CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Job Summary / Purpose
The Mobile Solutions Designer owns and communicates the architectural vision of the mobile product or solutions being built to solve business problems in the healthcare domain. Hence, this person is a seasoned developer who has progressed into technical leadership roles while still having a passion to write code in an individual contributor capacity, as well as lead/mentor the mobile development team in creating high quality mobile products and services. The solution designer takes accountability in identifying and addressing the functional as well as non-functional requirements, ensuring the mobile software products and solutions are scalable, secure, performant, testable, and maintainable. This role is adept at evolving mobile trends and industry standards, including the broad ecosystem of Apple and Google mobile technologies beyond just iOS and Android.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
· Translate business and customer requirements into elegant technical designs and then implement the design and architecture in code.
· Communicate implications and tradeoffs of design decisions, issues and plans to business, product and IT leadership.
· Design software libraries for mobile applications using design patterns and architectures.
· Break down architecture blueprints to code components, data models, business logic, and integration needs for APIs and services.
· Create and maintain technical artifacts like architecture views, technology architecture blueprints and design specifications.
· Evaluate new mobile coding approaches, new platform/OS updates, and innovative proof-of-concepts to inform and develop a mobile product roadmap.
· Collaborate with app developers to define technical requirements for OS frameworks, caching, data persistence, and memory usage.
· Collaborate with developers to implement best practices for app security including device/OS vulnerabilities, security controls, code exploits, sensitive data, encryption, authentication, and authorization.
· Establish test-driven development practices for unit, functional, and integration testing to cover code analysis, requirements coverage, and failure scenarios; assess build, test, and deploy pipelines and optimize CI/CD processes to simplify release planning, testing integration, and minimize shipped bugs.
· Actively participate in product development by thought leadership, providing/reviewing specifications, risk assessment, cost and alternative options including supplier evaluation.
· Demonstrate strong affinity for User Experience/User Interface practices, and work with UX design teams.
· Enforce standards, frameworks, and architecture principles and governance to keep the overall architecture evolving toward the target state
· Develop technology strategy, direction, reference architecture, development framework standards and guidelines.
· Partner with product teams for evaluation and prioritization of new product features
· Self Service automation tools and reference architecture for code reuse, build, release and deploy
· Establish architecture guardrails around development and release management process.
· Guide and assist the app support team for performance, scalability, reliability and capacity planning
· Assist the app support team for high severity incident troubleshooting and root cause analysis
Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
Compensation Range: $44.72 to $58.14, hourly rates, annualized.
Required Education and Experience
Background in Healthcare/Medical Devices/Regulated industry product development preferred.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.