The purpose of Dignity Health Management Services Organization (Dignity Health MSO) is to build a system-wide integrated physician-centric, full-service management service organization structure. We offer a menu of management and business services that will leverage economies of scale across provider types and geographies and will lead the effort in developing Dignity Health’s Medicaid population health care management pathways. Dignity Health MSO is dedicated to providing quality managed care administrative and clinical services to medical groups, hospitals, health plans and employers with a business objective to excel in coordinating patient care in a manner that supports containing costs while continually improving quality of care and levels of service. Dignity Health MSO accomplishes this by capitalizing on industry-leading technology and integrated administrative systems powered by local human resources that put patient care first.
Dignity Health MSO offers an outstanding Total Rewards package that integrates competitive pay with a state-of-the-art, flexible Health & Welfare benefits package. Our cafeteria-style benefit program gives employees the ability to choose the benefits they want from a variety of options, including medical, dental and vision plans, for the employee and their dependents, Health Spending Account (HSA), Life Insurance and Long Term Disability. We also offer a 401k retirement plan with a generous employer-match. Other benefits include Paid Time Off and Sick Leave.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Chief Operations Officer (COO) is the executive leader and general business manager of Dignity Health Management Services Organization (DHMSO). This position ensures that the strategic direction and operations of DHMSO are sound and congruent with the system’s mission, vision, and values.
The CEO/COO has ultimate profit and loss responsibility for the operations of DHMSO, and takes the lead in setting sustainable strategies, goals, and overall business objectives that are aligned with CommonSpirit Health’s broader physician integration and value based strategy. This includes creating a vision and business model for the long-term development and operations of DHMSO, including systems, metrics, and dashboards to enhance quality, productivity, utilization, outcomes management, and cost management.
The executive also ensures organizational, departmental and mission goals are incorporated into operations and communicated to internal and external stakeholders, while ensuring services developed and delivered are customer-focused, high quality and further the goals of the organization.
- A Master’s degree in Healthcare or Business Administration (or an equivalent combination of education and/or additional job-related experience).- Fifteen (15) or more years’ in a senior or executive level role providing leadership within a complex and highly-matrixed environment in which essential core functions are centralized under their respective departmental leaders.
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience working in a large scale diverse health care delivery or payer organization, with at least 3 years in a managed care services and operations environment.
- Experience in strategic financial and administrative leadership and business development acumen, with significant experience translating strategic priorities into operational reality, aligning communication accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Experience in negotiating and executing business agreements that meet the priorities of the organization while ensuring a sustainable operation.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to oversee and orchestrate all aspects of administrative and operational functions to improve operational performance of the organization, and to develop and lead integrated decision-making across a complex, integrated system of multiple constituents across groups and regions, with diverse and sometimes competing priorities.
- Ability to work closely with matrixed partners who provide subject matter expertise, including in clinical services, to reconcile competing priorities and make sound business decisions with sensitivity to the nuances necessary to ensure that unique market needs are met.
- Able to plan, organize, direct and coordinate a wide variety of activities; developing implementing and communicating policies and procedures; implementing fiscal management policies; analyzing data, making sound recommendations and adopting effective causes of action.
- Ability to work persuasively and tactfully with leaders and line staff; supervision of specialized professional staff; communicating effectively both in oral and written formats.
- Demonstrated record of establishing an environment of trust, transparency, performance excellence, and collegiality.
- Strengthens and fosters mutually beneficial relationships and develops strong rapport with internal and external constituents at all levels; board members, leadership team, administrative leaders, physicians, staff members, and the community.
- Proven skill to lead the development of strategic and operational plans of the organization and ensures their objectives are achieved through responsible values-based leadership, implementation of proper oversight and accountability systems, an effective management infrastructure, and visible leadership.
- Collaboration skills to represent the strategies and functional requirements of the organization to the leaders and work with them to ensure objectives are realized with due priority and attention.
- Executive leadership acumen to develop and spearhead the implementation of efficient operational processes/protocols, orchestrate and grow key clinical services/programs, standardize and onboard practices, ensure customer satisfaction, compliance, and appropriate financial operations.
- Proven skill to lead development and execution of strategic and operational performance plans.
- Ability to drive financial improvements, consolidations, and right-sizing initiatives to meet organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated expertise in building key infrastructure, managing growth, team building, developing operational efficiency and reliability.
- Excellent financial skills, including proficiency in budgeting, forecasting, strategic fiscal planning, and the use of decision support systems, benchmarks and metrics to guide operating decisions.
- Skill to establish best practices and implement key measurement tools.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and assess operational results through benchmarking operations against peers and industry standards, and proven skill to identify roadblocks from a process and business development perspective.
- In addition to leading DHMSO, able to serve as a member of the leadership team in Population Health at CommonSpirit Health.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in MSO services and provide guidance and oversight of national projects the DHMSO participates in.
- Medical Degree accompanied by a clinical and administrative background preferred.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at Dignity Health and experience #humankindness.