Performs various housekeeping duties to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of the facility by performing the following duties. The person in this position is expected to know and support the mission and values of Dominican Oaks and to apply the Dominican Oaks philosophy while performing daily job tasks.
- Assembles materials and supplies and transports to work area.
- Performs general cleaning of resident apartments which includes vacuuming, polishing, scrubbing, sweeping, wiping, dusting, mopping and changing or making beds.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings and equipment and mopping floors with special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent the spread of disease.
- Uses damp, disinfectant-treated cloths and vacuum cleaner to dust window sills, blinds, floors, furniture, and equipment in an orderly fashion.
- Scours and polishes sinks, tubs, mirrors, and similar equipment.
- Requests help in moving heavy furniture and in turning mattresses.
- Gathers and disposes of trash, washes wastebaskets and large refuse containers, and relines with plastic bags.
- May be called upon to wash outside windows and screens.
- Picks up laundry from resident apartments
- Maintains overall cleanliness of facility's interior.
- Reports any unusual problems, occurrences, safety hazards or concerns regarding residents, staff and the facility.
- Participates in all training programs and completes all required documentation.
- Assumes responsibilities of lead housekeeper when the lead housekeeper is not available.
- Assists with turnover of apartments.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.