Founded in 1955, Dignity Health – Northridge Hospital Medical Center is a 394-bed, acute care, nonprofit community hospital located in Northridge, California. The hospital offers a full complement of award winning services, including the Leavey Cancer Center, a cardiovascular center, stroke center, the Center for Assault Treatment Services, a pediatric medical center, and the only pediatric trauma center in the San Fernando Valley. As a leading provider of compassionate, high-quality and affordable patient-centered care, we share a rich legacy with Dignity Health, one of the nation’s five largest health care systems. We are part of a 21-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 62,000 employees and more than 400 care centers. Visit dignityhealth.org/northridgehospital for more information.
The Electronic Medical Record ROI position is responsible for the effective management, maintenance, and protection of patient medical information utilizing an electronic medical records system. Provides support to our patients, physicians, other clinic staff, internal and external laboratory and imaging staff, family members, hospital staff, and legal offices by offering customer service, communications, and appropriate distribution of information.
The EMR ROI Associate may also perform a variety of other duties including but not limited to preparing, reviewing, and processing P.H.I. requests, processing all subpoenas, attorney requests, patient requests, and insurance company requests. Obtaining proper signatures and documenting all transactions. Processing medical information into an EMR system by, scanning, batch scanning, quality checks, post scanning, and performing research.
The EMR ROI Associate may also be asked to do some clerical work, special projects, or float to other facilities as needed and requested to support daily clinic operation goals, bench marks, and quality patient care initiatives per departmental guidelines.
- Three (3) years experience working in a Health Information Management setting in CODING
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills are essential.
- Keyboarding skills and the ability to utilize computer equipment and software programs are required as is experience with other types of standard office equipment.
- Ability to multitask, identify form types, and perform research duties are essential.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA policies, local county, state, and Federal regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret those policies or governmental regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and being detail oriented are essential.
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical record formats, basic anatomy and medical terminology preferred.
- RHIT or RHIA credentials are preferred for this position.
Minimum two years coding experience required in acute care setting required
Must have thorough knowledge of Medical Records Guidelines set by accrediting and licensing agencies
Computer literate, medical terminology required. Microsoft Word, Outlook, MIRA and Code 3 Coding Software
RHIT, RHIA or CCS preferred. Fire Safety card required.
For Coder job posting
Completion of an AHIMA approved coding program required.
Must have Emergency Department Coding Experience
Knowledge of CMS coding guidelines, ICD-10 CM & PCS, CPT and HCPCS coding conventions
***This position is represented by SEIU
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.