Located in the heart of Phoenix, Ariz., St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 586-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services with special advocacy for the poor and underserved. St. Joseph's is a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education and research. It includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center, the Norton Thoracic Institute, a campus of Creighton University's Medical School and the first Level I Trauma Center in Arizona verified by the American College of Surgeons. U.S. News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the best hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. For more information please visit our website at https://www.dignityhealth.org/arizona/locations/stjosephs.
Director of Operations for the Ivy Brain Tumor Center
We are seeking an MD or PhD to serve as the Director of Operations to organize and oversee the daily operations of our early-phase clinical trials program. The areas of responsibility are wide and require a thorough knowledge of various organizational processes related to early-phase clinical trials in the brain cancer. This person will be tasked with ensuring that our organization is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching our people.
• Oversight of daily clinical operations and administrative work for trials
• Establishing and supervising business relationships and contracts with industry, funding mechanisms, and scientific partners
• Coordination of preclinical work
• Assembly of letters of intent for pharmaceutical company partners
• Assembly of clinical trial protocols
• Assembly of progress reports for funding mechanisms and pharmaceutical partners
• Managing relationships with sponsors, vendors, and partners
• Responsible for the oversight of marketing, administrative, operational, and financial activities.
• Drives implementation of Ivy Center initiatives
• Grow our research and development capabilities for testing new brain tumor therapeutic regimens
• Designing and implementing business operations
• MD or PhD
• (5) years or equivalent of faculty-level experience
• Experience with clinical trial protocol assembly and execution of early-phase clinical trialing
• Experience with developing strategies for pre-clinical/clinical research development programs
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of human research policies, regulations, procedures, and standards according to FDA, ICH, GCP guidelines
• Prior leadership experience of a research operations organization
• Focused on the operational details necessary for success today
• Execution mindset
• Coaching skills
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.