Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Job Summary / Purpose
The Administrator Contract Management has overall responsibility for developing and managing portfolio of all IT contracts in assigned category to ensure the management of supplies, products and services expense and the professional conduct of contracting services. The position requires internal and external contacts at senior levels, to exert influence and affect opinion on key issues related to contracting initiatives, utilization and compliance.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
Customer Relationship Development
· Maintain solid working relationships and coordination between IT Leadership, their key staff, business leadership, SSRM, and operating councils.
· Proactively work with IT and business key stakeholders to set appropriate expectations and guide contracting activities.
· Manage professional meeting and communications.
· Identify appropriate sourcing approach and secure IT and business leadership approval.
· Work with IT and business leadership, as well as operating councils or project specific task forces to guide the evaluation process.
· Lead large, complex RFX initiatives, including business case development and financial analysis.
· For assigned category, manage contracts from selection until expiration.
· Work collaboratively with IT and business leadership and Legal to lead vendor contract negotiations.
· Independently prepare all necessary contract documents (utilizing approved contract templates).
· Manage amendment process (including standard T&Cs).
· Provide direction to contract specialists and contract analysts on current priorities and help them manage their workload.
Vendor Relationship Management
· Manage ongoing relationships and serve as primary point of contact with vendors in assigned category (focusing on contractual commitment, high quality services, and competitive prices).
· Resolve vendor issues regarding contracting activities.
· Develop vendor performance metrics, conduct monthly RAILs meetings and quarterly business reviews.
· Work with counterparts at vendor organization to maximize benefits from ongoing relationship.
Forecast, Utilization, and Savings Management
· Deliver significant cost savings in the IT expense category.
· Work with IT and business customers to identify cost savings, obtain approval for cost reduction objectives and implementation plan, and lead associated cost cutting efforts.
· For IT contract requests, facilitate the identification of options (especially usage of existing contracts and adoption of IT standards).
Process and Project Management
Participate (or lead) projects to improve internal business processes.
· Manage multiple system-wide initiatives.
10 years work experience related to Supply Contracting and Program Management
5 years experience in Information Technology
Experience in financial and cost-benefit analysis
5 years experience in healthcare industry
Bachelor’s Degree. Preferred Information Management, Business Administration, or Healthcare Administration
Required Licensure and Certifications
Click here to enter the minimum requirements
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
· High level of professional knowledge in preparation of RFPs/RFIs, contracts, negotiations, and legal terminology
· Demonstrated team leadership in the achievement of organization objectives
Travel - 0-25%
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.