Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services. St. Joseph’s is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospital’s patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph’s.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital.
St. Joseph's is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
The Ivy Brain Tumor Center is a non-conventional, non-profit program offering state-of-the-art clinical trials for patients with the most aggressive form of brain cancer. It is home to the largest collection of Phase 0 trials for brain tumors in the world. Our multidisciplinary team of brain tumor specialists and scientists are accelerating drug discovery and precision medicine in neuro-oncology to identify the most promising first-in-class therapies for brain tumor patients.
Pharmacokinetics Laboratory (PK Lab) of the Ivy Brain Tumor Center is currently in the process of CAP/CLIA certification and will be supporting healthcare professionals and patients in health management through accurate, precise and state of the art testing and research.
We are looking for an individual to join the PK Lab team as a postdoctoral associate. The candidate should have a strong background in chemical/pharmaceutical sciences with a reasonable working knowledge in translational research. Candidates who have experience in LC-MS/MS-based method development/validation and can demonstrate competency in pharmacokinetic data analysis will be preferred. The candidate should be highly motivated, able to work well in teams, and have excellent communication skills. Potential areas of application include: drug PK, brain targeting, organic, medicinal or analytical chemistry, instrumental method development and validation, biomarker analysis, drug metabolism, PK analysis and modeling.
Key responsibilities include:
• Development, validation and implementation of analytical methods for various drugs, drug candidates, drug metabolites, and biomarkers employing UHPLC and LC-MS/MS techniques.
• Performing pharmacokinetic data analyses and interpretation.
• Contribution toward the design of preclinical and clinical studies.
• Development of independent research plans.
• Manuscript preparation and publishing.
• Preparation of grant proposals and applications.
• Supervision and training of laboratory supporting research staff.
• Preparation and delivery of research presentations at local meetings, national and international conferences.
• General operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment, including UHPLC and LC-MS/MS instruments.
• Preparation and Maintenance of required laboratory safety documentation and adherence to the guidelines and regulations in compliance with CAP/CLIA and HIPAA rules.
Required Qualifications:• Strong experience with LC-MS/MS-based assay development and validation, including tissue sample handling, sample preparation, operating LC instruments and Mass Spectrometers.
• Working knowledge of PK software (e.g., WinNonlin) and PK data analyses, interpretation and publishing.
• Some experience in pharmaceutical research (knowledge in chemistry and experience with cellular techniques and laboratory animals handling).
• Hand-on experience in instrument calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of LC and MS systems
• Good organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and cohesively as part of a team.
• Ph.D. or equivalent degree (MD, DVM, PharmD, etc.) in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medical Sciences or in related disciplines.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.