The position has overall responsibility for Dignity Health Orthopedic/ Neurosurgery contract portfolio and standardization/utilization programs designed to manage expense for products, services, equipment and length of stay. Requires extensive contact with Dignity Health management, directors and vendors to explain and promote key issues related to product line. Must influence and affect opinion of decision makers and end users to achieve outcomes.
Supports Dignity Health’s mission to deliver compassionate, high quality affordable health services; provides direct services to our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised and to advocate on their behalf; partners with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
· Responsible for cost reduction objectives of Orthopedic/Neurosurgery product line including development of target items, implementation plan and measurement for decreasing cost.
· Identification and promotion of compliance to contracts and target items. Monitor results and initiate corrective action.
· Meet facility end-user requirements through facilitation, influence and leadership during Council meetings. Secure council approval for cost reduction objectives and implementation plans.
· Maintain current knowledge of healthcare industry and end-users' critical issues. Identify trends in technology and new products. Interface with GPO staff and key vendor account managers.
·Assist in supply cost benchmarking and identification of best practices. Identify causes of cost or practice variation and develop, in conjunction with hospital management, action plans for improvement.
·Significant interaction with end-users, SSRM Contract Administrators and Analysts to develop viable contracting strategies and implementation.
· Foster collaboration with facility managers/directors and physicians to establish and comply with contract compliance targets and standardization/utilization objectives.
· Facilitate financial and clinical analyses of product alternatives and work with other SSRM staff to complete objectives and ensure accuracy. Recommend best course of action for Dignity Health.
·Foster collaboration with facility managers/directors and physicians to establish and comply with contract compliance targets and standardization/utilization objectives.
· Engage support of senior leadership for implementation of council decisions on contract implementation.
· Deal with ambiguity of changing environment and have ability to shift priorities.