Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charitable care and community services. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The UM Analyst serves as a champion for process change activities for GSSJSA Dignity Health Utilization Management. The incumbent will help define, along with the UM Managers and Directors, the direction for all efforts for department initiatives. Identifies organizational and cross-organizational needs related to new/updated processes; coordinates resources and facilitates training activities to change the internal culture of the organizations involved. Coordinates the internal assessment process to determine progress along the journey and establishes and maintains an effective sustainment model. The UM Analyst acts as a liaison for change and motivational force. With the support of UM leadership, drives communication and internal marketing efforts regarding the need for change. Coordinates, manages, collaborates, and cultivates relationships with leaders and line staff in partner organizations, designated consultants and corporate colleagues. Creates and maintains the infrastructure to support UM as a management/leadership system integrating it into the unique culture of partnering organizations.
Planning and Managing
• Participates in setting strategic goals and measures for progress.
• Develops the short and long-term roadmaps for the partnership using the corporate value added analysis process.
• Identifies, coordinate, schedules and plans upcoming events with appropriate personnel.
• Identifies and removes roadblocks and barriers that hinder the progress of the effort.
• Supports strategy/operating/tactical plan with the multi-organizational partnership leaders, under direct supervision of the GSSJSA Dignity Health UM leadership.
• Continually researches best practice and industry standards to stay abreast of cutting edge changes/updates.
Tracking, Analysis, and Reporting
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative financial analyses
• Coordinates, supports, and extrapolates monitoring tracking efforts from past and current initiatives and translates into detailed project plans.
• Maintains current measures and metrics.
• Monitors and updates current data collection activities.
• Monitors open issues from all activities, groups and committees.
• Prepares reports for UM leadership to present at committees as needed.
Communicating and Training
• Serves as liaison to UM management and local parties.
• Coordinates monthly committee meetings, produces agendas and minutes.
• Serves as point of contact for GSSJSA Dignity Health UM leadership, UM staff and partnering organizations.
• Coordinates with other locations (best practices, methods, tools, etc.).
• Identifies issues and provides solution recommendations.
• Five years experience in healthcare environment, with strong background in utilization management.
• Broad based experience with software applications, data analysis and reports preparation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent organizational skills required, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
• Able to operate within all levels of the organization.
• Ability to prioritize, plan and execute.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Passion for energizing the organization.
• Ability to mitigate risk and provide input for process improvement.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships within and outside the organization. Has regular contact with a variety of audiences including front line staff, management/senior management, physicians and other Dignity Health Divisions and Corporate staff. Has periodic contact with representatives of outside agencies.
Reports to the Manager of Managed Care
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.