Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve. As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
Dignity Health Medical Group – Saint Francis/St. Mary’s, a service of Dignity Health Medical Foundation, is committed to serving the continuing health care needs of the Bay Area in the City of San Francisco and beyond. Our growing list of primary and specialty care clinics, along with our Dignity Health/GoHealth Urgent Care Centers, local affiliated Dignity Health hospitals (Saint Francis Memorial Hospital and St. Mary’s Medical Center), and additional peninsula-area locations (via Dignity Health Medical Group – Sequoia and Sequoia Hospital), offers the Bay Area an integrated care delivery system that provides primary care for family medicine and internal medicine, surgical services that include general, vascular, gynecological, cardiothoracic, and orthopedics, and a growing list of neurologist, cardiologists, endocrinologists, infectious disease and sports medicine specialists.
The Supervisor, Clinic Operations is expected to provide tactical leadership in order to maximize the effectiveness of all service delivery systems and financial performance, engages staff and cultivate a care center culture that prioritizes humankindness and patient-centric care consistent with Dignity Health and the medical group’s “way” and culture. Coordinates the day-to-day operational aspects of the clinic. Works closely with staff and providers in each unit to ensure that all fiduciary and care center goals are met.
The Supervisor, Clinic Operations has a responsibility to safeguard patient health and financial information.
- Minimum of three (3) years of lead or supervisory experience, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise productive, engaged teams and work with providers.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the budgeting process, management reports, accounting, purchasing and patient billing process and systems.
- Knowledge of computers, systems and software, including word processing, spreadsheet, data base, clinical information systems, electronic medical records, billing systems, and other application packages.
- Health insurance knowledge of HMO, PPO and capitated risk plan contracts as they relate to providers and practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Is a visible and results oriented leader with a focus on doing what it takes to get the job done while ensuring strong interpersonal relationships; puts the interests of the organization ahead of personal interests.
- Employs a style that is transparent, credible, and focused on relationship building, influence, conviction and integrity.
- High degree of resilience, has a sense of urgency, is outcome drive and can thrive in environment of rapid change while effectively managing pressure in an effective and professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate Dignity Health’s values and exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with others.
- Ability to effectively supervise and motivate others.
- Ability to work effectively and independently under pressure with minimal direction.
- Supports providing exceptional patient care within a highly regulated and constantly changing environment.
- Previous out-patient practice management experience. Previous experience in the assigned medical group. Previous lead or supervisory experience in a union environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or healthcare administration or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- CA LVN or RN
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.