- Current occupational therapy techniques, standards, principles, and procedures.
- Human anatomy and physiology with emphasis on musculoskeletal, circulatory, and nervous systems
- Medical terminology.
- Proper body mechanics.
- Infection control procedures.
- Assess patient condition based upon sound pathophysiological principles.
- Develop and implement appropriate patient treatment plan
- Complete and maintain records of Occupational Therapy observations, treatments, and actions.
- Plan and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with physicians, nursing staff, and other hospital personnel.
- Maintain the confidentiality of medical information.
- Fully meet the obligations of the Mission and Philosophy of Mercy San Juan Hospital.
- Flexibility to work within a changing health care environment.
- Interact in a professional and courteous manner with all persons on the hospital campus at all times.