CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Job Summary / Purpose
The CommonSpirit Health Digital and Human Experiences team is looking for an innovative and experienced Senior Product Manager who has proven outcomes in conceptualizing and delivering consumer-focused web and native mobile products and services to provide an intensely positive and personalized integrated experience for our consumers and patients while streamlining operational, clinical and administrative workflows. This position is responsible for innovating, prioritizing and delivering some of CommonSpirit Health’s most strategic initiatives.
This person will partner with key leadership throughout the organization to provide vision, guidance and direction for development and integration efforts for our portfolio of consumer facing digital products which provide the ability to engage digitally with CommonSpirit Health. The portfolio spans the holistic journey of our consumers and patients through our integrated Digital Front Door while considering the needs and usability of our staff and clinical teams. This portfolio of work continues to grow and this role will be critical for successful delivery of value to CommonSpirit Health.
The Senior Product Manager leads a group of digital product teams responsible for enabling access and engagement through digital channels for our current and potential patients both in a web and native mobile experience. This position owns the roadmap, design, development, testing and deployment of a portion of the portfolio from beginning to end. The Digital Front Door solutions directly impact the digital direction of the organization as well as have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and ability to support our mission to serve the underserved and disenfranchised.
A successful candidate will bring: deep software development and user experience expertise in the digital consumer-facing space; strong business acumen and judgement; ability to define and deliver visionary, ground breaking products; focus on solving problems and measuring value; data-driven decision making; partnership with internal stakeholders; success in vendor and cross-functional team management; the ability to work within a fast moving and results-driven environment in a large company.
If you are smart and can demonstrate it, comfortable with rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty, naturally curious and focused on solutions, confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience while being receptive to feedback, open to revising plans when appropriate and importantly, "result driven" – you are the right person to apply.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
· Serves as a lead on fast-paced, demanding, multi-team, cross-functional products and services.
· Plays a critical role in forming both short and long-term product and business strategy and goals in partnership with key leaders throughout the organization.
· Understands business and operational context to decisions made within and across groups.
· Maintains a current understanding of industry (both healthcare and digital) and technology trends.
· Actively engages with product teams on a daily basis to communicate vision, prioritization and clarify requirements.
· Leads a team of Product Owners and Business Analysts through focus on their professional growth, measuring performance, coaching and mentoring, and providing growth opportunities.
Coordinates hiring and staffing of product teams.
Defines and prioritizes key objectives and outcomes at an Epic level as well as some feature definition where relevant including Lean Business Cases.
Measures delivery performance of agile teams and partners with Product Owners and Agile Coaches to continually improve throughput and delivery capacity.
Defines, negotiates and monitors progress of key business measures and KPIs
Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
Compensation Range: $42.69 to $55.50, hourly rates, annualized.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in technology, computer science or related field required
· 7+ years experience in Product Management and/or Product Ownership for consumer-facing products including both web and native mobile
· 2+ years experience as a Product Manager or equivalent competancy
· 2+ years experience managing teams of engineers and managers
· Master’s degree in business, hospital administration, computer science or a related field
· 3+ years experience or degree in marketing
Leadership experience in a complex health care environment
Required Licensure and Certifications
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
Non-negotiable competencies include:
· Agile methodology proficiency
· Product management experience with publicly-facing digital products
· Deep understanding of web and native mobile development
· Familiarity with product analytics and dashboard tools (Google Analytics, Tealium, Tableau, etc)
· Ability to lead a group of agile development teams through inspiration and value-focused approaches
· Experience leading onshore, near-shore, and offshore teams
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.