Located in the heart of Phoenix, Ariz., St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 586-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services with special advocacy for the poor and underserved. St. Joseph's is a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education and research. It includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center, the Norton Thoracic Institute, a campus of Creighton University's Medical School and the first Level I Trauma Center in Arizona verified by the American College of Surgeons. U.S. News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the best hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. For more information please visit our website at https://www.dignityhealth.org/arizona/locations/stjosephs.
Postdoctoral Associate in Pharmacokinetic Core Laboratory
Newly established PK Lab is seeking a PhD level scientist (postdoctoral associate) to join our team at BNI!
The Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) (Phoenix, AZ), has been ranked in the top 10 best hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery since the US News and World Reports began reporting such data. The BNI leads the largest pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics-driven clinical trials program for primary brain tumors in the United States. To support the clinical trial program, a centralized CAP/CLIA certified Pharmacokinetics Core Laboratory is being developed with the mission of providing state-of-the-art bioanalytic technology and a broad range of pharmacology expertise to enable evaluation of critical pharmacological endpoints in clinical trials.
Summary of Position
PK Lab is currently in the process of CAP/CLIA certification and will be supporting healthcare professionals and patients in health management through accurate, precise and state of the art testing and research.
We are looking for an individual to join the PK Lab team as a postdoctoral associate (at the level I, II and III depending on the experience). The candidate should have a strong background in pharmaceutical sciences and ideally in PK with a reasonable working knowledge in translational sciences. Candidates who have worked in the regulated environment to develop LC-MS/MS-based methods and can demonstrate competence in pharmacology and toxicology will be preferred. The candidate should be highly motivated, able to work well in teams, and have excellent communication skills. Potential areas of application include: drug PK, instrumental method development and validation, biomarker analysis, drug metabolism, PK analysis and modeling, medicinal or analytical chemistry.
Key responsibilities include
• Development, validation and implementation of analytical methods for various drugs, drug candidates, drug metabolites, and biomarkers employing LC-MS/MS technique.
• Contribution toward the design of preclinical and clinical studies.
• Development of independent research plans.
• Performing data analyses and interpretation.
• Manuscript preparation and publishing.
• Preparation of grant proposals and applications.
• Supervision and training of laboratory supporting research staff.
• Preparation and delivery of research presentations at local meetings, national and international conferences.
• General operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment, including LC-MS/MS instrument.
• Maintenance of required laboratory safety documentation and adherence to the guidelines and regulations in compliance with CAP/CLIA and HIPAA rules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong experience with LC-MS/MS-based assay development and validation, including tissue sample handling, sample preparation (LLE, SPE, PPT), operating LC instruments and Mass Spectrometers.
• Some experience in preclinical translational research (basic knowledge and experience with cellular techniques and laboratory animals handling).
• Working experience in regulated environment, such as CAP/CLIA or GLP certified laboratories.
• Hand-on experience in instrument calibration, software validation, maintenance and troubleshooting of LC and MS systems
• Experience with a PK software and pharmacokinetics data analyses, interpretation and publishing.
• Experience with writing and implementing SOPs.
• Experience with supervising Lab supporting research personnel.
• Good organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and cohesively as part of a team.
• Ph.D. or equivalent degree (MD, DVM, PharmD, etc.) in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry (Medicinal or Analytical preferred), Biochemistry, Medical Sciences or in related disciplines.
Laboratory or clinical research at the post-baccalaureate level with an interest in a faculty member's line of study required. Beyond minimum required, experience writing research reports concerning own work and familiarity with a biomedical discipline preferred. Laboratory or clinical technical and/or interpersonal skills as appropriate required. Technical and/or conceptual expertise in a relevant field preferred. Familiar with basic computer, mathematical, scientific, reasoning, and oral and written communication skills as appropriate required. Proficient in basic computer, mathematical, scientific, reasoning, and oral and written communication skills as appropriate preferred.
Ph.D. or equivalent degree (MD, DVM, PharmD, etc.) in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry (Medicinal or Analytical preferred), Biochemistry, Medical Sciences or in related disciplines.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.