Dignity Health is one of the nation's largest health care systems. As of June 30, 2017, Dignity Health operated more than 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics in 22 states, through its network of more than 9,000 physicians and more than 60,000 employees. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to those who are poor and underserved. More information on Dignity Health is available at www.dignityhealth.org.
Dignity Health is seeking an experienced Product Owner to deliver creative digital offerings to create an intensely positive and personal experience over a variety of digital products.
In this role, you will lead a digital product team responsible for enabling our current and potential patients, providers and/or employees through digital solutions, both in a web and mobile-first experience. You will be responsible for innovating, prioritizing and delivering some of Dignity Health’s most strategic initiatives. You will directly impact the digital direction of the organization as well as have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and ability to support our mission to serve the underserved and disenfranchised.
A successful candidate will bring: deep software development and user experience expertise in the digital consumer-facing space; strong business acumen and judgement; ability to define and deliver visionary, ground breaking products; measured value; data-driven decision making; consideration of the needs of internal stakeholders; success in vendor and cross-functional team management; the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company.
If you are smart and can demonstrate it, comfortable with rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty, naturally curious and focused on solutions, confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience while being receptive to feedback, open to revising plans when appropriate and importantly, "result driven" – you are the right person to apply.
Principle Duties and Accountabilities:
• Act as the voice of the customer (consumers, patients and providers) in the execution of design and development of healthcare related products
• Work with Agile principles to align teams, communication and transparency
• Collaborate with architects and other internal stakeholders to come up with the best creative and innovative solution
• Adapt to changing priorities and account for the necessary adjustments
• Manage and refine the team backlog with current and future features
• Plan product releases
• Create definition of value and track through metrics and feedback, adjusting product roadmap to account for results
• Create and implement innovative solutions to provide value
• Provide escalation and block removal for the agile team when needed
• Engage with SAFe program team and other agile teams in program increment planning, product owner meetings and system demos.
Additional Detailed Responsibilities:
• Provide intake for customer and stakeholder feedback/suggestions, incorporating into the product roadmap and backlog where appropriate including facilitating consumer focus groups.
• Manage relationships and participate in forming requirements for product delivery vendors.
• Observe, learn about, and analyze customers and end users of the product.
• Provide available business metrics to the development team to connect them with the product and its customers, making informed decisions together.
• Interface with program management and stakeholders regularly.
• Turn ideas into product recommendations and contribute to product road-mapping.
• Resolve problems, working across teams.
• Share insights throughout the company regarding the product.
• Track assigned budget and resources and provide input to the budget development process. Prepare cost estimates and budget recommendations. Monitor expenditures.
• Guiding staff including prioritization and leadership of self-organizing and self-managed teams.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.