Welcome to St. John’s Regional Medical Center.
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness. Since 1912, we have been giving something forward to the people of Oxnard, California. St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed facility employing more than 1,200 caring professionals and a medical staff of more than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed acute rehabilitation center, and provide a wide array of programs and services that include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care, orthopedic, weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment, community outreach and more.
Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world compels us to lead with our hearts as we serve the community of Oxnard. One of the most beautiful areas in the country, Oxnard is nestled between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and offers residents spectacular beaches, clean air and open spaces, as well as easy access to California wine country. We invite you to join us in delivering humankindness, one person at time.
Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
In keeping with Dignity Health Core Values, the Neuro Nurse Practitioner works with the neurointerventionalists, neurosurgeons, neurologists and stroke team to ensure our neuroscience patients receive the best possible clinical and service experience from the time of arrival to our hospital and throughout the continuum of care, by performing daily rounding and monitoring on our patients during hospitalization. The NP will review all medical record documentation on a concurrent basis to ensure we meet all quality goals and standards and will work with the quality management department with quality data abstraction. He/she will respond to all Code Stroke and Code ELVO’s to assist in driving the timeline for door to tPA and door to reperfusion. The Neuro NP will function as a liaison between the physicians, nursing staff, allied healthcare professionals, patients and their families.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities:
1. Conducts daily rounding on all stroke patients, with multiple daily rounds in critical care.
2. Conducts daily physical assessment on all stroke patients, as appropriate. Assists with immediate detection of any neurological or other medical status change and provides immediate intervention to patients in distress within scope of practice. Documents assessment in medical record and writes appropriate orders based on assessment, within scope of practice and in collaboration with supervising physician. Performs patient History and Physical as requested by MD.
3. Reviews all concurrent stroke patients medical records daily to ensure meeting all quality indicators for stroke care
4. Responds to all Code Stroke and Code ELVO’s to drive the time-line and follow the outlined process. Identifies and reports delays in process to stroke leadership for resolution. Assists response team with improving consistency with the process.
5. Acts as a liaison and a resource between the physicians, nursing staff, allied healthcare professionals, patients and their staff.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Stroke Program Manager
Minimum Job Requirements – Education and Experience
• Education – graduate from a school of nursing with BSN or MSN.
• Experience – Minimum of three years nursing experience, including care of stroke patients.
• Licensed in CA as a Registered Nurse & Nurse Practitioner, Basic Life Support (BLS).
Preferred/Desired Education and Experience:
Three years experience working with stroke patients including complex cases such as subarachnoid hemorrhages.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Good communicator, team builder skills, multi-tasking ability.
Travel Required for the Job - No
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.