Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services. St. Joseph’s is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospital’s patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph’s.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital.
St. Joseph's is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
Director of Operations for the Ivy Brain Tumor Center
We are seeking an MD or PhD to serve as the Director of Operations to organize and oversee the daily operations of our early-phase clinical trials program. The areas of responsibility are wide and require a thorough knowledge of various organizational processes related to early-phase clinical trials in the brain cancer. This person will be tasked with ensuring that our organization is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching our people.
• Oversight of daily clinical operations and administrative work for trials
• Establishing and supervising business relationships and contracts with industry, funding mechanisms, and scientific partners
• Coordination of preclinical work
• Assembly of letters of intent for pharmaceutical company partners
• Assembly of clinical trial protocols
• Assembly of progress reports for funding mechanisms and pharmaceutical partners
• Managing relationships with sponsors, vendors, and partners
• Responsible for the oversight of marketing, administrative, operational, and financial activities.
• Drives implementation of Ivy Center initiatives
• Grow our research and development capabilities for testing new brain tumor therapeutic regimens
• Designing and implementing business operations
• MD or PhD
• (5) years or equivalent of faculty-level experience
• Experience with clinical trial protocol assembly and execution of early-phase clinical trialing
• Experience with developing strategies for pre-clinical/clinical research development programs
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of human research policies, regulations, procedures, and standards according to FDA, ICH, GCP guidelines
• Prior leadership experience of a research operations organization
• Focused on the operational details necessary for success today
• Execution mindset
• Coaching skills
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.