Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve. As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Clinical Educator - Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for planning and conducting needs assessment and evaluating orientation and staff development programs for clinic leadership and non-provider clinical staff. This position ensures clinical services are effective and meet all regulatory requirements and that patients are provided with quality health care.
Responsibilities may include:
- Designs and develops educational plans. Researches and applies best practices, government regulations, and guidelines as it relates to clinical education and training.
- Leads and coordinates educational training and assessments that are provided by the Clinical Educator-LVN staff. Conducts, coordinates, and evaluates orientation and ongoing training and education for non-provider clinical staff (i.e. MA, LVN, RN).
- Assesses clinical performance in relation to established performance standards. Organizes annual updates and skills fairs and competency evaluation processes. Works closely with clinic supervisor/manager to provide educational support to meet individual learning needs.
- Develops relevant and clinically oriented educational activities designed to be consistent with best practices and the mission, vision, goals, and specified service lines of Dignity Health Medical Foundation.
- Improve job knowledge, enhances skills, and ensures that clinic managers, and non-provider clinical staff are able to provide excellent support for patients and providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
relevant skills: rn, registered nurse, staff nurse, instructor, staff development, director of staff development, dsd, teacher, educator, trainer
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.