Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services. St. Joseph’s is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospital’s patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph’s.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital.
St. Joseph's is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
The Ivy Brain Tumor Center is a non-conventional, non-profit program offering state-of-the-art clinical trials for patients with the most aggressive form of brain cancer. It is home to the largest collection of Phase 0 trials for brain tumors in the world. Our multidisciplinary team of brain tumor specialists and scientists are accelerating drug discovery and precision medicine in neuro-oncology to identify the most promising first-in-class therapies for brain tumor patients.
We are seeking an organized, analytical Administrative Coordinator with exceptional communication and problem-solving skills to coordinate specialized projects or functions for the program including managing databases, documents, reports, schedules, or other similar activities under limited supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Tracking program-related business expenses and ensure accuracy and integrity of information.
• Processing reimbursement submissions.
• Coordinate new hire process and onboarding.
• Support employees by facilitating interdepartmental communications and interaction between internal and external parties.
• Assist with process improvements and budget development.
• Preparing correspondence, agendas, reports, and other presentation and publication materials as required.
• Organizing travel arrangements and meeting registrations.
• Assist with coordination of the interview process for Ivy Center faculty and laboratory postdoctoral fellows/graduate students/technicians, which may include assembly of applications and evaluations, scheduling of interviews and travel arrangements.
• Providing routine office support.
• This individual assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Proven experience as an administrative coordinator or other relevant administrative support experience.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with institute-specific programs and software.
• Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
• Must be able to meet deadlines in a quickly changing environment.
• A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
• Professional level verbal and written communication skills.
Three years of administrative or related experience
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree Preferred
Experience with MS Office required.
Valid AZ driver's license.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.