Two legacies of caring.
One ministry of change.
CommonSpirit was created by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health as a single ministry in early 2019. More than 150,000 physicians, nurses, caregivers, and other staff are employed by CommonSpirit Our hospitals and care centers cover 21 states. CommonSpirit has the size and ability to scale best-in-class clinical service lines; recruit and retain top talent; standardize operations to improve quality and reduce the cost of care; and advocate more effectively for all people, especially those who are poor and vulnerable. For more information, please visit our website at www.commonspirithealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Job Summary / Purpose
Reporting to the System Director of Data Driven Clinical Strategy with a matrix reporting to the System Director of Post Acute Care, this position is responsible for the development and management of analytic solutions designed to drive clinical, quality, and financial operational efficiencies with population health programs with a strong focus on post-acute care and transitions of care.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
• Collects, analyzes, maintains, and communicates data (claims, clinical, quality) to Post Acute leadership, Care Coordination nurses, and Population Health Leadership to support post acute program initiatives using a variety of tools (claims data warehouse, population health tools, electronic health record, and other reporting systems). Translates program elements from clinical and operational stakeholders into analytics solutions. (60%)
• Analyzes and reconciles data for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) bundled payments program and Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP). (20%)
• Daily consolidates Emergency Department and Inpatient discharge data from multiple different sources to be merged and sent to post acute and care coordination team to conduct patient outreach activities. (5%)
• Provides support for data integrity and data validation. (5%)
• Partner and interact closely with many different types of stakeholders. (5%)
• Lead and manage complex projects that are strategic in nature and scope. (5%)
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Expertise in data manipulation, analysis, and presentation.
• Advanced knowledge of medical claims, quality, and eligibility data.
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel; including Power Pivot and Power Query Add ins.
• Preferred experience with:
- Qlik/Tableau/Power BI
- Point Right,
- Strategic Healthcare Programs (SHP),
- McKesson HPM
• Work and interact closely with many different types of stakeholders.
• Lead and manage complex projects that are strategic in nature and scope.
• Work in a self-directed manner.
• Handle many different requests in an ever changing environment.
• Perform repetitive tasks.
• Understand and remember detailed instructions
• Make independent decisions or exercise judgment based on appropriate information;
• Accept and carry out responsibility for direction
Keywords: Healthcare analytics, Excel, PowerPoint, data, care coordination, Cerner, reports, reporting, TOCCareCoord
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.