Provides Corporate Real Estate (CRE) project management of IT Infrastructure design and construction projects as assigned; facilitates capital project planning, design and construction related activities; coordinates area capital plans with facilities; ensures effective utilization of Dignity Health Preferred Provider Network; improves quality results; facilitates effective utilization of Dignity Health Project Delivery Model (PDM) guidelines and tools; maintains relationships with authorities having jurisdiction; provides communication support; assists in preparing project scope/budgets and monitors control of project expenses.
The Project Manager carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of dignity Health and fully supports Dignity Health’s Mission, Philosophy and core values of Collaboration, Dignity, Excellence, justice, and Stewardship.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of dignity Health, and the goals and objectives of the Corporate Real Estate Department. It is expected that the incumbent demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values and Behavioral Competencies for Leadership of Dignity Health.
This position reports directly to the CRE Area Director responsible for IT Infrastructure on Dignity Health capital projects with construction related activities. This position interfaces with the System Director, Planning Design and Construction, as needed. This position interfaces with the individual hospital and Information Technology project teams for capital project decision making, coordination, communication and status reporting.
- Manages capital project planning design and construction by facilitating required activities
- Ensures effective utilization of Preferred Provider Network (PPN) by drafting RFPs; selection of providers; providing project specific orientation and training; maintaining productivity, monitoring activities; controlling costs and schedules
- Maintains relationships with authorities having jurisdiction by monitoring compliance with federal, state, and local requirements; periodic communication and meetings; facilitating project reviews; facilitating problem solving between agencies, owner and consultants; monitoring change; and monitoring PPN performance
- Provides project communication support by establishing and enforcing project communication policies and guidelines; identifying and correcting project communication deficiencies; utilization of Dignity Health Planning Design and Construction Web based programs and project planning design and construction tools
- Ensures effective communication within CRE senior management on important issues, concerns, problems or anticipated problems that might impact system, group, facility and/or CRE performance and outcomes
- Provides Area Director project status reports by developing periodic project reports including cost, schedule and comparative metrics
- Improves quality results by directing facilitation of problem identification, problem solving and implementation of recommendations