Position Summary - Digital Health Informaticist:
The Digital Health Informaticist leads internal Dignity Health adoption and workflow integration of digital products and services. Develops working relationships with operational and project leadership to ensure successful adoption of newly implemented solutions. Provides guidance in the integration of digital content, workflow, and operational processes into best practices that are aligned with desired organizational outcomes. The Digital Health Informaticist provides expert analytical expertise to current and future workflow processes, assisting in the development of process and operational redesign recommendations leading to internal customer adoption, satisfaction, and success. The Digital Health Informaticist will interface directly with the Office of Digital’s internal customers at the Director, Manager and staff levels. The Digital Health Informaticist is an organizational change agent focused on creating an intensely positive consumer and patient experience. Reports to Senior Director, Client Success within the Dignity Health Office of Digital.
Provides support to each of the product and services teams and secures user input for the design and development of the digital solutions as they evolve over time.
- Manages the integration of product lines and any conflict between digital product teams, team members, and the facilities.
- Guides and mentors facility Directors, managers and clinical staff, and translates digital products and services functionality into desired operational outcomes.
- Supports the Office of Digital functional planning process; including needs assessment, regulatory requirements, and new operational service requirements involving key stakeholders and utilizing structured analysis methods for planning.
- Assists in the development of disaster recovery and downtime strategies for clinical operations.
- Ensures operational/protocol compliance related to digital products and services.
- Assists in the development of process and operational redesign recommendations leading to a best practices and functional system requirements.
- Provides clinical and operational support and direction in all phases of the project plan including the development of policies and procedures, system testing, conversion planning.
- Provides guidance and support in the collection and reporting of metrics defining benefits realization, operational efficiencies, and return on investment associated with digital products and services and recommends changes as needed.
- Communicates functional priorities, design techniques, issues, and issue resolution to key stakeholders.
- With others, promotes the continuity of the clinical/operational environment and the application functionality in accordance with the intended design as deployed from facility to facility.
- Assists facility clinical leadership and site operation leads at each facility in coordination of project resources for robust systems support.
- Monitors application use. Captures, defines, and prioritizes pre- and post-implementation issues. Reports and participates in the problem solving of issues that impact local and enterprise performance.
- Upholds the mission, vision, and values of Dignity Health, as well as our sponsoring congregations.
- Communicates effectively, and contributes to positive interdepartmental relationships; particularly between technical and clinical staff.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer/user requests or needs.
- Builds relationships with peers and staff. Ensures accountability relative to timelines, work, and product, in support of reporting metrics and protocol compliance.
- Uses a problem solving approach to resolve job-related issues.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and Dignity Health information, communications, and documents.
- Provides assistance relative to technical skill sets for staff and incorporates them into the associated training.
- Demonstrates extraordinary customer relations, quality service, and dedication to providing the highest quality of service to our clinicians, operational leaders, consumers and patients.
- Supports the efficient and effective operations of digital products and services, the promotion of effective user adoption, and success in deployment of these systems.
- Ensures a professional and responsive atmosphere by greeting patients, visitors, staff, and physicians promptly and courteously. Refers to each individual by name when appropriate.
Travel: up to 75%