational goals.
6. Community Health Needs Assessment: Knowledge of and ability to apply the methods, processes and tools to apply health needs assessment and identify the health priorities in a certain community.
7. Must be able to travel to locations both in and out of town which may require overnight stays on occasion.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.