The Digital Solution Architect III role is to provide technology leadership for developing, integrating, and supporting Dignity Health’s patient and consumer digital products and services. This role will be responsible for specific application, database, network, infrastructure and/or engineering portfolios/platforms in partnership with Dignity Health’s business capability owners, external vendors and managed services partners. The Digital Solution Architect III will:
- Drive successful solution adoption from technology planning, investment decisions, implementation to ongoing operational support for several, highly complex platforms or portfolios
- Identify and accelerate the elimination of applications and infrastructure which are not Invest platforms
- Be responsible for improving the availability, security, compliance, interoperability, performance, and technology cost of assigned portfolios/platforms
Qualified candidates must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills. They must be change advocates and innovators, quick learners, results-oriented, and creators of compelling digital technology roadmaps. They must seek out and synthesize IT and healthcare trends into multi-year technology investment plans. Mentoring and influencing others in a matrixed team environment is critical to success.
- Create, implement, and support IT portfolios and platforms which accelerate the transformation of Technology Services as a key enabler to Dignity Health’s growth strategy and fulfillment of Dignity Health’s mission and digital strategy vision.
- Act as the Dignity Health Technology Services champion with internal and external stakeholders regarding security, compliance, feature and product roadmaps, remediation, and service level agreements.
- Lead, mentor, and coach Solution Architects I & II to build their skills and readiness in technology, portfolio, and platform responsibilities.
- Lead focused proof-of-concept activities for technology assessments, communicate findings, develop portfolio roadmaps, investment prioritization, and successful implementation and adoption.
- Be known as the subject matter expert for their portfolios/platforms and actively collaborate with other Solution Architects on IT standards, innovation and integration opportunities to enable new value chains and business efficiencies.
- Act as the IT standards owner for several technology, platform, or portfolio domains and facilitate a collaborative process to establish, gain consensus, and communicate R&D, Invest, and Disinvest product roadmaps
- Drive adherence to IT strategy and IT standards in design processes for 3rd party services, products acquired, internal services, integrated hosted solutions, and hardware/software vendors.
- Ensure that portfolio/platform performance meets or exceeds operational metrics for scalability, security, compliance, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
- Guide business owners and Technology Services teams to ensure the consistency of their components to the overall business capability, IT product architecture, and IT roadmaps.
- Create solutions that drive progress toward approved standards and reduce the number of exceptions by proactive roadmap and investment prioritization with business and IT owners.
- Lead IT portfolio/platform maturity by driving the technical aspects of the acquired and developed products by applying industry best practices and technical due diligence.
- Proactively develop an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the solution domain to implement the most current and relevant solutions.
- Proactively drive the assessment and resolution of software, hardware, or process defects discovered throughout the pre-launch, post-launch, and quality review processes.
- Ensure that financial planning and controls for IT portfolio/platform decisions provide a return on investment, cost savings, performance improvement and clearly link to the defined business strategy.
- Participation in on-call rotations and working at a “hands on” level with Tier 3 technical support teams