Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve. As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
The Pharmacy Technician Specialist is responsible for gathering information from medical records and other sources as required to process medication refill requests while adhering to the departments protocol policies.
Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct and analyzes EMR chart notes and/or laboratory tests
- Reviews renewal requests to ensure that the patient has a participating e-fill provider and has documentation of previous and/or future appointments in the clinic schedule
- Ensures each refill request has appropriate documentation in the patients chart
- Appropriately notifies the prescribing provider of any protocol criteria that are not met after reviewing the requested medication
- Appropriately notifies the correct entities if a patient has not adhered to the monitoring parameters established by the prescribing provider
- Process refill requests received from pharmacies via fax or EMR with accuracy and precision
- Provides daily refill request information to the E-Fill Supervisor
- Consistently and positively communicates and collaborates with colleagues, supervisor, and customers (internal and external), both orally and in writing
- Help streamline the e-fill process for patients and clinic staff
- Educate the clinic staff regarding the e-fill process
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.