The Accounts Payable Specialist (AP Specialist) is responsible for the day-to-day Accounts Payable activities including Document Handling and Check Production, Optical Character Recognition (OCR) validation, Invoice Processing and Customer Service functions. This area will manage the daily workload and ensure the accuracy of data processed through the Kofax scanning, OCR and Lawson technologies, the timely invoice entry and payment to vendors, check production, as well as the handling of customer service inquiries and research using system-wide implementation of best practices, process improvements, and accounts payable system efficiencies. This position is responsible for ensuring that all work is completed in compliance with Dignity Health policies and meet all regulatory requirements. The AP Specialist is also responsible for reflecting and promoting the mission and philosophy of Dignity Health and its Sponsoring Congregations.
This position is responsible for accounts payable processing of all invoices for hospitals, health-related affiliated corporations as well as the Dignity Health Medical Foundation (DHMF) facilities in California, Arizona and Nevada. Currently, the Sacramento office handles all accounts payable processing for 17 hospitals, 10 health-related affiliated corporations and DHMF facilities, processing over 65,000 invoices per month. The Phoenix office handles the processing for 24 hospitals, the System Office and 10 health-related affiliated corporations, processing over 80,000 invoices per month. Additional facilities may be added into the consolidated centers as the need is identified, further expanding the scope of the position.
The Accounts Payable Service Center provides a consolidated function for the Dignity Health Systems Office. In addition to Accounts Payable services, the Dignity Health Systems Office also provides system-wide services in the area of strategic planning, information systems, centralized cash management and investment programs, financial and statistical reporting, centralized self-insurance programs, risk management, short and long-term financing, tax reporting, human resources, legal, advocacy, communications, managed care, and mission effectiveness.
The AP Specialist is assigned to one of three teams (OCR Validation, Processing or Customer Service). As workloads shift, the AP Specialist may fill in on one of the other teams either on a temporary or permanent basis. All AP Specialists will be cross-trained to perform the duties and responsibilities of each of the functional areas of AP.
- Daily receipt and processing of accounts payable related mail in accordance with established best practices and standard process as defined by the Director of Accounts Payable and the Design Team.
- Preparation of incoming invoices, statements, and correspondence for scanning
- Distribution of other mail to appropriate accounts payable staff
- Coordinate daily mail pickup and delivery including express packages
- Sort Invoices according to established guidelines
- Scanning of invoices into imaging software
- Check Production for daily Patient Refunds and on-site check runs
- Maintenance of all department equipment
- Process AP invoices using OCR technology (Kofax) and ImageNow functionality in accordance with established best practices and standard process as defined by the Director of Accounts Payable and the Design Team.
- Routing of invoice through Process Flow in accordance with Dignity Health policies and procedures.
- Maximize usage of Kofax technology
- Invoice Processing
- Deliver excellent Customer Service